Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 16141 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
You're certainly sticking to your guns.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Switzerland has guns and has one of the lowest crime rates in Europe right?

It does have a slightly higher murder/suicide by gun rate than the rest of Europe.  There's a lot of "Divorce by Kalashnikov" followed by a news report that ends "and then he turned the gun on himself".  But compared to the USA it is still ver very low.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
I should point out here that I do like America.  The team I work with consists of 9 Americans (from PA and OH mostly.  One from Philly) and me.  The token Brit.  The butt of most of the jokes.  I've spent time in the US and can report that I was never shot at.  Although I was pickpocketted on the subway under Madison Square Gardens. 

America is a good place to be.  It would just be better without all the small arms fire in my most humble opinion.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
So it is your opinion that these areas have high murder rates BECAUSE they have restrictive gun laws? 

No, I never said that. Correlation doesn't equal causation. Or are you too retarded to understand that??

I point that out to show how ineffective gun restrictions are in reducing gun violence rates.

BTW, I's STILL waiting for you to provide evidence that gun restrictions reduce gun violence rates.

When Chicago (and other places) brought in gun controls did the murder rate go up or down?  It is the highest violence areas with the gun controls becaue they were the places that had the political will to overcome the NRA.  You have to think abotu it without putting the cart before the horse.

Evidence that gun control works?  Every other western civilisation that has gun control.  Every murder report from every western country including the USA. 

I've just spent a few evenings pulling figures for gun nuts on another forum and the conclusion I have come to is that they are too ignorant to change.  I'm not wasting the time again.

If you believe unfettered access to guns makes your kids junior school a safer place to be then thats fine with me.  My kids are safe. 

So lets all place bets where the next high school massacre will be.  According to the NRA it could be anywhere and most opther countries are just as bad..  But I think I'll bet...  ummmm.....  America.  Yes America.  We'll only have to wait a few days to see if I'm right. 

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Evidence that gun control works?  Every other western civilisation that has gun control.
Pappy's request isn't out of line. Any reliably sourced graph from any western civilization which has enacted strict gun control, displaying a statistical decrease in homicide, would suffice to prove your point.

I've just spent a few evenings pulling figures for gun nuts on another forum and the conclusion I have come to is that they are too ignorant to change.  I'm not wasting the time again.
Then it would appear you're simply trolling this thread for a reaction.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
You're certainly sticking to your guns.

I really love troll threads, this one is proving more entertaining than usual.  :green:

My dick is so big it has stock options.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
Evidence that gun control works?  Every other western civilisation that has gun control.
Pappy's request isn't out of line. Any reliably sourced graph from any western civilization which has enacted strict gun control, displaying a statistical decrease in homicide, would suffice to prove your point.

Then it would appear you're simply trolling this thread for a reaction.

This thread's got a title accusing Brits of faggoty gun laws, he is a Brit and posts here, and he is the one doing the trolling?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Granted he's new and may not realize this thread is very old, or that it's a troll thread, inspired by irritation at another troll thread, this is true. Though his posts were also provocative and claim staking, either he wishes genuine debate or he doesn't.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
I'm pretty sure he got most of that. I didn't find his comments all that provocative.

I can see why they would be for an American, though. :trollface:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Meant provocative as inviting others to provide proof contrary to his claim. Inspiring interest, and even irritation as it's a hot button topic.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
TBH, most claims made by the pro-NRA people are provocative.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Pro-NRA usually seems to come from a defensive standpoint, rather than instigation of the argument. This thread as stand alone on its own is a bad example of that viewpoint, though it still was a defensive reaction.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Pro-NRA usually seems to come from a defensive standpoint, rather than instigation of the argument. This thread as stand alone on its own is a bad example of that viewpoint, though it still was a defensive reaction.

Granted I did some into this thread on the back of the same arguement held elsewhere.  So yeah.  Maybe I was a bit in your face.

But then again, my child is more likely to be killed in an accident involving furniture than by a gun, so forgive my smugness.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
When Chicago (and other places) brought in gun controls did the murder rate go up or down?  It is the highest violence areas with the gun controls becaue they were the places that had the political will to overcome the NRA.  You have to think abotu it without putting the cart before the horse.

There was no change, proving the gun control to be ineffective.

Evidence that gun control works?  Every other western civilisation that has gun control.  Every murder report from every western country including the USA.

Comparisons between Europe and America are always an apples to oranges comparison. Europe doesn't have the social ills (the true cause of violence here) that America has to deal with, not to mention spineless politicians who won't address root causes. 

In other words, you don't have the goods.

If you believe unfettered access to guns makes your kids junior school a safer place to be then thats fine with me.  My kids are safe.

1) I never claimed I believe in zero restrictions. Mentally ill and felons shouldn't have them of course.

2) The high school I went to had an indoor shooting range under the theater where kids used to bring their guns to school for target practice. It was closed down due to lead contamination, not due to school shootings. Those didn't start happening until the mid 90's. 

So lets all place bets where the next high school massacre will be.  According to the NRA it could be anywhere and most opther countries are just as bad..  But I think I'll bet...  ummmm.....  America.  Yes America.  We'll only have to wait a few days to see if I'm right.

I'm betting the next major massacre will occur in France or Belgium, by Islamic terrorists, despite their strict gun control.  :hahaha:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Granted I did some into this thread on the back of the same arguement held elsewhere.  So yeah.  Maybe I was a bit in your face.

But then again, my child is more likely to be killed in an accident involving furniture than by a gun, so forgive my smugness.

It's true people often see a gun as a more awful way to die or be killed. To my knowledge, that reliably sourced chart or graph displaying a statistical decrease in homicide, post gun reform, doesn't exist. Have tried to find it multiple times. If you do find one, post it.