Educational

Author Topic: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.  (Read 16571 times)

Osensitive1

Re: PPK shares with you, his wounded inner child.
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
Thanks, Hyke. :)

Celticgoddess

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2011, 06:26:52 PM »
Book of Daniel Tammet: "Born On A Blue Day"?
Haven't read it. Did he explain the blue? Seems to have some importance I can't quite pinpoint, but don't think it has anything to do with the emotion.

Haven't read it either, but, have seen interviews with Daniel Tammet. It has to do with synaesthesia as you guessed indeed. People, days, numbers, they all have a colour, and that makes it easier for him to remember people, and to be amazingly fast in the most difficult calculations.

I have that book and I really liked it :)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2011, 04:59:29 AM »
In the city near where I live they lit up blue lights on the Bell Tower. World Autism Awareness Day was on April 2nd.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Celticgoddess

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2011, 06:15:56 AM »
In the city near where I live they lit up blue lights on the Bell Tower. World Autism Awareness Day was on April 2nd.
In my city they lit up the CN Tower in blue. I love blue lights. Looks pretty.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »

Should I sell one of my shotguns, or sell them both and get a new one?

P7PSP

« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »

Should I sell one of my shotguns, or sell them both and get a new one?
What exactly are you considering ebf? Without details I can't render an opinion.

P7PSP

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
I just read your other post about not needing two shotguns. If you really need the money then selling one might make sense. If you don't have acute need of the money than a bit of redundancy makes sense. Keep in mind that I have overkill redundancy in several niches so I am not objective.  :LOL:

Celticgoddess

« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »
*just pictured her ex at the mercy of PPK's redundant arsenal*

:tinfoil:

Does that make me evil?

P7PSP

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »

Does that make me evil?
No, you are not evil. Just keep in mind that Scott Petersen might realize now that a divorce would have been cheaper, and less hassle, than living on death row. Even an acquittal might get your children taken away for good, besides, you are not a psychopath and the police have more practice catching criminals than you have getting away with crime.  :thumbup:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2011, 10:13:08 AM »

I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster and a Mossberg 500, both chambered for 2 3/4" shells. I'm thinking about either selling one of them, or selling them both and getting one that is chambered for 3" or 3 1/2" shells. A semi-auto would be cool as well, but that's probably more than I'd get for both of the guns I have.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »

Does that make me evil?
No, you are not evil. Just keep in mind that Scott Petersen might realize now that a divorce would have been cheaper, and less hassle, than living on death row. Even an acquittal might get your children taken away for good, besides, you are not a psychopath and the police have more practice catching criminals than you have getting away with crime.  :thumbup:
Oh gosh, I'm not actually violent in real life. I just killed a spider the other day for the first time in years and felt huge amounts of guilt. :laugh: I would never really wish harm upon him. I would just like him to move out. :P

Do you have a favourite among your collection?

P7PSP

« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »

I have a Remington 870 Wingmaster and a Mossberg 500, both chambered for 2 3/4" shells. I'm thinking about either selling one of them, or selling them both and getting one that is chambered for 3" or 3 1/2" shells. A semi-auto would be cool as well, but that's probably more than I'd get for both of the guns I have.
The 1100 and 11-87 are real nice. I shot one of the Benelli recoil operated shotguns and it kicked like shit. The gas operated ones are much softer shooting in my experience and some have means to adjust the gas pressure to use a different range of loads.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »

I'm leaning toward the Remingtons, because you can use a pistol grip stock and still reach the safety. It's awkward using the tang-mounted safety on a Mossberg with a pistol grip.

I'm just debating whether I really need 3" or bigger, or if 2 3/4" Magnum shells would be all I really need.

P7PSP

« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

Does that make me evil?
Oh gosh, I'm not actually violent in real life. I just killed a spider the other day for the first time in years and felt huge amounts of guilt. :laugh: I would never really wish harm upon him. I would just like him to move out. :P

Do you have a favourite among your collection?
I pretty much figured you were blowing off steam CG. In my fantasy mode I have thought what if I could move to New Zealand and take a gun with me. For that purpose my Sig P239 9mm would be it. The one on the top here is the 9mm 239, the one on the bottom is the 40/357 Sig 239.

For all other purposes my G26 9mm is my favorite little gun that shoots like a big gun. It is the black one on top, the other is a Kahr MK9

P7PSP

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »

I'm leaning toward the Remingtons, because you can use a pistol grip stock and still reach the safety. It's awkward using the tang-mounted safety on a Mossberg with a pistol grip.

I'm just debating whether I really need 3" or bigger, or if 2 3/4" Magnum shells would be all I really need.
Would this do dual duty or just home defense? I like safety's located forward of the trigger guard. Remingtons are nice.