Educational

Author Topic: random thread, for all that you can't find an appropriate thread for.  (Read 25081 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: random thread, for all that you can't find an appropriate thread for.
« Reply #1050 on: September 12, 2021, 01:03:48 PM »

What's really funny is how people insist on having a meeting about every little thing. Endless discussions, new meetings, people brought in to make decisions, more meetings. That very fast letter is a better option.

The decision part of that seems key. While it makes sense certain circumstances require collaboration, some people don't seem to mind making unilateral decisions while others seem to generally seek input. Have never been in a position of managing others so tend to have patience with the latter because when decisions go wrong, am not the one at risk.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1051 on: September 13, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »

What's really funny is how people insist on having a meeting about every little thing. Endless discussions, new meetings, people brought in to make decisions, more meetings. That very fast letter is a better option.

The decision part of that seems key. While it makes sense certain circumstances require collaboration, some people don't seem to mind making unilateral decisions while others seem to generally seek input. Have never been in a position of managing others so tend to have patience with the latter because when decisions go wrong, am not the one at risk.

Nah, the decision part was just something I had experienced earlier that day. Someone was brought in to make a decision, not because he knew things others didn't or because he was more qualified, but because some of those present didn't understand the issue.

That particular meeting ended with me explaining the issue again, this time to the new arrival, and because the others still didn't understand the issue - the new arrival did and agreed with me - it was instead decided that we needed yet another meeting.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1052 on: September 13, 2021, 07:09:04 PM »

Nah, the decision part was just something I had experienced earlier that day. Someone was brought in to make a decision, not because he knew things others didn't or because he was more qualified, but because some of those present didn't understand the issue.

That particular meeting ended with me explaining the issue again, this time to the new arrival, and because the others still didn't understand the issue - the new arrival did and agreed with me - it was instead decided that we needed yet another meeting.
That's something which can be fixed with an email? :laugh:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1053 on: September 15, 2021, 02:12:20 PM »
Cub has a runny nose and cough. I just had to pick him up from the day home. Covid test tomorrow morning. Meanwhile we're in isolation.

Yay.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1054 on: September 15, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
There is about 40 Russian bots on here right now
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1055 on: September 17, 2021, 04:59:53 PM »

That's something which can be fixed with an email? :laugh:

There's no way a meeting or an email can fix this one. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1056 on: September 17, 2021, 05:01:20 PM »
There is about 40 Russian bots on here right now

Probably IP ranges we should block, then.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1057 on: September 17, 2021, 06:15:38 PM »
Damn it... and I wanted to practice my Russian

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1058 on: September 18, 2021, 03:52:46 PM »

I get a lot of email offers for sexy Russian young ladies of impecible breeding who are looking to meet me.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #1059 on: September 18, 2021, 09:18:37 PM »

I get a lot of email offers for sexy Russian young ladies of impecible breeding who are looking to meet me.

Да ... но в последний раз, когда русские встречались с королевской семьей, они свергли ее во время большевистской революции.
Yes ... but the last time the Russians met the royal family, they overthrew it during the Bolshevik revolution.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1060 on: September 19, 2021, 03:04:52 PM »

Got one that said science proves how young Russian ladies prefer middle-aged men.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #1061 on: March 24, 2022, 05:18:55 PM »
 :zoinks:

:gopher:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1062 on: March 24, 2022, 06:46:48 PM »
You'll have to smuggle them out now.  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1063 on: March 27, 2022, 04:06:00 AM »

Such might have appealed to me in my youth, except for the Russian part.
Might have preferred Dutch girls. Oh, wait, I married one. Never mind.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1064 on: March 27, 2022, 11:09:40 AM »
I nearly married a Russian girl when I was young.  It was about a year before the Communist regime ended and she was studying here and was scared to go back.  I told her I'd marry her so she could stay.  She ended up leaving becaue she was worried about what they'd do to her family in retribution if she didn't return.

I still remember her smile, her laugh, and her peculiarly Russian hand knitted underwear.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?