Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84170 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2625 on: February 14, 2015, 05:43:05 AM »
too early to have a valid observation

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2626 on: February 14, 2015, 03:13:18 PM »
It's  snowing
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2627 on: February 14, 2015, 05:38:57 PM »
Observing I have yet to post pictures of the rectifiers being moved.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2628 on: February 18, 2015, 06:10:58 PM »
A red tailed hawk swooped down and landed on the gate just outside the window with one wing brushing the house today making a bunch of noise and startling me.  I'm pretty sure he was after the squirrel that had been at the bird feeder moments before
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2629 on: February 18, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
After 3180 days enrolled on this forum, I finally made it to "0.10 posts per day"

I am now a " constant poster"  :LMAO:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 07:17:12 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2630 on: February 19, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »
Plow truck hit my neighbor's mailbox with a massive slush ball. It was encased in about 3" of frozen slop this morning...mailman couldn't even get it open.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2631 on: February 20, 2015, 12:29:52 PM »
Humans can be vicious hypocrites. A local woman with mental health issues made the paper in November last year for setting a fire off in the housing block she lived in. She had a court case for it coming up soon and a week ago she left her work at a pub and disappeared. There were articles asking people to look out for her and stating she had been seen briefly sitting at the side of a road in obvious distress. There were comments saying she should be locked up and that she should jump from a bridge and similar.  Like a witch hunt. She turned up dead a few days ago from suicide. 24 years old with two young children. A few who had earlier made appalling comments posted 'RIP'. Really pisses me off. One posted a link to the article about the fire she started last year as if that somehow means she got what was coming to her.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2632 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »
Humans can be vicious hypocrites. A local woman with mental health issues made the paper in November last year for setting a fire off in the housing block she lived in. She had a court case for it coming up soon and a week ago she left her work at a pub and disappeared. There were articles asking people to look out for her and stating she had been seen briefly sitting at the side of a road in obvious distress. There were comments saying she should be locked up and that she should jump from a bridge and similar.  Like a witch hunt. She turned up dead a few days ago from suicide. 24 years old with two young children. A few who had earlier made appalling comments posted 'RIP'. Really pisses me off. One posted a link to the article about the fire she started last year as if that somehow means she got what was coming to her.
Was the fire intentional?

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2633 on: February 20, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »

It was intentional, from what I recall.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2634 on: February 20, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »

Then would agree with those who said she should be locked up. Apartment complex fires can be really bad. Curious about the original story, how large was the fire, was anyone injured or killed, that sort of thing.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2635 on: February 20, 2015, 04:59:13 PM »

Then would agree with those who said she should be locked up. Apartment complex fires can be really bad. Curious about the original story, how large was the fire, was anyone injured or killed, that sort of thing.

No-one was killed, a few suffered smoke inhalation.
She was under mental health care, from what I recall, but not given adequate support, quite common here in the Uk.
Here is the original article about the fire.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11635159.Resident_admits_starting_fires_in_flats_where_she_lived/

And about her death.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/11806145.Police_confirm_body_is_that_of_missing_mum_Charlene_McCluskey/?ref=mr

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2636 on: February 20, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »
If someone has mental health illness with which they are struggling to handle, it is the worst thing to tell them to kill themselves or tease them. How will they recover in that kind of environment?

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #2637 on: February 20, 2015, 06:04:24 PM »
If someone has mental health illness with which they are struggling to handle, it is the worst thing to tell them to kill themselves or tease them. How will they recover in that kind of environment?

Yes, and certainly if she had read the responses to the articles during the hunt for her, it would not have helped.
As it is, her body was found by a common where I often walk. I am guessing she was so terrified of the court appearance that she just overloaded. Sad for the children left behind. There is still so little understanding in regards to mental health issues, from what I see. Granted, it does not excuse someone from committing a crime but equally, it does not justify people being so callous.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2638 on: February 20, 2015, 07:36:18 PM »
Here is the original article about the fire.
Thanks. Set fire to an apartment building in the middle of the night while everyone is sleeping.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2639 on: February 21, 2015, 09:23:06 AM »
Two awesome cats woke people up.

I saw on the comments of the later article someone being taken to task for their previous callous comments. A hypocrite right there.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae