Educational

Author Topic: OK, who's the narc??  (Read 3481 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: OK, who's the narc??
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »
           :aff:  Jeepers, Butterflies, don't scare me like that!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
It seems that someone tattle-tale'ed to eclair that her bewbs got re-posted.

Does this person want to step forward??  ::)

Why would you care unless you knew that what you did was very uncool?

:agreed:

If I had been online and I saw that you had reposted them, I would have told her, Scrapheap.

If you had shared a picture of your tinky winky with someone, wouldn't you want to know if they were sharing it with the world?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:52:57 PM by Callaway »

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
It seems that someone tattle-tale'ed to eclair that her bewbs got re-posted.

Does this person want to step forward??  ::)

Why would you care unless you knew that what you did was very uncool?

:agreed:

If I had been online and I saw that you had reposted them, I would have told her, Scrapheap.

If you had shared a picture of your tinky winky with someone, wouldn't you want to know if they were sharing it with the world?

She didn't 'share it with me' she posted it in a public forum FFS!!! The Streisand effect applies to whatever you post publicly.  :police:

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »

She just exposed an interesting double standard though.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »

She just exposed an interesting double standard though.

Well, you can't judge it by my reaction, I am just scared of peni.  :laugh:

People forget.

Osensitive1

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
What's the double standard?

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 07:13:09 PM »

Eclairs pic get posted without her permission and everyone is up in arms, yet peaguy's pic is re-posted almost every week and nobody says a thing.

I know I'm unaware of peaguy and his former presence here, so I don't know if he did anything to deserve it or not. Maybe he gave prior permission?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 07:18:30 PM »

Eclairs pic get posted without her permission and everyone is up in arms, yet peaguy's pic is re-posted almost every week and nobody says a thing.

I know I'm unaware of peaguy and his former presence here, so I don't know if he did anything to deserve it or not. Maybe he gave prior permission?

I didn't know that was Peaguy, I assumed it was posted by someone elsewhere who wanted the world to see it.   :dunno:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
Pea posted his picture on the forum and left it there. It's pretty much been seen by everyone. Eclair deliberately ddid it when/where she'd know he was able to view it

Also Pea's trolled all over the internet so he's a different case to Eclair imo

P7PSP

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

My stating that I would likely have told her about her pic being reposted is not being up in arms. Furthermore I like Eclair even though she and I have had a few minor arguments. I never found anything to like about Peaguy. If that is a double standard I can live with it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 07:36:39 PM »

My stating that I would likely have told her about her pic being reposted is not being up in arms. Furthermore I like Eclair even though she and I have had a few minor arguments. I never found anything to like about Peaguy. If that is a double standard I can live with it.

The only "double standard" I can think of (and it is quite a stretch, in my view) is that P did not remove his pic after a short time, but left it for all to "be amazed/amused"  over.

I have yet to see this much heralded pic of Eclair's boobs (although, not for lack of searching, mind you), but the simple fact that she placed it up for only a few of her closest friends, then took it down rather quickly (even abruptly by some opinions), should speak volumes to most civilised people on this site. 

Scr'eap, if you were truly going to prank her by re-posting an image of her  (the keeping of said image actually speaks VOLUMES about your character and you fucking KNOW it!), you would have done so when only SHE was on the site and immediately removed it after you "got your reaction"  off.

I see in your further posts a kind of controlling behavior that makes me question your statement that is was all meant in jest.

BTW, I would have most certainly relayed the link to her siting the re-posting of an image she had removed.  Call me a narc, all you want.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »

The only "double standard" I can think of (and it is quite a stretch, in my view) is that P did not remove his pic after a short time, but left it for all to "be amazed/amused"  over.

I have yet to see this much heralded pic of Eclair's boobs (although, not for lack of searching, mind you), but the simple fact that she placed it up for only a few of her closest friends, then took it down rather quickly (even abruptly by some opinions), should speak volumes to most civilised people on this site.  

Scr'eap, if you were truly going to prank her by re-posting an image of her  (the keeping of said image actually speaks VOLUMES about your character and you fucking KNOW it!), you would have done so when only SHE was on the site and immediately removed it after you "got your reaction"  off.

I see in your further posts a kind of controlling behavior that makes me question your statement that is was all meant in jest.

BTW, I would have most certainly relayed the link to her siting the re-posting of an image she had removed.  Call me a narc, all you want.

Honestly, I did not believe that Eclair was trying to control outsiders' views of her nude pictures. I believed that she was tantalizing Scrapheap with her willingness to post pictures, while teasing him by deleting them before he could see them (unless he was in the right place at the right time). For example, she mentioned (when giving karma) that she knew that Soph had saved her picture for private viewing, and she appeared to accept this. However, Eclair's callout has changed my view of this. Perhaps this started as a joke, but this has changed into something else.

Furthermore, the fact that an action is very likely to occur does not make that action acceptable. The fact that Eclair posted nudes on a public forum, and the fact that this might lead to reposting elsewhere, does not mean that such reposting is morally right. For example, a rich traveler dressed in fine clothing may visit a poor area and flash large sums of money. This would significantly increase the chances of that traveler being robbed, but it does not justify robbery.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »
Actually I would say if he's deliberately flaunting his money then he does deserve to get robbed :P

Seriously though, I agree with what ; just said. Posting nudes online is always dangerous if you aren't ok with pretty much anyone seeing them, but that doesn't in any way change whether or not reporting them is right, and in this case it obviously isn't

If Scrap genuinely hadnt realised and just made a mistake, thinking she would be ok with it, then that would be understandable, but I think he is being a bit of an ass about it now

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 08:29:11 PM »
reposting , not reporting

cant be arsed editing the pot though, sorry

Osensitive1

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 08:35:02 PM »
post, not pot.

Just helping your can't be arse.