Author Topic: I feel very bitter.  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I feel very bitter.
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2011, 06:26:18 AM »
I have crooked teeth but not as bad as Pentagram's. I'm also not as ugly as him in general

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »
The reason my upper front teeth are bent is that I sucked on a pacifier until I was 11 years old. That's not a typo. I said eleven years old.

That's how much my parents fucking cared. ::)

Maybe they cared very much about you, but thought it gave you too much comfort to take it away from you.  My daughter stopped sucking her thumb when she was four, but her front teeth stick out anyway, so your teeth might still stick out even if they had taken away your pacifier much earlier than they did.  I would happily get braces for her because I think fixing her teeth would help her speech articulation, but she doesn't want to get braces because she likes her teeth exactly the way they are and I think getting braces would require a certain amount of cooperation from her.

I think you're right about that. When I was getting braces many years ago, at age 11, the orthodontist emphasized to me that I needed to follow his advice
or the treatment wouldn't work. He warned me to stay away from gum and candy for the entire two years of treatment, to brush with extra care,
to wear my headgear as instructed, and so on. Without my participation, the treatment would have been a waste of time.   :chin:
Also, there is no time limit to getting braces for your daughter, Callaway. My parents could not afford braces for me so I had to wait until I was working and could pay for them myself. That was when I was 25.

Plus as cbc said, you have to be really vigilant in looking after your teeth when there are braces on them and a lot of kids aren't, they kind of don't understand the responsibility and the consequences of not looking after their teeth. So waiting until they are older can be a good thing.

I had major jaw surgery when I had my braces and the whole lot cost a large amount of money but in the end I am glad I did it. Having a nice smile gave me a lot more confidence. :)

I thought that it was easier for her teeth to be fixed while she's still young, but thanks for the information, both of you.

I never had braces myself, so I didn't know.  She has more issues besides just her front teeth protruding.  She also has a cuspid tooth growing outside her lateral incisor as opposed to growing in line with it properly.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2011, 06:32:45 AM »
I have crooked teeth but not as bad as Pentagram's. I'm also not as ugly as him in general

What's wrong with the right side of your mouth in this picture?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2011, 06:33:51 AM »
I'm holding somethiign between my teeth. there's nothing wrong with my mouth there. I can't remember what it was though

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2011, 06:34:25 AM »
The reason my upper front teeth are bent is that I sucked on a pacifier until I was 11 years old. That's not a typo. I said eleven years old.

Maybe they cared very much about you, but thought it gave you too much comfort to take it away from you.  My daughter stopped sucking her thumb when she was four, but her front teeth stick out anyway, so your teeth might still stick out even if they had taken away your pacifier much earlier than they did.  I would happily get braces for her because I think fixing her teeth would help her speech articulation, but she doesn't want to get braces because she likes her teeth exactly the way they are and I think getting braces would require a certain amount of cooperation from her.

I think you're right about that. When I was getting braces many years ago, at age 11, the orthodontist emphasized to me that I needed to follow his advice
or the treatment wouldn't work. He warned me to stay away from gum and candy for the entire two years of treatment, to brush with extra care,
to wear my headgear as instructed, and so on. Without my participation, the treatment would have been a waste of time.   :chin:
Also, there is no time limit to getting braces for your daughter, Callaway. My parents could not afford braces for me so I had to wait until I was working and could pay for them myself. That was when I was 25.

Plus as cbc said, you have to be really vigilant in looking after your teeth when there are braces on them and a lot of kids aren't, they kind of don't understand the responsibility and the consequences of not looking after their teeth. So waiting until they are older can be a good thing.

I had major jaw surgery when I had my braces and the whole lot cost a large amount of money but in the end I am glad I did it. Having a nice smile gave me a lot more confidence. :)

I thought that it was easier for her teeth to be fixed while she's still young, but thanks for the information, both of you.

I never had braces myself, so I didn't know.  She has more issues besides just her front teeth protruding.  She also has a cuspid tooth growing outside her lateral incisor as opposed to growing in line with it properly.

My teeth didn't look too bad when I was young; the issue was that my poor alignment would cause damage to the teeth themselves over time.
If your daughter's dentist thinks her teeth are crooked enough to need correction for other than cosmetic reasons, maybe you and your husband
could persuade her to have braces...and then again, maybe you couldn't.   :chin:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2011, 06:35:08 AM »
I had braces for 4 years

Now my teeth are perfect, like the rest of me.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2011, 06:35:46 AM »
I had to have some teeth taken out when I was younger. I think I still have too many though

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2011, 06:36:22 AM »
I had braces for 4 years

Now my teeth are perfect, like the rest of me.

You turned out great.  :viking:

People forget.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2011, 06:40:42 AM »

My teeth didn't look too bad when I was young; the issue was that my poor alignment would cause damage to the teeth themselves over time.
If your daughter's dentist thinks her teeth are crooked enough to need correction for other than cosmetic reasons, maybe you and your husband
could persuade her to have braces...and then again, maybe you couldn't.   :chin:

I have tried.  She keeps saying that she loves herself exactly the way she is.

I love her self-confidence but I think when she's older, she will wish she had taken care of it now.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2011, 06:47:06 AM »

I have tried.  She keeps saying that she loves herself exactly the way she is.

I love her self-confidence but I think when she's older, she will wish she had taken care of it now.

Well, as renaeden points out, some people have orthodonture in their adult years.
Maybe at some point in her adult life your daughter will be motivated to do that, if she needs to.  :thumbup:

People forget.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2011, 06:49:05 AM »
People can fix these things in adulthood if they're concerned about looking ugly

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:04 AM »
I don't know that I would have been mature enough (in my mind) to have braces when I was a kid. Plus I had to have the surgery along with braces and I don't know how I would have coped when younger. I had my jaw mostly wired shut for three weeks and couldn't chew anything, had to have everything through a straw. Bit of a sensory nightmare. I chose it to happen, though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

DukeNukem

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

You're not handsome, you're just androgynous, stupid Brit-shit. :wanker:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2011, 10:02:28 AM »
Hey I never said I was handsome, I said I wasn't as ugly as you (which, let's face it, doesn't take a lot)

So........

logically, we can conclude that all this talk of me being handsome originated in YOUR mind :zoinks:

Do you want me to be your hot british boyfriend, Pentygwam?  :2thumbsup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
btw the answer (as with callaway) is no, sorry - you're not my type