Educational

Author Topic: Hello midlifeaspie  (Read 18092 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Hello midlifeaspie
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2011, 10:39:01 AM »
Why did she get unbanned? I'm curious.

She asked, and the current moderation team felt comfortable complying with her request.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2011, 10:42:38 AM »
The entire moderation staff at Wrong Planet is less than 4 weeks into the job, and learning as we go.

Hopefully you find a hell of a lot more professionalism than previous staffs.

Thought police?

Yes, that's what Alex and previous mods have been.

Think what you will, but not every thought that crosses your mind must be expressed.

And who determines what thoughts "must" be expressed?? you do??

I have no interest in stifling debate or being a preschool teacher,

This statement is incompatible with your previous one.

only in allowing people with social disabilities the space to interact with others without being bullied for entertainment.

You mean like the way that Quatermass, Sinsboldly and Mr.Mark bullied people when they were mods??

Most of you have accounts over there.

More like multiple sock-puppets from being capriciously banned so many times.

Do you really see us doing anything other than this?

Previous moderation staffs were nasty pieces of work. They kept order and control of the site by bullying the members. Those who couldn't tollerate it left, those that remained behind were the cowards who didn't know how to stand up to bullies.

Do you think any action taken so far has been petty or personal?

The long history of WP moderation has been largely petty and personal, especially Alex Plank.

I think you quite missed my point

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
I was asked to request to be unbanned actually, instead of making new accounts to get around the ban. I don't think my Volodja account should have been banned in the first place tbh as I still don't know why it was, but thanks for unbanning it

btw, I am a he :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »

Then what was your point? or are you just trying to avoid answering questions??

midlifeaspie

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »
I was asked to request to be unbanned actually, instead of making new accounts to get around the ban. I don't think my Volodja account should have been banned in the first place tbh as I still don't know why it was, but thanks for unbanning it

My apologies  :-[

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »

My apologies  :-[

No problem - I am trans so I am used to it lol

midlifeaspie

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »

Then what was your point? or are you just trying to avoid answering questions??

I asked about the actions of the current moderation staff and you answered by talking about the old staff.

Let's look at your "questions":

Who decides what thoughts must be expressed?  The member does - but their actions take place in a moderated environment and they must accept the consequences of their words.  The rules are simple and far less ambiguous than previously.  I believe most people want to follow the rules and participate on a level playing field.  Those who don't want that don't really want to be there anyway, they just want to cause trouble.

Like the other mods?  No.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2011, 11:09:37 AM »
Leejosepho isn't a moderator anymore.  The entire moderation staff at Wrong Planet is less than 4 weeks into the job, and learning as we go.  I have a couple of years under my belt moderating a larger site than WP, but certainly not with the unique challenges that this site presents.

Thought police?  Think what you will, but not every thought that crosses your mind must be expressed.  I have no interest in stifling debate or being a preschool teacher, only in allowing people with social disabilities the space to interact with others without being bullied for entertainment.  Most of you have accounts over there.  Do you really see us doing anything other than this?  Do you think any action taken so far has been petty or personal?  (Leejosepho handled the iamnotaprettybirdie situation single handedly, leading to the current staffing)

If you have no interest in stifling debate, then why are you locking so many threads?

It seems to me that every time a debate becomes interesting over there, you lock it saying that the debate has run its course.

Are there some personal attacks that have been deleted from these locked threads?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
I agree about too many threads being locked, but other than that I think midlifeaspie is doing a good job so far, much bettter than other wp mods have been

edit: I don't mean ALL other wp mods have been shit btw. I have had no problems with any of the current mods since leejosepho was demodded, although haven't seen much of the others except Sallamandria
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:12:50 AM by Sophahamahamed, peace be upon him »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
If you wonder how active I am going to be, the answer would probably be "not very".  Moderating WP takes up most of my online time.  I am curious to get to know some of you and something about this site, but doubt I have a lot to contribute that is different from what I contribute at WP.

I was banned at WP in 2006 for comparing the place to a daytime soap (that was when we found out that Alex was reading other people's PMs) so I won't be reading you there. If you want to know us and us to know you, post here. As you know, what you say is moderated at WP. You can't tell anyone to fuck off or say that Alex is a vindictive little cunt there because someone will warn you and then ban you.

You can, here.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »
So what were the results of your search  :orly:

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Don't worry. Just post and be yourself. I for one am interested in what you have to say. Admittedly it's because of the hype but nevertheless...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »
If you wonder how active I am going to be, the answer would probably be "not very".  Moderating WP takes up most of my online time.  I am curious to get to know some of you and something about this site, but doubt I have a lot to contribute that is different from what I contribute at WP.

I was banned at WP in 2006 for comparing the place to a daytime soap (that was when we found out that Alex was reading other people's PMs) so I won't be reading you there. If you want to know us and us to know you, post here. As you know, what you say is moderated at WP. You can't tell anyone to fuck off or say that Alex is a vindictive little cunt there because someone will warn you and then ban you.

You can, here.

It's true! I'm constantly calling people vindictive little cunts here, they tell me to fuck off, and everybody's happy!   :santa:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:38 AM »
If you wonder how active I am going to be, the answer would probably be "not very".  Moderating WP takes up most of my online time.  I am curious to get to know some of you and something about this site, but doubt I have a lot to contribute that is different from what I contribute at WP.

You can, here.

It's true! I'm constantly calling people vindictive little cunts here, they tell me to fuck off, and everybody's happy!   :santa:

Fuck off, CBC.  :finger:

:laugh: :hug:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:09 AM »
Leejosepho isn't a moderator anymore.  The entire moderation staff at Wrong Planet is less than 4 weeks into the job, and learning as we go.  I have a couple of years under my belt moderating a larger site than WP, but certainly not with the unique challenges that this site presents.

Thought police?  Think what you will, but not every thought that crosses your mind must be expressed.  I have no interest in stifling debate or being a preschool teacher, only in allowing people with social disabilities the space to interact with others without being bullied for entertainment.  Most of you have accounts over there.  Do you really see us doing anything other than this?  Do you think any action taken so far has been petty or personal?  (Leejosepho handled the iamnotaprettybirdie situation single handedly, leading to the current staffing)

If you have no interest in stifling debate, then why are you locking so many threads?

It seems to me that every time a debate becomes interesting over there, you lock it saying that the debate has run its course.

Are there some personal attacks that have been deleted from these locked threads?

Nothing has been deleted from a locked thread by anyone on the current staff.  Someone else who is no longer on the staff went on a deletion spree and none of us can even keep track of what happened there.

The threads I locked were not good debates, except the one on creating a straights-only forum which I locked down and reopened again after moving to PPR.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2011, 11:18:13 AM »
So what were the results of your search  :orly:

Negative.

You all seem very interested in my every move here.  If you aren't comfortable with my being here just say so, and I will respectfully withdraw.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Don't worry. Just post and be yourself. I for one am interested in what you have to say. Admittedly it's because of the hype but nevertheless...

What hype is that?