Author Topic: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?  (Read 11702 times)

TheoK

Re: Why do you americans have such faggoty gun laws?
« Reply #285 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
 :plus:

TheoK

« Reply #286 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »
One detail, though: Nazi Germany had a more liberal gun law for "reliable" German citizens than any European country has 70 years later.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #287 on: April 07, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »

I hate it when an important post ends up on the bottom of the past page.

Everyone needs to see this!

Are you American?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

eris

« Reply #288 on: April 07, 2011, 06:40:34 PM »
I am American. Born and raised in West Virginia but I live in Pennsylvania now. I leaned the importance of gun ownership when I was  kid, and also the responsibility. I dont think anyone wants kids to accidentally get shot. Accidents and what if's should not stop people from protecting themselves. What people dont realize is, what would happen if your country was invaded ? What would happen if the economy collapsed, or civil war breaks out, or  martial law takes over ? People need to be able to protect themselves, especially FROM the government.

this is just my opinion

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #289 on: April 07, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
I am American. Born and raised in West Virginia but I live in Pennsylvania now. I leaned the importance of gun ownership when I was  kid, and also the responsibility. I dont think anyone wants kids to accidentally get shot. Accidents and what if's should not stop people from protecting themselves. What people dont realize is, what would happen if your country was invaded ? What would happen if the economy collapsed, or civil war breaks out, or  martial law takes over ? People need to be able to protect themselves, especially FROM the government.

this is just my opinion
gotta agree with that

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2011, 07:04:55 PM »

this is just my opinion

I honestly cannot form an opinion on this.
I can see your point eris , but on the otherhand .... I just *hate* guns , I see them almost as the root of all evil , I can't see them in a positive light at all.

Black and white thinking is a bitch sometimes.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

eris

« Reply #291 on: April 07, 2011, 07:09:02 PM »
but the "bad" guys will have guns no matter what the laws are, and if the laws say the people cannot have guns then they are just sitting ducks.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »

this is just my opinion

Your opinion is similar to some of mine.

My twelve year old can shoot a twenty two caliber handgun and a twenty two caliber rifle. I have not tried him with any larger calibers, yet, but there is plenty of time for learning about more powerful weaponry.

We live in different times, these days.

When I was twelve, I was allowed to carry a shotgun into the wild and hunt with my cousins of my own age.  We already had enough experience to bring home rabbits or quail to cook for ourselves on a fire. Oddly, getting my son ready to make a fire on his own (on his own is not yet completely accomplished and still being managed, BTW) was a great challenge, as was pushing the lawn mower for his first time.

We make progress as we can.

Hi, I am 'Dawg.  :laugh:

I am glad to "meet" another effective American mind.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #293 on: April 07, 2011, 07:13:33 PM »
Before I came to this site, I assumed gun ownership for all was clearly a bad idea. Everywhere.

Having listened to some of the Americans, I'm not sure if gun ownership in America is good or bad. Obviously, allowing everyone in Britain to own guns would be insane, but that doesn't mean that we should try and impose our view on America, and other places.

America seems to be totally different type of society, and in my opinion, far more of an "every man for himself" type of society. Maybe banning guns in Ammerica would be great for them. Maybe it wouldn't. I just don't know.

The only thing that I know for sure is, that our own gun laws should remain.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: April 07, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
but the "bad" guys will have guns no matter what the laws are, and if the laws say the people cannot have guns then they are just sitting ducks.

That is the one point that makes me wonder if banning guns in America really is sensible. Your "bad guys" do have guns.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #295 on: April 07, 2011, 07:15:34 PM »

Seems obvious.

Do not take any of this crap from anyone.

You are well within your rights to protect yourself from all threats, foreign and domestic, so says our own constitution  (paraphrasing, not quoting, mind you).

eris

« Reply #296 on: April 07, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »
There is also the fact that illegal guns can easily be brought in across the Mexican border, making any kind of "law" banning guns leave only the naive and innocent vulnerable.  

Hi, I am 'Dawg.  :laugh:

I am glad to "meet" another effective American mind.

:thumbup:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:20:46 PM by eris »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #297 on: April 07, 2011, 07:22:12 PM »
The only thing that I know for sure is, that our own gun laws should remain.

This is possibly the very first sensible thing you have ever posted.

I have to agree regarding our own gun laws.

They  (the laws regarding ownership, etc) should remain or better yet, be set back to The Second Amendment of our own constitution, thus removing all later restrictions.

I applaud the possibility of dualism in your thinking, but ask you to think this through and maybe tell us why one set of FREEDOM laws is good for one set of people and NOT good for all people.

I am not convinced that I have ever met a person that does not have a right to defend his/her own life and further his/her own freedom.

I have also met quite a few of you "islanders" and I may have underlying hate for what this country had to get past to make ourselves free from your style of monarchy, slavery, etc. but once you accept our ways you are welcome to be as American as the rest of us. I insist that the average citizen of Britannia at large has as much right to defend him/herself as any other beating heart on the planet.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:31:37 PM by DirtDawg »

Osensitive1

« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »
Didn't really think she was saying one law is good for one and bad for another, but has realized banning just might not work here.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »
Didn't really think she was saying one law is good for one and bad for another, but has realized banning just might not work here.

Banning personal weaponry never works anywhere.

Do you think for an instant that there are not criminal elements within the borders of literally EVERY  "gun banned"  society who do not keep guns for their own interests?

Seriously?

Of course not. There are no criminal elements who think that they should either.