Educational

Author Topic: Elton John's baby  (Read 696 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Elton John's baby
« on: January 18, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »
Apparently he and his husband (are they married?) had a kid recently by a surrogate mother

A lot of people seem really against this, but I don;t understand why

I've read comments about how they're not really the parents and how terrible it is etc etc - would you ever say that to someone who has been adopted though? Or to someone who had adopted children? That they're not really the parents  ::)  Being a sperm/egg donor does not a parent make

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Elton John's baby
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:16:49 AM »
How old is Elton John and his husband? How old will they both be when the kid is ...15?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
How old is Elton John and his husband? How old will they both be when the kid is ...15?

Elton is 63, David 48.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 01:08:44 PM »

Oh I agree that the age is a poroblem. I don't think people should be hvaing kids in their 60s

Scrapheap

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »

Oh I agree that the age is a poroblem. I don't think people should be hvaing kids in their 60s

James Doohan was the worst violator of this, he had his last daughter when he was 80!!! :yikes:

He died 5 years later. That wasn't fair to that poor girl.  >:(

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »
I heard that Elton John had some doberman dogs and when he got fed up of them barking he took them to an eastern european country and had their voice boxes removed.

Hope the baby doesnt snore much.
blah blah blah

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »
...or fart  :o
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
...or fart  :o

or laugh when he sings a lullaby
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:14 AM »
I heard that Elton John had some doberman dogs and when he got fed up of them barking he took them to an eastern european country and had their voice boxes removed.

Hope the baby doesnt snore much.

:o

Yes, good point.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 10:31:26 AM »
Although he has lots more money than I, adopting or having a child later in life may have these problems:  lack of siblings, mortality of parents at the child's young age, less patience by the parents, older philosophy of child raising, more possibility of genetic problems for the child, childs vs parents financial requirements.  

Plus sides may be:  more patience by the parents, usually a deliberate choice so the child is more treasured, parents are retired so they can spend more time with the child.  

Given a possibility in going back in time with other things falling into place, the Princess Royal would have been born to us when we were younger.  But, you play the hand that life gives you and hope for the best.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:31 AM »
Although he has lots more money than I, adopting or having a child later in life may have these problems:  lack of siblings, mortality of parents at the child's young age, less patience by the parents, older philosophy of child raising, more possibility of genetic problems for the child, childs vs parents financial requirements.  

Plus sides may be:  more patience by the parents, usually a deliberate choice so the child is more treasured, parents are retired so they can spend more time with the child.  

Given a possibility in going back in time with other things falling into place, the Princess Royal would have been born to us when we were younger.  But, you play the hand that life gives you and hope for the best.

That's true that we all have to play the hands that we are dealt but waiting until 63 to have a newborn does make it more likely that the baby will have to grow up without you.  I don't know which one or both of the dads donated genetic material for this baby, but the surrogate mother was probably a lot younger than either of them.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 10:43:43 AM »

That's true that we all have to play the hands that we are dealt but waiting until 63 to have a newborn does make it more likely that the baby will have to grow up without you.  I don't know which one or both of the dads donated genetic material for this baby, but the surrogate mother was probably a lot younger than either of them.

Agreed.  There was a show on a cable channel that originated in England about older mothers.  The only one that I felt (emotionally on my part) "deserved" to be selfish and have a child was one who had given of herself to take care of her parents.  Intellectually I still had reservations, but emotionally I was, you go girl.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
They both donated for it

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 05:00:34 AM »
They both donated for it

Yes, according to the interview I read in Us,  they don't know which of them is actually the father, and they say
that unless Zachary wants a DNA test at some point, they won't bother to find out; they simply consider him theirs.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"