Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84185 times)

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2550 on: January 06, 2015, 03:15:54 PM »
He's actually a reasonably OK guy. :)

That's disappointing. :P I was expecting drama. :rollingpin:

Congratulations to your daughter for finding a good boyfriend, or condolences to your daughter for having a boyfriend that her father likes. :thumbup:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2551 on: January 06, 2015, 04:08:03 PM »
The new guy working in the warehouse where I buy building supplies is rather grumpy
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2552 on: January 06, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »

:jawdrop:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #2553 on: January 06, 2015, 11:50:45 PM »
The guy that interviewed me for the job at the Video Store, looks like Woody Harrelson from Cheers.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2554 on: January 06, 2015, 11:52:42 PM »

That's disappointing. :P I was expecting drama. :rollingpin:

Congratulations to your daughter for finding a good boyfriend, or condolences to your daughter for having a boyfriend that her father likes. :thumbup:

They still seem happy with each other.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2555 on: January 06, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2556 on: January 07, 2015, 12:07:53 AM »
My fourteen year old daughter has found "Nirvana"  (the band) in some game she plays and has  become obsessed with anything "Cobain- ish."

SHE LOVES ALL THIS SHIT!!

Well, so do I, but I know she has not explored far enough to know that there will be no more, because he is dead. I was thirty nine when he was found as he was found. "I did NOT crack!," (slight nod) quite unlike when I was fifteen and found out that Hendrix had died. I cracked. I left school that day and just walked aaround for hours.

I am worried that reality will come home to her too soon.
 :'(

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2557 on: January 07, 2015, 12:15:43 AM »
I wonder if he did achieve nirvana in the end.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2558 on: January 07, 2015, 12:20:53 AM »
My ex-boyfriend loved Nirvana even though he knew they wouldn't make more music. I think it is ok to do that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2559 on: January 07, 2015, 02:54:45 AM »
My fourteen year old daughter has found "Nirvana"  (the band) in some game she plays and has  become obsessed with anything "Cobain- ish."

Well, so do I, but I know she has not explored far enough to know that there will be no more, because he is dead. I was thirty nine when he was found as he was found. "I did NOT crack!," (slight nod) quite unlike when I was fifteen and found out that Hendrix had died. I cracked. I left school that day and just walked aaround for hours.

She probably knows already.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2560 on: January 07, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »

Well, she did not, but I talked to her today.
Everyone in the house is sick as hell with a nasty flu-thing. We kept them both home from school, I called off work, as did my wife. WE all need to recover. It is below zero degrees Fahrenheit outside and the wind is wicked. 

She now understands that the extent of her latest obsession is finite.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2561 on: January 07, 2015, 11:02:33 AM »

Everyone in the house is sick as hell with a nasty flu-thing. We kept them both home from school, I called off work, as did my wife. WE all need to recover. It is below zero degrees Fahrenheit outside and the wind is wicked. 

The Foo Fighters are still making music. :rock:

There is more to grunge than Nirvana. Perhaps she should expand her collection into Nirvana's influences. :headbang2:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Hannah

« Reply #2562 on: January 07, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
walked today and saw trash out on the ground more so then usual, more for rent that were for sale then usual...A couple walked out on their home and the bank repossessed it, now it's getting a 'make-over' as it were...looks different...Big old nasty rear dump pod in the front for all the junk in the 'walked away' home...

There are a lot of out of town folks...the holidays are over and they are still sticking around...

Apparently I'm too old and too overweight to join the army reserves...oh well I can always volunteer at the army hospice...

The weather is cold as heck and cloudy out...

that is about all I've got for now

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2563 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:16 PM »

The Foo Fighters are still making music. :rock:

There is more to grunge than Nirvana. Perhaps she should expand her collection into Nirvana's influences. :headbang2:

I have always liked Foo Fighters. Their music is a little more commercial than what my daughter seeks. She also like heavy stuff, like Skillet, as well.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2564 on: January 07, 2015, 10:31:38 PM »
Skillet? As in Christian rock?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.