Educational

Author Topic: MidlifeAspie  (Read 14024 times)

Osensitive1

Re: MidlifeAspie
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2011, 08:32:27 PM »
Your recent collection of avatars, do tell.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #166 on: May 10, 2011, 08:29:27 AM »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #167 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:48 AM »

Psychologically, this says to me that you are a better fit here than originally thought. I feel very comforted.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
 :lol:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
:LMAO: :rofl:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2011, 03:56:35 PM »
Thanks, Jeremy. Jack also approves.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
Giving Marjory a spin.  She is the least entertaining of the bunch, so I imagine she won't last long.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
You have come a long way since you joined as a suspected spy I never thought it would turn out the way it did. What were your first impressions of the place and looking back at them were you right?   I am very glad your here and feel WP lost a lot. 

Also as I have began asking people lately do you have any collections?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2011, 12:28:52 PM »
You have come a long way since you joined as a suspected spy I never thought it would turn out the way it did. What were your first impressions of the place and looking back at them were you right?   I am very glad your here and feel WP lost a lot. 

Thanks for the kind words.  When I first came over I was warned that "those people cut their teeth at 4chan" and one of you once caused a WP moderator to have to take out a restraining order - so I was a bit :tinfoil: when I first joined.  The software was so many levels above WP that I was instantly drawn just to the format and functionality of the place, and as soon as I got over my :tinfoil: and started lurking in earnest I discovered that this is a very unique group of people with strong personalities and an interesting dynamic that could never exist at WP.  I wanted to know more, so started posting more seriously.  The more I did the better I liked the place and eventually abandoned WP in favor of this place.

I like that it is smaller, so I feel like I actually know each regular member to some degree and I can actually read every post made on the board if I so choose, and often do.  It's a good place and I am glad I joined.

Right now the only thing I seem to be collecting is callouts.  I have a large stamp collection but that was my father and grandfather's doing.  I used to collect books and dvds, but with a kindle and electronic media these days there is little point in cluttering up my house with physical media.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2011, 12:55:23 PM »
I think you should return to WP for the sole purpose of lighting a fire under the Administration's ass. Since you were the one with the green badge, you would be the first one they would listen to. Your former colleagues are being quiet about this, too quiet. But its your choice, i'm just throwing the idea out there. Don't get me wrong, I like this place, but i also like WP and I want it to stick around.

OK, here's my question: Given the Inactivity of the Administration, how long do you think WP has before it goes down for the count?
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2011, 12:57:45 PM »
They didn't listen before when he was a mod they will not listen now as he's just another member
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
They didn't listen before when he was a mod they will not listen now as he's just another member

Exactly.  What more do you suggest I do?  I took the final measure available to me and quit in protest.  There isn't much of a second act after that.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

Exactly.  What more do you suggest I do?  I took the final measure available to me and quit in protest.  There isn't much of a second act after that.

Point taken, Well it looks like WP's time is limited. So much so that I am having to find other ways to keep in touch with the friends I have made on there. If it gets any worse, I might throw in the towel as a member.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2011, 01:34:59 PM »

Thanks for the kind words.  When I first came over I was warned that "those people cut their teeth at 4chan" and one of you once caused a WP moderator to have to take out a restraining order - so I was a bit :tinfoil: when I first joined.  The software was so many levels above WP that I was instantly drawn just to the format and functionality of the place, and as soon as I got over my :tinfoil: and started lurking in earnest I discovered that this is a very unique group of people with strong personalities and an interesting dynamic that could never exist at WP.  I wanted to know more, so started posting more seriously.  The more I did the better I liked the place and eventually abandoned WP in favor of this place.

I like that it is smaller, so I feel like I actually know each regular member to some degree and I can actually read every post made on the board if I so choose, and often do.  It's a good place and I am glad I joined.

Right now the only thing I seem to be collecting is callouts.  I have a large stamp collection but that was my father and grandfather's doing.  I used to collect books and dvds, but with a kindle and electronic media these days there is little point in cluttering up my house with physical media.

One of us made a WP moderator take out a restraining order?

:jawdrop:

Which one of us and which moderator?

If it was Sinsboldly, I think she was a little cracked to start with, so the member might have had very little to do with it.

I'm sorry that I thought you were here to spy at first.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
One of us made a WP moderator take out a restraining order?

Which one of us and which moderator?

If it was Sinsboldly, I think she was a little cracked to start with, so the member might have had very little to do with it.

That is all the story I was told (or remember).  I didn't push as it seemed kinda nuts.  Something about non-stop harassing phone calls.  I think the member was someone who is no longer here.  Maybe the person that Sins accused of flying to her house and breaking in?

I'm sorry that I thought you were here to spy at first.

No problem.  I might have thought the same in your shoes.