Educational

Author Topic: Optional PE  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Optional PE
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
And I hated the running too. We did 800m and 1500m

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
I may have had it in my Junior year too. I can't remeber, I was on lots of acid. :baked:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
Why don't they want to take PE?

I think it's because of doing it with boys as well as girls. Which isn't a very good reason imo though. Also getting changed in front of people maybe. I understand that, seems fair

Yes, that's what I think, too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:30 AM »
I failed PE class in Year 9 because I refused to play volleyball.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »
When I was in grade school in Nebraska, I tried to opt out of Square Dancing that we did for PE, I felt it was degrading. That didn't get too far.  :-\

We had square dancing AND ballroom dancing, but in music class, not gym (we Massholes called it gym, not PE).
Oh my god I HATED that class, and hated the teacher. As for gym, well, thank god for bad knees,
I was excused all through high school! It was worth a little bit of pain!   :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 03:59:34 AM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 04:20:41 AM »
Once every single person in my class got an A except me. And my teach even TOLD ME that ! :laugh:

eris

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 04:35:29 AM »
I remember square dancing, and other dancing in 3d grade. what, is that like 8 ? why do 8 year olds need to dance ? I remember the boy and I didnt want to hold hands so we grabbed each other by the sleeve.

boys were really gross when I was 8  :M

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 05:30:39 AM »
I had PE till I was 18. From class two in secondary school, PE was in different classes for boys and girls.
Seemed it was done because kids found it more pleasant that way.

My biggest problem with PE was the lack of respect some teachers had. Sucking at PE is humiliating enough, no need to get that in your face from a teacher again and again. Had one very good PE teacher. I did enjoy it a lot more the years I had him.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 06:35:54 AM »
In Florida PE was mandatory and every day till 10th grade then you only needed two more half year courses.  I had to suffer though square dancing in seventh and eight grade. Wrestling too which really sucked as I have an aversion to being touched. They also had yearly first aid classes during PE which I felt should be mandatory everywhere
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 06:51:45 AM »
LOL. I remember compulsory dancing in year 9. The brave ones or the ones with girlfriends chose their partners and the rest were matched up. Through pure luck, seeing the teacher coming around matching us and racing away from him I grabbed Tracey and said "You want to dance tracey?" She said yes and I was from that moment on, not only did I have a dance partner but I was the envy of every hotblooded year nine boy.
She apparently hated being matched up too and being the best looking girl in year nine, no boys had the guts to ask her to dance.
When guys asked me on the sly what my secret was I replied "I asked her" :lol:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
LOL. I remember compulsory dancing in year 9. The brave ones or the ones with girlfriends chose their partners and the rest were matched up. Through pure luck, seeing the teacher coming around matching us and racing away from him I grabbed Tracey and said "You want to dance tracey?" She said yes and I was from that moment on, not only did I have a dance partner but I was the envy of every hotblooded year nine boy.
She apparently hated being matched up too and being the best looking girl in year nine, no boys had the guts to ask her to dance.

And the pattern was set for a lifetime of  :viking:  risk-taking!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »
Smart guy.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
It's funny, I just looked at the WP thread and they're all SERIOUS BUSINESS over it, but here at I2, we're rather relaxed about it, and talking more about personal experiences about PE.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

P7PSP

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 03:33:06 AM »
In Florida PE was mandatory and every day till 10th grade then you only needed two more half year courses.  I had to suffer though square dancing in seventh and eight grade. Wrestling too which really sucked as I have an aversion to being touched. They also had yearly first aid classes during PE which I felt should be mandatory everywhere
I liked learning the basics of Greco Roman style, it blended well with the Judo/Ju Jitsu classes I took on base. Throwing, hitting and such was great fun. One time in the base gym waiting for the Judo class to start (@ Naval Weapons Station, Concord CA) a Marine Corporal was giving the PFCs training on proper use of a night stick to fuck up anti war rioters in a manner to make it difficult for tv cameras to catch the action. He was using footage of the Chicago PD @ the 1968 Democratic Convention as examples of what not to do. No to overhead strikes, yes to thrusts to the abdomen etc.  :thumbup:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 04:00:12 AM »
we had to do country dancing in the junior school.  i always used to stand at the back of the line as there were more girls than boys so when it came to 'partnering' up with someone the girls at the end had to partner each other.  back then i would rather hold a girls hand than a yukky boy.  not now though.

in our senior school PE was twice a week - an hour and a half each lesson.  but you could choose - play netball,  use indoor gym or go 'cross country running'    obviously cross country running consisted of half the pupils standing down the lanes puffing away on cigarettes   -   but we arrived back all out of breath
blah blah blah