Educational

Author Topic: Which ethnicitiy or gender or sexual orientation is annoying you this year?  (Read 7224 times)

Litigious

Most leaders are a lot alike--they love the power; power corrupts. The maniacs among world's leaders today are thankfully a minority, Christians, muslims, or otherwise. I'm sure many of a muslim leader's opinions will differ from yours but that 's to be expected. The world's current #1 maniac leader is a Christian, however. This nutcase attacked a muslim country where far fewer people died in violent crimes each year, than in the nutcase's "free" country. After the "liberation", this is no longer true.

And it wasn't the nutcase's first, either, and I fear it will not be his last. He's glancing at the neighbours in the region and again will lie to get his way.

I've already told you once on this board that I think that GWB is an idiot. And I haven't said that European or American leaders aren't power-horny and abusive of power. But that doesn't make me sympathise with the muslims. 

Quote from: odeon
Fundamentalists are always difficult to deal with, regardless of religion. Try to discuss evolution with a Bible belt official or a Jehova's witness. You cannot get anywhere with such a discussion. The average muslim, however, is no more a fundamentalist than the average Christian. I don't know where you get your conjecture from--probably from other islamophobics--but thankfully, repeating the propaganda does not make it true.

As for reasoning with a Muslim, have a look at Islam Online's FAQs on Islam.

How many christian fundamentalists kill their daughters every year for being together with the "wrong" guy? How many christian refugees are sitting in TV and openly threatening the very country that has offered them a haven, like you can see muslims doing here in Sweden?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:57:59 AM by Litigious »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
How many christian fundamentalists kill their daughters every year for being together with the "wrong" guy? How many christian refugees are sitting in TV and openly threatening the very country that has offered them a haven, like you can see muslims doing here in Sweden?

One or two nutcases on TV, and you interpret this as every muslim being an idiot? If you're referring to "hedersmord" (honour killings, for those of you who do not read Swedish), the fact is that three such cases have been documented and tried in courts in Sweden during the last ten years. This is hardly frequent enough even for a bigot such as yourself to apply to the whole muslim population, just as you cannot draw the conclusion that Swedish Christians are blood-thirsty wifebeaters on the grounds that the frequency of such crimes is significantly higher during the Christian holidays.

But let's take another example. There is a tradition of honour killings among some families on Sicily and Corsica, however, and since catholicism is the predominant religion on these islands, one could easily draw the conclusion that honour killings are a tradition among Christians. This is not the case but it would be easy for a bigot to draw that conclusion.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

Re: Which ethnicitiy or gender or sexual orientation is annoying you this year?
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 10:15:18 AM »

One or two nutcases on TV, and you interpret this as every muslim being an idiot? If you're referring to "hedersmord" (honour killings, for those of you who do not read Swedish), the fact is that three such cases have been documented and tried in courts in Sweden during the last ten years. This is hardly frequent enough even for a bigot such as yourself to apply to the whole muslim population, just as you cannot draw the conclusion that Swedish Christians are blood-thirsty wifebeaters on the grounds that the frequency of such crimes is significantly higher during the Christian holidays.

Three verified cases, maybe. Or three cases known in all of Sweden. But you can read in the papers and on the internet and watch on TV every week, that there are suspected cases of "honour killings". In the countries where these people come from, the court would free them or give them a very mild, symbolic punishment (at least compared with the usual punishments in those countries) for killing their own daughters. Or will you deny the actual laws of muslim countries as well? If they are unwillingly to integrate into Swedish culture, why would they respect Swedish law, when their laws and traditions in their country of origin say it's OK to kill your daughter for dating the "wrong" guy?

Quote from: odeon

But let's take another example. There is a tradition of honour killings among some families on Sicily and Corsica, however, and since catholicism is the predominant religion on these islands, one could easily draw the conclusion that honour killings are a tradition among Christians. This is not the case but it would be easy for a bigot to draw that conclusion.

No, but you can draw the conclusion that Catholics from Sicily and Corsica are more probable to commit honour killings, like some branches of islamists are more likely to commit honour killings than for example Sufis are (Sufism is a very peaceful and quiet form of islam that actually existed in Europe among people of European heritage before there were almost any people at all from the Middle East here).

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 02:24:14 PM »
after 911 i saw nations celebrating the death of innocent people, after the attack on the evil empire (USA)
entire nations doing their la la la la la la la la la la thinkg.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 09:54:50 PM »
There are no innocent victims.  Your birth certificate is proof of guilt.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Scrapheap

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 10:35:33 PM »
Quote from: MrGarrison
Can we get rid of all the Mexican's

Notatroll

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 10:45:05 PM »
No, we can't, there are too many of them, there aren't enough ditches on the sides of the road in all the country to get rid of em all.  Unless.... Cannibalism.  Yes.  Or maybe we could figure out a way to process them into a cheap and soft astroturf.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 10:46:08 PM »
Why don't we just fuck them until we drown them out of the gene pool?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Notatroll

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:02 PM »
That's the current plan, and it doesn't seem to be working.  I know.  This calls for even MORE fucking.

Scrapheap

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2006, 11:43:09 PM »
That's the current plan, and it doesn't seem to be working.  I know.  This calls for even MORE fucking.

Some of their women are fat and ugly I don't want to fuck them............ Can I have all the Selma Hayek look alikes??

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2006, 05:25:12 AM »
Litigious, there will always be honour-related killings, but quite a few sociologists have already shown that they are not related to any one religion, here or elsewhere. Some newspapers in Sweden have tried to create panic around the issues because these stories are good for business, especially after 9/11, but apart from a lot of conjecture, there's no evidence to indicate that they're right. Do you believe everything the media tells you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2006, 08:49:59 AM »
Litigious, there will always be honour-related killings, but quite a few sociologists have already shown that they are not related to any one religion, here or elsewhere. Some newspapers in Sweden have tried to create panic around the issues because these stories are good for business, especially after 9/11, but apart from a lot of conjecture, there's no evidence to indicate that they're right. Do you believe everything the media tells you?

i actually tend to believe NONE of what the media tells me.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:13 AM »
Absolutely fucking everyone  :grrr:

Litigious

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2006, 09:31:41 AM »
Do you believe everything the media tells you?

I usually don't believe them.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »
No, we can't, there are too many of them, there aren't enough ditches on the sides of the road in all the country to get rid of em all.  Unless.... Cannibalism.  Yes.  Or maybe we could figure out a way to process them into a cheap and soft astroturf.

I've had mexican food. Even well done they're gonna taste like shit.

How about an renewable alternative fuel source ... real bio-diesel.

Those bastards down the street raid my garden at night and steal my peppers, cilantro and garlic. I have plenty to share and would give them away (I give them to the other neighbors), if they were civilized enough to ask.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 11:02:10 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.