Educational

Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84168 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2490 on: December 15, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »
Apparently you can't talk about race without being a racist.

SCORE CARD:
Segregation 1
Humanity 0
It's a pest. Where PC talk was meant to make people be more respectful towards each other, it is being used more and more to make conversations impossible or utterly disrespectful.

I agree. The thing is...PC is a one size fits all bandaid. But conversation is one on one. It's never one size fits all. PC is good for speech givers for leaders who are speaking to diverse peoples... but for folks getting to know one another it doesn't seem to help. I'm guilty of reacting to it as well... Rage is one of the people who have helped me get over it better. dunno where he is tho...  :apondering:

Rage hates rich people too, so that's a good choice.  :thumbup:

I don't hate rich people. I dislike entitled rich folk.

Most of them will not be aware. It's not a matter of if they could be aware. If you want you can dig up lots of information. But you have to be aware of something, before you start looking for that.
And even then. People will focus on an area in life they want to be aware of, being aware of everything is a task too big for most mortals.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2491 on: December 15, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »

SCORE CARD:
Segregation 1
Humanity 0
It's a pest. Where PC talk was meant to make people be more respectful towards each other, it is being used more and more to make conversations impossible or utterly disrespectful.

I agree. The thing is...PC is a one size fits all bandaid. But conversation is one on one. It's never one size fits all. PC is good for speech givers for leaders who are speaking to diverse peoples... but for folks getting to know one another it doesn't seem to help. I'm guilty of reacting to it as well... Rage is one of the people who have helped me get over it better. dunno where he is tho...  :apondering:

I say potato, you say potato like a dick.  :hahaha:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2492 on: December 15, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »
The auto shut off on the gas pumps were I bought gas didn't work so well
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2493 on: December 15, 2014, 10:17:44 PM »

:GA:

Let them know, or call the state regulators. That's a good way to cause an uncontrollable gas leak.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2494 on: December 15, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »
Haven't seen one around here in years; seems sensible to just do away with them.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2495 on: December 15, 2014, 10:38:55 PM »
Haven't seen one around here in years; seems sensible to just do away with them.

The shutoff, not the plastic catch that used to keep the pump going when you took your hand off.

I assume. :dunno: I read this story as Parts getting his hands covered in gasoline. :spaz:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2496 on: December 17, 2014, 12:57:26 AM »
Everyone left early today, except me and my son.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2497 on: December 17, 2014, 05:38:36 AM »

The shutoff, not the plastic catch that used to keep the pump going when you took your hand off.

I assume. :dunno: I read this story as Parts getting his hands covered in gasoline. :spaz:
Not on my hands but some leaked out and made a mess.  I did have it go all over me once but not this time
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2498 on: December 17, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »

You don't have to be mean.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2499 on: December 17, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »

SCORE CARD:
Segregation 1
Humanity 0

Most of them will not be aware. It's not a matter of if they could be aware. If you want you can dig up lots of information. But you have to be aware of something, before you start looking for that.
And even then. People will focus on an area in life they want to be aware of, being aware of everything is a task too big for most mortals.

That always get me....My thought process: I can't imagine the average person worrying over even a little of this stuff without being nervous wrecks. So, I wonder, "ffks, how does change happen if not voluntarily?" Will it take a catastrophe before anything will change? but for things like- say climate change or bad international relations- a catastrophe is too late....so -if there is any logic/law to the survival our species -"there must be a way for change to start occurring voluntarily without a catastrophe prompt, without people becoming ineffective nervous wrecks".....but how???

I've been reading Mengzi and he has some sound advice on this. Speaking of which, here is a random observation:

The ch'i, or qi, in chinese is pictured below. It is actually two pictures, the lower left is rice, and the three lines above it, and trailing to the right is the steam. the ch'i is the steam coming off of the cooked rice...a life force, an energy, or breath. Pretty cool eh?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2500 on: December 17, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »

It's a funny joke, and it's funny, and you probably would have thought it was funny if I had said it to someone else.  :dunno: People who talk out of the side of their mouths get on my nerves. I've faced it my whole life, so I'm not apologizing because you want to sugarcoat your words. You know why I like Richard so much? He hates Indians. He's encounters the stereotypical drunk poor reservation dweller everyday, and that's all he knows about Indians. I've never even seen that crap. I like Richard because he's cool to me and he was honest with me about the reason he hates Indians.  :green:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:01:40 PM by Gopher Gary »

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2501 on: December 17, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »

SCORE CARD:
Segregation 1
Humanity 0

That always get me....My thought process: I can't imagine the average person worrying over even a little of this stuff without being nervous wrecks. So, I wonder, "ffks, how does change happen if not voluntarily?" Will it take a catastrophe before anything will change? but for things like- say climate change or bad international relations- a catastrophe is too late....so -if there is any logic/law to the survival our species -"there must be a way for change to start occurring voluntarily without a catastrophe prompt, without people becoming ineffective nervous wrecks".....but how???

I've been reading Mengzi and he has some sound advice on this. Speaking of which, here is a random observation:

The ch'i, or qi, in chinese is pictured below. It is actually two pictures, the lower left is rice, and the three lines above it, and trailing to the right is the steam. the ch'i is the steam coming off of the cooked rice...a life force, an energy, or breath. Pretty cool eh?

No. I never would have figured that out if you hadn't told me. :orly:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2502 on: December 18, 2014, 12:29:20 AM »

It's a funny joke, and it's funny, and you probably would have thought it was funny if I had said it to someone else.  :dunno: People who talk out of the side of their mouths get on my nerves. I've faced it my whole life, so I'm not apologizing because you want to sugarcoat your words. You know why I like Richard so much? He hates Indians. He's encounters the stereotypical drunk poor reservation dweller everyday, and that's all he knows about Indians. I've never even seen that crap. I like Richard because he's cool to me and he was honest with me about the reason he hates Indians.  :green:

Gopher Gary, if you knew me a little better you'd know I rarely ever use the word hate. Its worse than a curse word for me...an extremely strong negative feeling to have. If I ever use it I am at wits end or pretending to be someone else, and I think I have only ever used it to refer to a person (as opposed to a thing) once or twice ever. So I specifically do not use that word for that reason. I'm not talking out of the side of my mouth. You can love someone who you also dislike. You cannot love someone who you hate. Its not a joke to me...if anyone around me (physically) uses the term hate even to describe a smell or a thing, I make a comment...it is the one word I do not take or use lightly.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2503 on: December 18, 2014, 12:31:24 AM »
This is a day with perfect beds in the morning.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #2504 on: December 18, 2014, 01:56:28 AM »

Gopher Gary, if you knew me a little better you'd know I rarely ever use the word hate. Its worse than a curse word for me...an extremely strong negative feeling to have. If I ever use it I am at wits end or pretending to be someone else, and I think I have only ever used it to refer to a person (as opposed to a thing) once or twice ever. So I specifically do not use that word for that reason. I'm not talking out of the side of my mouth. You can love someone who you also dislike. You cannot love someone who you hate. Its not a joke to me...if anyone around me (physically) uses the term hate even to describe a smell or a thing, I make a comment...it is the one word I do not take or use lightly.

Like I said, potato dictater, it's just a rose by another name. He didn't use the word hate either. So what? And yes you are talking out of the side of your mouth. Saying things like, poor sad misunderstood you, how you guess you're the only one who can understand what you're trying to express, saying only someone who has been stigmatized, stereotyped and repressed could possibly comprehend the humor and irony in your bigoted statements. Poor sad misunderstood you and your outrage of being a slave. Just say I don't get it because I'm not poor or black, instead of dancing around it and talking out the side of your sweet mouth.