Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16586 times)

Scrapheap

Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2012, 12:26:09 AM »
Have you ever played a musical instrument?  If so, have you played in a band?   :rock:

No I have not.

Not even the skin flute??  :orly:

P7PSP

« Reply #286 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »
Nope. No skin flute or bonophone.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #287 on: January 03, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
Or recorder? Don't know if you would call them that in America.

Also, have you been in any competitions to do with your guns/shooting?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

P7PSP

« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »
Recorders are still recorders in the USA. I went to a recorder quarter quartet chamber concert in the basement of the Ogden library about 20 years ago. Nice sounding instrument. The leader of the quartet explained that recorders fell somewhat out of favor as concert venues got larger because it didn't carry as well as other woodwinds.
Nothing formal. As of about 2007 I still outshot my older brother when he was an active cop. That was me with my Glock 26 and him with his 1911. He was out of practice apparently.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2012, 01:59:14 AM »
Recorders are still recorders in the USA. I went to a recorder quarter quartet chamber concert in the basement of the Ogden library about 20 years ago. Nice sounding instrument. The leader of the quartet explained that recorders fell somewhat out of favor as concert venues got larger because it didn't carry as well as other woodwinds.
Nothing formal. As of about 2007 I still outshot my older brother when he was an active cop. That was me with my Glock 26 and him with his 1911. He was out of practice apparently.

lol. are you saying he did not shoot enough criminals? not even in the foot?... to bad

its a good thing im not a cop

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

P7PSP

« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2012, 02:00:13 AM »

lol. are you saying he did not shoot enough criminals? not even in the foot?... to bad

its a good thing im not a cop
He never shot anyone. He did arrest some very dangerous offenders.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #291 on: January 03, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »
He shouldn't have gotten out of practice as an active cop! It doesn't make sense for that to happen.

I always thought recorders were too high-pitched when I played one in school. Everyone in primary school here in Australia played the recorder when I was a kid I think. Maybe because they were cheap to buy and didn't require a lot of maintenance. I prefer the sound of a clarinet - GA has one that parts sent her.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #292 on: January 03, 2012, 03:17:35 AM »
He shouldn't have gotten out of practice as an active cop! It doesn't make sense for that to happen.

I always thought recorders were too high-pitched when I played one in school. Everyone in primary school here in Australia played the recorder when I was a kid I think. Maybe because they were cheap to buy and didn't require a lot of maintenance. I prefer the sound of a clarinet - GA has one that parts sent her.

i think ppk was just implying that his brother was making up excuses for himself being worse than PPK... if on the offhand i am wrong i agree with you. there is NO reason a civvy should be able to outshoot a cop unless the cop is a really bad shot, in which case he should not be a cop. or the civvy is a world class target shooter in which case the cop should either have the jump on him because hes intelligent enough to be a cop or just be fucked.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

P7PSP

« Reply #293 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:00 AM »
My brother was not shooting dismally, I just was well practiced at that time. After I passed the 13,000 round mark in the 26 in about 2006 I stopped keeping track*. I put in much more range time back then. Most depts here requal 4 times a year.

*Shortly after that I had numerous other guns to be shooting so the 26 got less range time than it used to.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:21:21 AM by PPK »

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #294 on: January 03, 2012, 04:34:40 AM »
13 000 rounds! That is a lot.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #295 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:45 AM »
My brother was not shooting dismally, I just was well practiced at that time. After I passed the 13,000 round mark in the 26 in about 2006 I stopped keeping track*. I put in much more range time back then. Most depts here requal 4 times a year.

*Shortly after that I had numerous other guns to be shooting so the 26 got less range time than it used to.

that is a lot of rounds. just for prepairdness cops should be required to do a range at least five times a month... anything special such as swat should be required to do so at least thrice a week.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #296 on: January 03, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »

I always thought recorders were too high-pitched when I played one in school. Everyone in primary school here in Australia played the recorder when I was a kid I think. Maybe because they were cheap to buy and didn't require a lot of maintenance.  I prefer the sound of a clarinet  - GA has one that parts sent her.

I used to play the clarinet, back in high school.  :notes:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #297 on: January 03, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
Awesome, so did GA. I like the low sounds they can make. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #298 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »
Awesome, so did GA. I like the low sounds they can make. :)

Even their highest  :notes:  are mellow and sweet!  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2012, 02:20:39 AM »

I just realized that people might read that post and conclude that I shot 13000 rounds out of my 26 during 2006. That is not what I meant. I had bought the gun in December 1999 and by mid 2006 was @ the 13,000+ mark through it. I was also shooting my 40s and 45s, 22s, 44 magnums etc but that little pistol went to the range everytime back then, no matter what else I was shooting. That frequency of practice will get a person proficient.