Educational

Author Topic: Random articles of interest thread  (Read 535 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Random articles of interest thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 01:38:31 AM »
About or maybe a little more than half way there and I am being pressured to finish, of course.

Very big troubles at work, so I am taking a vacation to use the last of my benefits. We are going south!

My "friend" will just have to wait a bit more. He knows I have kids, family, other concerns and I am kind of rich, when compared to him, even though I am taking a lot of his money to best serve his subwoofing  headgame.

What I have to offer him in our construction project  is an artform that few can attain and he knows it (well, OK, buttloads of science make the "art"  really work.)

I just hope that he can keep from thinking that I have gone crazy in taking off to the Caribbean for a week.

While all packed and shit, ready to head out next morning, My daughter (once again) complains about pains in her chest. She has done so for a number of years and always complains about everything, TBH.  I chose to question her more fully. MAKE HER describe the pain, for the hundredth time. She finally said something that concerned me. We put off our plans.

I took her to our doctor. Turns out, she has the exact same Ventricular Tachycardia that I have had most of my life. It is nothing to worry about, but when you feel it it is quite disturbing.  Medication can control it quite comfortably. We are not going to the Bahamas, after all. Our window has closed. My work is not important, but my wife has to schedule these things months in advance.

I am glad that we finally found out what is causing my daughter stress at the most odd times.

Will have to do "Troppo"  another time. We should already be there!!

:violin:

Hope they get her heartbeat regular soon, DD. I hate the sensation tachycardia gives. Glad you did find out what it is though.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
About or maybe a little more than half way there and I am being pressured to finish, of course.

Very big troubles at work, so I am taking a vacation to use the last of my benefits. We are going south!

My "friend" will just have to wait a bit more. He knows I have kids, family, other concerns and I am kind of rich, when compared to him, even though I am taking a lot of his money to best serve his subwoofing  headgame.

What I have to offer him in our construction project  is an artform that few can attain and he knows it (well, OK, buttloads of science make the "art"  really work.)

I just hope that he can keep from thinking that I have gone crazy in taking off to the Caribbean for a week.

While all packed and shit, ready to head out next morning, My daughter (once again) complains about pains in her chest. She has done so for a number of years and always complains about everything, TBH.  I chose to question her more fully. MAKE HER describe the pain, for the hundredth time. She finally said something that concerned me. We put off our plans.

I took her to our doctor. Turns out, she has the exact same Ventricular Tachycardia that I have had most of my life. It is nothing to worry about, but when you feel it it is quite disturbing.  Medication can control it quite comfortably. We are not going to the Bahamas, after all. Our window has closed. My work is not important, but my wife has to schedule these things months in advance.

I am glad that we finally found out what is causing my daughter stress at the most odd times.

Hope they get her heartbeat regular soon, DD. I hate the sensation tachycardia gives. Glad you did find out what it is though.

Hate to admit it, but she has been complaining about her chest for years.  We tried to ask how it felt. she would just hide after questions. She was ashamed to be a problem.

This is HUGE to me.

It took me a while to understand.  Even after having the same shit myself.

I am just so thankful that she has a chance to get some help at an early age. I was an old man when I discovered this genetic anomaly. I have been fine after seeking correction for this.

FUCK going to the Bahamas.  Finding that this is a way to help my daughter is way more important.   Bahamas will still be there

Assessing this at such an early age will give her many more years to enjoy and medication will do wonders for her.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »

Hate to admit it, but she has been complaining about her chest for years.  We tried to ask how it felt. she would just hide after questions. She was ashamed to be a problem.

This is HUGE to me.

I am just so thankful that she has a chance to get some help at an early age. I was an old man when I discovered this genetic anomaly. I have been fine after seeking correction for this.

FUCK going to the Bahamas.  Finding that this is a way to help my daughter is way more important.   Bahamas will still be there

Assessing this at such an early age will give her many more years to enjoy and medication will do wonders for her.

For my dad, the medical adjustment came around being 75 and then he remarked he had never felt better in his whole life. He always was a strong and very energetic man. Then he seemed to take it up a notch. They had turned him inside out at age 40, because of now and then completely passing out. But nothing could be found. He did have a problem with it all his life though.

It's good indeed, that for your daughter this difference can be made in her teens.

For me, it now has calmed down a lot. Not using meds for it at the moment. Could pop up just as easily again though.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 09:59:35 PM »
This has been a "very" LONG  transitional week and a half.

She has had a time with getting her meds straight - the meds are not yet right, yet,  BTW.

We were so looking forward to our trip for months, after such a great dividend, but finding this out (and making progress toward fixing it) shadows every other concern I can even imagine, going forward.

I hate that it took us so long to find this in her. She has been "looked at" several times by two different doctors. FINALLY, my new doctor asked pertinent questions, for which I had no answers. I then asked him for answers.

...   and here we are!!   She is finally getting some relief.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »

I am worried, in a way.

My same exact thing did not show up until I was in my late forties.

Hers is so severe that they found it at twelve years of age.  I am trying to see this in a positive light. I am trying to say to us all that medicine is so much better these days that they can help her at twelve years of age with something that took them forty something years to find in me.

:2thumbsup:

Yeah, keeping up such a good face is tough.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »

I am worried, in a way.

Hers is so severe that they found it at twelve years of age.  I am trying to see this in a positive light. I am trying to say to us all that medicine is so much better these days that they can help her at twelve years of age with something that took them forty something years to find in me.

DD, my dad passed out several times, around forty, they could not find a thing. At 75 they finally found what it was, and the relief was massive. His was severe, when it hit him. Passing out is not something happening just like that, certainly not for him. Maybe they found it sooner in her, because they know it is there in you. There is reason for hope.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 08:00:12 PM »

I am worried, in a way.

:hug:

Once she is on the meds for a bit and you see the changes in her, then you can better assess how she will be. Untreated it will always seem a bit worse than it is. Just think about how much better she will feel... :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:53 PM »

This is HUGE to me.

Hope everything turns out OK.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »

So far, so GOOD!!

Thanks for all the well wishes.

She was in a dance choir concert last night. She was A "terrible hellion" as she was getting ready to go. She lost socks, she misplaced her shirt ... etc.

Once she was on stage, she was smiling from ear to ear and goofing with her friends on stage. She was finally happy.

Found out later that night that she had spent the hour before the concert with her "friends" Screaming, laughing, singing, body slamming each other, climbing all over each other, Jumping off the back stage dock, and I am sure other things she was not yet ready to share with me ...

... in the end, her needs were met in ways that I can no longer do for her. She has found a (strange) social life with which she she identifies!

:clap: