Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84181 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2580 on: January 09, 2015, 04:04:06 PM »
I wonder if he did achieve nirvana in the end.

At the business end of a shotgun? Hard to judge.

I still wonder if there was some hanky panky. Remember he has a song where he states over and over and over and over, "I don't have a gun!"

I do not want to be the tough guy here, but SERIOUSLY!

Makes you wonder, but who knows? I don't. I wasn't particularly concerned at the time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2581 on: January 10, 2015, 08:55:02 AM »
I went to the Panther's* club tonight even after mum rang me to say she wasn't going. Sat around a few people that are friends of my mum's friend. These people can only be described as the club's "inhabitants" lol. They say they are there literally every day. Instead of self-realizing how tragic they themselves are they judge my mum for not coming down to the club as often as they do. Tragic.

I wanted to sneak out and walk home but the only exit to the club was in full view of where we were sitting.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2582 on: January 10, 2015, 09:16:41 AM »
I wanted to sneak out and walk home but the only exit to the club was in full view of where we were sitting.
Personally like just getting up and walking out of a room without saying anything, leaving the group to wonder what that's about. Have only done it a few times in life, but it was really satisfying. :laugh:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2583 on: January 10, 2015, 12:55:58 PM »
I have more nuts, bolts, and screws then I'll ever use in 3 lifetimes.

Seriously, if a couple of screws ever come loose I know where to find 1000 more.  :zombiefuck:

Organizers stuffed full of the stuff....

I think it's time to sort, bag, and slim down a bit.

Harbor freight sells cheap-o thread guages so you can at least sort them by diameter and thread pitch.

Have a couple...handy little things.

Personally like just getting up and walking out of a room without saying anything, leaving the group to wonder what that's about. Have only done it a few times in life, but it was really satisfying. :laugh:

I've done that. :LOL: Yep it is.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2584 on: January 12, 2015, 10:28:09 AM »
My fourteen year old daughter has found "Nirvana"  (the band) in some game she plays and has  become obsessed with anything "Cobain- ish."

SHE LOVES ALL THIS SHIT!!

Well, so do I, but I know she has not explored far enough to know that there will be no more, because he is dead. I was thirty nine when he was found as he was found. "I did NOT crack!," (slight nod) quite unlike when I was fifteen and found out that Hendrix had died. I cracked. I left school that day and just walked aaround for hours.

I am worried that reality will come home to her too soon.
 :'(

Must be in the air.

My nearly fourteen year old was singing Nirvana songs this afternoon. So, now it is blasting through the room.
Yesterday she played music by Herman Brood. He threw himself of the Hilton in Amsterdam the year my daughter was born. She's been a fan of him from toddler age on.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2585 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
He's actually a reasonably OK guy. :)

Guess that that is something you grow into as a parent too.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2586 on: January 12, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »
It was a lot more slippery out this morning than it looked
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2587 on: January 12, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »
It was raining torrents today. The bugs were loving it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2588 on: January 12, 2015, 10:58:48 PM »
Honestly, it usually seems like some kind of vague accusation of wrong doing by some, once it is revealed that a person actually listens to music with a tincture of Christianism in the musical message.

I do not think of music in such horrid terms. 
When I hear great music, I just listen and then replay if I like it. The message often escapes me, but not always.

I enjoy a lot of music with an obvious spiritual content, such as Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, etc. My spiritual side lives within me and without me, as the Beatles said.

Ah, no accusation was meant. A little surprise because I didn't know if you were a practicing Christian or not. I have a fluid spirituality that takes things from a lot of areas... As much as I hate to admit that. I was raised to believe you are either Christian or you are not, and it shouldn't be diluted. But there is a damn lot of good Christian music, regardless. Both new and traditional.

Well, sorry, if you thought I was referring to you specifically. I just know what my daughter is in for at school if she lets anyone know about this "new" band she enjoys.

This area is a decidedly non-Christian area for the most part. Of course, there old folks (older that me even, FFS) who are sticklers for many of the Christian proprieties and sanctifying practices being upheld, even in the schools, FFS.

In my view, I would NEVER raise children without exposing them to my best knowledge of all the spirituality that i/I have learned, sometimes, the hard way, sometimes just as a matter of course. It would be dishonest to them.

As far as "practicing Christian."  I do believe that I follow closely to Christ's teachings in my dealings with others, as I have mentioned many times before (until I lose my temper, but that is a long and troubled story) and I also believe in The Golden Rule, which, BTW is quite far from Christs' teachings.

I also believe that (a simple perfect stone ... for instance, or a known good fishing spot ... a place where one can just think) many other things can have great power in this life. Mostly, though, it is where you choose to put your efforts that allows your spirit live strong or continuously toil.

My dad was a truly, old school, practicing Christian and his best advice to me, that I culled over the years, was to choose my battles wisely.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2589 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »
I still remember the first Christian rock bands...pretty awful. I think that might have something to do with the stigma.  :LOL:

Nirvana...Rape Me...I don't even have a clue as to how to explain that one DD.

Don't know how true this is, but might help. If I remember right it was supposed to be anti rape...

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090715082203AAUPM3F

You are right, as far as I remember,   but ...

She is also very political minded as well.
At this point I have decided to equivocate the "friend" as democratically popular "big government,"  which we can all imagine that a Seattle garage grunge band would love, until "Bush I" came to power and began "raping" peoples' freedoms.

Making it political was the best I could come up with on such short notice, last week.

We actually listened to that song tonight and she offered the insight (in response to my concern) that "I'm not the only one,"  meant that many people were "disfranchised" by some of the government policies put in place so many years ago.

Whew!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2590 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »
It was raining torrents today. The bugs were loving it.

It has rained a lot (lucky; could have been snow), but we have not had any bugs in about four months.

Killing freeze came a month early this year, which kind of sukked, because I still had about two hundred spring flowering bulbs to plant. Got it done though, with my son's help.
The boy can be a treasure.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2591 on: January 12, 2015, 11:42:49 PM »

You hope that they find someone who treats them well and who supports them when things get difficult. This one seems to fit the bill.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2592 on: January 13, 2015, 03:11:06 AM »

You hope that they find someone who treats them well and who supports them when things get difficult. This one seems to fit the bill.
That's a good thing indeed.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #2593 on: January 14, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
...At this point I have decided to equivocate the "friend" as democratically popular "big government,"  which we can all imagine that a Seattle garage grunge band would love, until "Bush I" came to power and began "raping" peoples' freedoms.

I don't get this. G.Bush 41 was mostly just a continuation of Reagan's domestic and foreign policies. I don't recall anything he did to "rape" people's freedoms unless you count the invasion of Panama.    :dunno:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2594 on: January 16, 2015, 06:59:45 AM »
There is someone asking me every week if I have artificial sweeteners for her tea.

No, I don't, and I won't.