Educational

Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16609 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »
You are a bad influence bringing vulgarity into my thread QV.  :lol:

Well, Lady Weeble made me do it.

I wasn't even here, I was offline while dogsitting.  :angel:
What a coincidence that you just happen to have an alibi.  ::)

The innocent need no defense.  :angel:
Then why did you present an alibi?  :police:

I just did that as a courtesy.  If you are cynical enough to question a Weeble, I truly pity you.  :M
Weeble's never do bad, Aspies can't lie and the check is in the mail.
:laugh:

Want my bankaccount number too?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:23 AM »
Stop spamming my ask away thread. Go to your own thread.  >:D

But I can't mock you there.  I prefer to stay here.  >:D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »
I am bidding on a Antonio Zoli-Gardone over/under 12 gauge shotgun at an online estate auction.

At what cost am I getting ripped off?  I'm up to $15 right now.

P7PSP

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »
I'm not familiar with that one MLA. Can't help you.  :dunno: I just looked some up online and they seem to be low to mid high end shotguns. I don't know if they made grunt grade field shotguns or not. As long as it is mechanically sound with no corrosion issues it looks like you could sink several hundred into one and come out ahead. Try this forum for better info. http://www.shotgunworld.com/

midlifeaspie

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2011, 04:26:58 PM »
I'm not familiar with that one MLA. Can't help you.  :dunno: I just looked some up online and they seem to be low to mid high end shotguns. I don't know if they made grunt grade field shotguns or not. As long as it is mechanically sound with no corrosion issues it looks like you could sink several hundred into one and come out ahead. Try this forum for better info. http://www.shotgunworld.com/

Thanks  :plus:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »

Hard to tell about erosion in pictures.  If I check it out in person (which I will only bother to do if the price gets high enough) what exactly am I looking for?

P7PSP

« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2011, 04:52:29 PM »
Obvious signs of neglect/abuse. Open the action checking for smoothness and no significant resistance in the swing arc as you do so. Take a couple of snap caps and try the trigger. Check the safety, if applicable. When the action is open there will be a spring loaded release, possibly towards the end of the forearm, that will allow you to take off the forearm and after that the the barrels. Taking it down like that will allow you to determine if moisture got it between the stock and metal, if there is no corrosion there chances are it was well taken care of. That looks like a combination of good old fashioned rust bluing and case hardening on the gun. Very few guns are made to that standard today. I have a 1978 Colt Detective Special with fine bluing like that. If there are only a couple of small spots of surface rust carefully rubbing it with a clean old t shirt and Kroil will lift it out and probably render it unnoticeable to a casual glance. If you get it please post pics.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #217 on: October 07, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Obvious signs of neglect/abuse. Open the action checking for smoothness and no significant resistance in the swing arc as you do so. Take a couple of snap caps and try the trigger. Check the safety, if applicable. When the action is open there will be a spring loaded release, possibly towards the end of the forearm, that will allow you to take off the forearm and after that the the barrels. Taking it down like that will allow you to determine if moisture got it between the stock and metal, if there is no corrosion there chances are it was well taken care of. That looks like a combination of good old fashioned rust bluing and case hardening on the gun. Very few guns are made to that standard today. I have a 1978 Colt Detective Special with fine bluing like that. If there are only a couple of small spots of surface rust carefully rubbing it with a clean old t shirt and Kroil will lift it out and probably render it unnoticeable to a casual glance. If you get it please post pics.

Will do.  Thanks again :)

P7PSP

« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »
You're welcome, best of luck on the auction.  :thumbup:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2011, 03:48:25 PM »
Time Left: 1d 1h 22m

:zoinks:

P7PSP

« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2011, 03:52:41 PM »

midlifeaspie

P7PSP

« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »

:crossed:

Only up to $80 too
Must be a widow or other relative that doesn't know what they have.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »

:crossed:

Only up to $80 too
Must be a widow or other relative that doesn't know what they have.

The auction has a few hundred registered members, so I guess nobody else knows either

P7PSP

« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
I can't find anything real definite but the company appears to be founded circa 1945. If that is correct than the barrels will not be damascus steel meaning modern loads will be safe in it. You'll need to confirm that before using modern loads, since O/U were often made for Trap and Skeet I would stick to low base 11/8 ounce type rabbit and partridge loads unless you find out for sure that more powerful loads are appropriate. I don't care for 3" loads in any case they kick like shit. Also, in some shotguns I have read of concerns with "ringing" in older guns not made for steel shot. http://www.chuckhawks.com/steel_shot.htm