Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15649 times)

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Been too busy to waste time argueing with a brick wall.  Sorry.

But to comment on last posting here....

"Fifteen year old girl with vested interest in gun violence repeats NRA dogma to crowd of planks"

40000 gun casualties a year yet to to be explained away.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Been too busy to waste time argueing with a brick wall.  Sorry.
The brick wall idiom is one that goes two ways, and speaks as much for the argumentative nature of one who argues with the wall, as it does about the inflexibility of the wall. If arguing with a brick wall entails making unsubstantiated claims, condemning logic in favor of emotion, presenting inaccurate supporting reference, ignoring when those things are pointed out, not answering the questions one presents to others, all the while claiming one doesn't actually care, then yes, it's a questionable course of action. You've taken four approaches to this discussion, trolling, humble personal opinion, factual logic, and emotion. The successful one was the personal opinion, no one even responded to it. There's plenty of people who believe guns are dangerous and largely unnecessary, who also have no interest in supporting legislation to control the lives of other law abiding citizens.

Once again the number presented is inflated, so thus incorrect according to current reliable sources of fact. No one has tried to explain it away.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 07:30:25 AM by Jack »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
This was my response to this thread five years ago.

I don't really care about the laws in other countries.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
I don't care either, and I just want to say that loudly so everyone knows.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Once again the number presented is inflated, so thus incorrect according to current reliable sources of fact. No one has tried to explain it away.

I said "casualties" Not "deaths".  So 40K a year is about average isn't it?  With approx 12K deaths.

This website keeps a running total of verified incidents for the year.  As of today (4th June) it's up to 5569 deaths from 22000 incidents including 238 children.   Or are these numbers inflated?

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.

I said "casualties" Not "deaths".  So 40K a year is about average isn't it?  With approx 12K deaths.

This website keeps a running total of verified incidents for the year.  As of today (4th June) it's up to 5569 deaths from 22000 incidents including 238 children.   Or are these numbers inflated?

Given that this is a site with an ideological axe to grind, I'd say they're probably cooking the numbers somehow. First of all, I notice how they don't separate out suicides.

Now on this page, I notice that they have 2 articles, one talking about how gun sales in California continue to grow and the one below it talks about California's falling homicide rates.  Those 2 articles together disprove your "theory"

http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/analysis-opinion

I also like the article about how most of the shootings in Tampa Florida are done with stolen guns.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

And you shouldn't, which is why you also shouldn't care what others may think about the laws in yours.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

Given that this is a site with an ideological axe to grind, I'd say they're probably cooking the numbers somehow. First of all, I notice how they don't separate out suicides.

Now on this page, I notice that they have 2 articles, one talking about how gun sales in California continue to grow and the one below it talks about California's falling homicide rates.  Those 2 articles together disprove your "theory"

I also like the article about how most of the shootings in Tampa Florida are done with stolen guns.

So whenever someone produces a site like this, they have an axe to grind?

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore

Jsut deny the numbers again rather than explaining them.  Same old..

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

And you shouldn't, which is why you also shouldn't care what others may think about the laws in yours.
Oh, I don't, which is why this is the first time ever caring to discuss it. Jack cares about talking to the new member.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot

Oh, I don't, which is why this is the first time ever caring to discuss it. Jack cares about talking to the new member.

Fair enough and a good point. :)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Average based on what? Assumed that meant deaths, and wondering why the actual numbers aren't good enough to build an argument. It's not like that source wasn't already handed out, so have no clue where 12k deaths is coming from; it's well more than double that, even firearm suicide is over 20k so have no clue what's being said. Haven't taken the time to look up non-death related injuries; have you? Have tried to be helpful in this discussion, by demonstrating how the US is an excellent example of effective gun control implementation, providing US government sources for homicide, suicide, accidents, and even legitimate dead baby data. Have already basically proven your point for you that gun control works, but will leave it to you to demonstrate how gun bans are effective.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:55:53 PM by Jack »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.

Jsut deny the numbers again rather than explaining them.  Same old..

I did explain the numbers. First of all, they failed to separate out suicides. This shows the dishonesty in their numbers.

Second of all, their California numbers disprove your point. Gun sales have gone up while gun violence has gone down.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Who?

HU!

*groan*

I think it was you who (I mean hu who) pointed out that this could easily turn into an Abbott And Costello routine without even trying.
  :zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.