Author Topic: Post something BRAVE that happened today or on this date  (Read 1710 times)

TheoK

P7PSP

Re: Post something BRAVE that happened today or on this date
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »
Galileo Galilei was born in 15 Feb. 1564 in Pisa Italy.  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:50:26 AM »
Galileo was truly  :viking:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »
16th February 1923

Fidel Castro  sworn in as prime minister. He had won this seat by leading a guerrilla campaign that resulted in the exile of Fulgencio Batista. A couple of years after Castro became leader of Cuba, the United States withdrew all diplomatic personnel. Castro was advocating strong Anti-American beliefs.
blah blah blah

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
It's my ex husbands old best friends birthday who had a little crush on me and blurted out one day that he was infatuated with my neck  :-\

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »
It's my ex husbands old best friends birthday who had a little crush on me and blurted out one day that he was infatuated with my neck  :-\

Your neck? Methinks I'd start infatuating elsewhere first! :eyebrows:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »

Your neck? Methinks I'd start infatuating elsewhere first! :eyebrows:

Mmm, not sure if I dare to ask where... :eyelash:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:16 PM »
The U.S.S. Triton began the first circumnavigation of the globe under water. 1960
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:04:45 PM »
Today I went to the pub and had a coke! :arrr:

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 07:10:18 PM »
Today I went to the pub and had a coke! :arrr:

I like it when you go to the pub. I hope you did some cool people watching...I love people watching.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
Yeah I did a bit, when I wasn't being distracted by the football or trying to work out what people were laughing at :laugh:

I think pubs are a good place to go as they're so close. I mean there's a pub everywhere. Ours is just round the corner so easily within walking distance without having to worry about getting beaten up in the dark if you walk through some dodgy area :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
I mean if people go out with friends anywhere else it's usually far away, and I hate public transport

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
Yeah I did a bit, when I wasn't being distracted by the football or trying to work out what people were laughing at :laugh:

I think pubs are a good place to go as they're so close. I mean there's a pub everywhere. Ours is just round the corner so easily within walking distance without having to worry about getting beaten up in the dark if you walk through some dodgy area :P

:viking:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 10:07:34 PM »
Are we talking 'brave' on the initial date this thread was started...or can we post something brave that happened today...or for me yesterday now....

Uggh...confusion.

But, I technically 'stole' from my Chinese restaurant last night. But I believe they have been 'stealing' from me the last few times I've been there, plus the rude service is 'stealing' my custom ie; once I've put in an order I agree to pay, but you agree to not be rude and be glad I buy stuff from you.

Sooo....I go to pick my order up last night. I ask to check my crab before I purchase, because the last few times it has been really inconsistent ie; no noodles / half what a normal serve is / 2 scummy bits of chilli and no garlic etc etc.

Anyway, I check...noodles look like a scummy serve and I ask nicely for a discount and explain the quality has been inconsistent for quite a few weeks now. Person says that is not possible...after a rude discussion from that person, whilst I am being polite I then request perhaps they get the manager.

The manager was 100 times ruder!!!! I then said right, I won't take this, PLUS I want my money back from the last 3 times I have been here. He said that was not possible, they never refund (wtf) - I said well your waiters are always rude, you are lucky to have customers at all. For some reason he said he would be back in a minute. Somebody from the restaurant who was serving another customer had a question or something.

Well, this shows you how inattentive they are. Under the nose of the cashier, I thought 'fuck this', picked my order up and left without paying. I kind of feel bad, but seriously, if the cashier is so oblivious to what is happening and the care factor is zero, plus they are lucky I didn't ask for my money back the last 3 times at least.

Why is their stealing from me and giving me shit, inconsistent servings any different from me taking that order without paying?

P7PSP

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2011, 04:59:30 AM »
Are we talking 'brave' on the initial date this thread was started...or can we post something brave that happened today...or for me yesterday now....

Uggh...confusion.

But, I technically 'stole' from my Chinese restaurant last night. But I believe they have been 'stealing' from me the last few times I've been there, plus the rude service is 'stealing' my custom ie; once I've put in an order I agree to pay, but you agree to not be rude and be glad I buy stuff from you.

Sooo....I go to pick my order up last night. I ask to check my crab before I purchase, because the last few times it has been really inconsistent ie; no noodles / half what a normal serve is / 2 scummy bits of chilli and no garlic etc etc.

Anyway, I check...noodles look like a scummy serve and I ask nicely for a discount and explain the quality has been inconsistent for quite a few weeks now. Person says that is not possible...after a rude discussion from that person, whilst I am being polite I then request perhaps they get the manager.

The manager was 100 times ruder!!!! I then said right, I won't take this, PLUS I want my money back from the last 3 times I have been here. He said that was not possible, they never refund (wtf) - I said well your waiters are always rude, you are lucky to have customers at all. For some reason he said he would be back in a minute. Somebody from the restaurant who was serving another customer had a question or something.

Well, this shows you how inattentive they are. Under the nose of the cashier, I thought 'fuck this', picked my order up and left without paying. I kind of feel bad, but seriously, if the cashier is so oblivious to what is happening and the care factor is zero, plus they are lucky I didn't ask for my money back the last 3 times at least.

Why is their stealing from me and giving me shit, inconsistent servings any different from me taking that order without paying?
Come to Vallejo and eat at Kwongnan Eclair, the food there is always fresh and tasty.  :thumbup: