Author Topic: Random observations from your day  (Read 84168 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random observations from your day
« Reply #2430 on: November 11, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
Hardly any StMarten kids showing up this year. One group of seven boys, and a cute little toddler singing a song an hour after that.

So here I am, stuck with too much candy, and some plastic dinosaurs. Chased the paperlady to get her some candy.
 :P

I couldn't figure out why you were handing out candy on Veterans Day, until I remembered that it's an actual holiday in Germany. :autism: In America, we handed out candy two weeks ago, on Halloween. :witch:

It's a weird day. Very locally celebrated or ignored, in quite a few European countries. I like living in a place where it is celebrated again. But, it does not have the excitement it had when the world was still dark after sunset.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2431 on: November 11, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »
Hardly any StMarten kids showing up this year. One group of seven boys, and a cute little toddler singing a song an hour after that.

So here I am, stuck with too much candy, and some plastic dinosaurs. Chased the paperlady to get her some candy.

I couldn't figure out why you were handing out candy on Veterans Day, until I remembered that it's an actual holiday in Germany. :autism: In America, we handed out candy two weeks ago, on Halloween. :witch:

It's a weird day. Very locally celebrated or ignored, in quite a few European countries. I like living in a place where it is celebrated again. But, it does not have the excitement it had when the world was still dark after sunset.

Do these children dress up in costume, to scare you in exchange for your candy?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2432 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:11 PM »

Nah, they sing sweet and silly songs, and walk around with lanterns they made themselves.

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2433 on: November 12, 2014, 10:17:08 PM »

Nah, they sing sweet and silly songs, and walk around with lanterns they made themselves.

As long as they don't burn themselves. :GA: At least in a month, you'll get to dress in blackface and throw hard cookies at them. :zoinks:

Do any Dutch holidays not involve giving candy to children? With less than two months between Halloween and the arrival of Sinterklaas, it seems that all of the children should be fat as Americans from eating all of that junk food. :snowman:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2434 on: November 13, 2014, 02:46:55 AM »
In the US, do you offer fries with the candy when the kids come knocking on your door?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2435 on: November 13, 2014, 06:30:36 AM »
In the US, do you offer fries with the candy when the kids come knocking on your door?

Of course. :zoinks: We'll even make them a large order of fries for an extra dollar. :trollface:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2436 on: November 13, 2014, 06:47:54 AM »
It's good to know that the kids are all right. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2437 on: November 13, 2014, 06:52:50 AM »
It's good to know that the kids are all right. :P

Bells chime, and they know they gotta get away. :zoinks:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2438 on: November 13, 2014, 04:38:05 PM »

As long as they don't burn themselves. :GA: At least in a month, you'll get to dress in blackface and throw hard cookies at them. :zoinks:

Do any Dutch holidays not involve giving candy to children? With less than two months between Halloween and the arrival of Sinterklaas, it seems that all of the children should be fat as Americans from eating all of that junk food. :snowman:

When I was a kid, Easter was more about a huge fire than about chocolate eggs.

Most festivities for kids do come with sweet stuff though. Is it any different in your country?

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2439 on: November 13, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »

When I was a kid, Easter was more about a huge fire than about chocolate eggs.

Most festivities for kids do come with sweet stuff though. Is it any different in your country?

Although it varies by culture and region, children can generally expect sweets on Easter, Halloween and Christmas (or Hanukkah), plus birthdays and, sometimes, Valentine's Day. Parades may involve tossing sweets to children. We usually don't set huge fires on holidays unless drunk and/or rednecks. A common theme with American children and candy is that the children are typically expected to do a token task in exchange for the candy. For example, on Easter, they have to find it, and on Christmas, they have to be well behaved and hang up their stockings. A party may involve a piñata that children have to beat with sticks. Of course, we have no Kinder eggs in America. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2440 on: November 14, 2014, 12:41:58 AM »
Of course, we have no Kinder eggs in America. :zoinks:

You have fries. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2441 on: November 14, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »

Shouldn't the WHO investigate what is more dangerous to juvenile health?

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2442 on: November 14, 2014, 07:00:59 AM »

Would you like fries with those fries? :zoinks:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2443 on: November 14, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »
I've said yes to an upsize only once in my entire life :laugh:

We have no supersize at Mickey D's though. Our large is probably 'murica's small :P

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2444 on: November 14, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »
I've said yes to an upsize only once in my entire life :laugh:

We have no supersize at Mickey D's though. Our large is probably 'murica's small :P

Your fries would fall out from being held upside down. :P