Educational

Author Topic: Should fat people have to buy two seats on planes/buses etc?  (Read 3621 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Should fat people have to buy two seats on planes/buses etc?
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2011, 08:04:06 PM »
:2thumbsup:

Easy for you lot in the UK to stay thin, with your inedible food...beans on toast with a broiled tomato...
mushrooms on toast with a broiled tomato..."bubble and squeak"...  :zoinks:

I would never eat any of that stuff, and add haggis and black pudding to the list as well :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck: :zombiefuck:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »
I saw in the news today they've started seeling bras in size G

and the reason they gave was "dietary changes and changes in exercise" :laugh:

Wait, they've started selling size G bras in the UK? You mean there are big people there too?! Impossible!   :toporly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:34 PM »
Shit you got me there :laugh:

:plus:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2011, 09:56:02 PM »

Wait, they've started selling size G bras in the UK? You mean there are big people there too?! Impossible!   :toporly:

Are you serious? :laugh: You should see the size of some of the Scots lasses. As we say "she's built like a brick shit-house." In Scotland you can buy a fried Mars bar supper. That is a deep fried Mars bar with chips. :zombiefuck: You can get the chip shop to deep fry any chocotate bar.

Osensitive1

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »
fried Mars bar
Looked that up when you mentioned it before. Looks as gross as it sounds.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »

Are you serious? :laugh: You should see the size of some of the Scots lasses. As we say "she's built like a brick shit-house." In Scotland you can buy a fried Mars bar supper. That is a deep fried Mars bar with chips. :zombiefuck: You can get the chip shop to deep fry any chocotate bar.

I Googled fried Mars bars, intending to post a picture, and I can't. I just can't...blecchhh!   :sick:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2011, 10:50:58 PM »
Ihad one once. It was split between three people. Its actually tasty for the first tiny bite. Much more and Id puke though. Some people do eat them though. YUK

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 10:58:24 PM »
Fried chocolate just doesn't sound appealing to me either
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Scrapheap

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 11:14:03 PM »
I've been curious to try deep fried Coca-Cola.  8)

P7PSP

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »

I Googled fried Mars bars, intending to post a picture, and I can't. I just can't...blecchhh!   :sick:
:indeed: the pic I saw looked kind of like a turd.  :zombiefuck:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »
I have only sat next to a horrendously fat person once on a plane and it was awful, but despite the amount of times I've travelled, I only recall this one time.

Plus, I think he had the attitude of 'these seats are so damn small it's alright to sprawl my arms and position my body in such a way I squash that woman next to me'. 

My pet gripe now is when people try and tell me they have the window seat, when I always book it ahead. I've had several people argue the seating arrangement with me, the 'oh, I was here first, so I can pick any seat I want in this row' attitude.

I had one really argumentative woman once, totally holding everyone up because not only was she in MY window seat, she was in Seat A when she should have been on the other side of the plane in that particular row. She starts raving, unprovoked that I can just swap with her seat on the other side, she aint moving. We are talking over nearly 5 minutes of arguing and even the people behind her and in front of her were telling her she had the seat wrong and she had to move...so, patience ran out and I zapped her with,

"Listen, this is an aeroplane, not a cinema, your ticket has a number for a reason, not least of which, if the plane crashes, they will be looking for your body in the correct area. Now, it would be fantastic for you and I if you move out of my seat before someone calls the hostess and you are kicked off the plane before take off as a risk of aggressive behaviour."

She moved.

P7PSP

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2011, 05:13:11 AM »
I have only sat next to a horrendously fat person once on a plane and it was awful, but despite the amount of times I've travelled, I only recall this one time.

Plus, I think he had the attitude of 'these seats are so damn small it's alright to sprawl my arms and position my body in such a way I squash that woman next to me'. 

My pet gripe now is when people try and tell me they have the window seat, when I always book it ahead. I've had several people argue the seating arrangement with me, the 'oh, I was here first, so I can pick any seat I want in this row' attitude.

I had one really argumentative woman once, totally holding everyone up because not only was she in MY window seat, she was in Seat A when she should have been on the other side of the plane in that particular row. She starts raving, unprovoked that I can just swap with her seat on the other side, she aint moving. We are talking over nearly 5 minutes of arguing and even the people behind her and in front of her were telling her she had the seat wrong and she had to move...so, patience ran out and I zapped her with,

"Listen, this is an aeroplane, not a cinema, your ticket has a number for a reason, not least of which, if the plane crashes, they will be looking for your body in the correct area. Now, it would be fantastic for you and I if you move out of my seat before someone calls the hostess and you are kicked off the plane before take off as a risk of aggressive behaviour."

She moved.

I would not let the fucks get away with that either.  :plus:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
Awesome, Eclair.

I hate it when I get the middle seat and both people either side hog the arm rests. When that happened to me, I ended up going and sitting in the toilet for a bit of room around me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae