Author Topic: The reason I'm like this  (Read 8237 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: The reason I'm like this
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »
I was emotionally abused and neglected by my parents. I'm so fucked up that I can't even fit in with the other aspies. :wanker:

But you are learning and making progress.  Congratulations for that.  Just remember that most progress isn't linear, it's steps back and forth and some standstills inbetween.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
I was emotionally abused and neglected by my parents. I'm so fucked up that I can't even fit in with the other aspies. :wanker:

You can fit in when you choose to. Fitting in can be hard. I know how hard I find it when I have to try to fit in with new people.

eris

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
People shouldnt "try" to "fit in"

I have to hide my personality sometimes in real life becasue I would probably scare people. Im not going to kiss anyone ass to try to make them my friend and no one else should, either. And Im certainly not going to hide myself online

But there are other weird, fucked up people out there that will accept you for who you are, then you dont have to "try" anymore

Id rather be all alone than have to "try" to fit in.

richard

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
Well atleast eris get it. living up to someone elses expectations, or kissing there ass to make freinds with them isnt exactly my definition of a good time

I have a feeling me and her would be best friends, IRL. I hate fake people, or trying to fit in. I want to get to know the real person >:D

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 01:28:26 PM »
Well atleast eris get it. living up to someone elses expectations, or kissing there ass to make freinds with them isnt exactly my definition of a good time

I have a feeling me and her would be best friends, IRL. I hate fake people, or trying to fit in. I want to get to know the real person >:D

:yawn:

richard

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 01:29:50 PM »
Take a nap then bitch. ittle do you some good

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »
Take a nap then bitch. ittle do you some good

richard

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 01:31:45 PM »
Maybe you should go lick alberts pussy to wake you up?  ???

DukeNukem

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 01:52:55 PM »
I think me and eris would be great friends IRL. She's a very kind and interesting person who isn't afraid to speak her mind. I like that. That's the kind of people I like to talk to. :thumbup:

I might even have a little crush on her...  :-[

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
Maybe you should go lick alberts pussy to wake you up?  ???

eris

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »

I understand why you're upset with Richard, but what does this have to do with it ? I think it is true. No one should be fake.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »

I understand why you're upset with Richard, but what does this have to do with it ? I think it is true. No one should be fake.

If you go back and read his earliest posts you'll see that he's a constant jack off of all trades, insulting, repetitious little man.  IMMO  (In My Majestic Opinion.) 

eris

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »
Yeah, I know, and I know what he said to you recently. I just think that particualr thing he said was genius. :zoinks: You've got a right to be upset with what he said to you but everyone is pretty fucked up on the inside, but a few of us are just fucked up on the outside, too. In the same way you dont have to live up to his standards he doesnt need to live up to yours, either.

It is just that I sense some hostility in you and I think it is kinda pointless. I dont mean anything bad against you, you're a nice person as far as I can tell. It's just not going to change anything, and there are just some people out there ( like me ) that just CANT be understood.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »
Eris, you're right.  I'm using Richard as a whipping boy for something that's totally unrelated to him.

RICHARD I APOLOGIZE FOR MY CRUELTY AND WILL STOP.  WHAT I DID WAS NOT RIGHT.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
People shouldnt "try" to "fit in"

I have to hide my personality sometimes in real life becasue I would probably scare people. Im not going to kiss anyone ass to try to make them my friend and no one else should, either. And Im certainly not going to hide myself online

But there are other weird, fucked up people out there that will accept you for who you are, then you dont have to "try" anymore

Id rather be all alone than have to "try" to fit in.

In an ideal world you are probably right, but it's not always as easy as that for me. I do like to fit in. I can't stand to be all alone.

The thing about me though, is that my problems with fitting in aren't really caused by my wierdness, although that can be a problem. They're caused by my extreme social anxiety. Trying to fit in for me isn't about kissing someones ass. I don't need to do that to make friends. For me, trying to fit in means forcing myself to talk to people. Forcing myself to continue having a conversation with someone, even though I feel sick with nerves and I just want to walk away mid conversation and hide. It means forcing myself to talk at a volume others can hear, rather than revert to a nervous inaudible whisper.

If I didn't make these efforts to fit in it would be almost impossible for me to make friends.