Educational

Author Topic: Ask me a stupid question, I'll give you a stupid answer :P  (Read 5055 times)

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • NSFW - Not Safe for Woke
Re: Ask me a stupid question, I'll give you a stupid answer :P
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 11:38:59 PM »
idiot nerds.... OMFG NOES!!!

Offline techstepgenr8tion

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 11:40:23 PM »
:green:

what does :p mean?

when you put that accent on the side of a consinant rather than on top of a vowel like an o it ends up giving it more of a popping sound - so that's the kind of 'p' that's like you flicking the side of your cheek with your mouth chambered - its used a great deal if you want to do legal transcription for African tribes of the Serengeti.
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 11:41:19 PM »
what is the meaning of life?

It means that if there really is a higher power he has a pretty twisted sense of humor. Anything else?
Born into this world for one inherent purpose: to drop science and drop it heavy.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 11:43:17 PM »
If you had a car that could do the speed of light, what would happen if you turned the headlights on??

Getting a bit ahead of you I don't think you even could turn your headlights on, wouldn't your car be just about at a vapor state at that point not only from traveling at photon speed but even just getting hit with all that dark energy, dark matter, and asteroid dust circulating around? I kinda wonder about what that would do the flow of electricity as well, probably stop it cold and make your battery blow up.

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 11:43:40 PM »
why cant i find good Drum&Bass any more in single tracks and not just mixes... cos i really want Turnstyle (Baron Remix) by Zen...

and some ones by Tech Itch and Paul Reset and that classy house version of Gorillaz Feel Good Inc... :( Badger Needs Tuuuneage and Mary J's Locker

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »
What is the cube of 9?

Let me know the day you can twist a 9 into a cube shape, that would be a heck of a party trick....

Offline BadgerTom

• DEPRAVED ASSHAT
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 11:46:24 PM »

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 11:49:31 PM »
why cant i find good Drum&Bass any more in single tracks and not just mixes... cos i really want Turnstyle (Baron Remix) by Zen...

and some ones by Tech Itch and Paul Reset and that classy house version of Gorillaz Feel Good Inc... :( Badger Needs Tuuuneage and Mary J's Locker

Because I'm taking a wild guess that you haven't been using Soulseek or Limewire and if those tracks are brand new you'll probably have to give it a year. For me for instance I was DYING to put DStar and Vector Burn - Winter In America on my Myspace page for background music last winter, didn't find it till spring, same with how I'm dying to get my hands on the Marky & Bungle remix of Funktion by Ed Rush and Optical though everyone's crying about that one not getting released. The Tech Itch shouldn't be hard to find - people love angsty headbanger drum&bass like Tech Itch, Kryptic Minds, Evol Intent, for some reason that just catches a lot more popularity online than does the other stuff - oh well. Baron's pretty big too, unless that's a brand new track or an unreleased I'd be surprised that you can't find it on a P2P client. BTW - I'd love to find lots more Aspect, Gremlinz, Skitty, etc. - I'll take whatever 05/06 I can get my hands on, just holler if you think you have something I don't :)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 11:53:11 PM »
at least he is not a racist or a homophobe like sean and a lot of other republicans though

what happened with best buy? anything new?

They fixed the problem, went above and beyond to properly install my second drive as well, and charged me nothing for their time. Turned out the problem wasn't even the discs, it was the secondary drive and I guess it took that long for them to figure it out as well.

Wow. I'm glad they fixed the problem.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2006, 12:16:04 AM »

Wow. I'm glad they fixed the problem.

Yeah me too - right now I just got Absynth 4 reinstalled and I'm about to install ProTools Mbox2 for the first time, wish me luck :).

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2006, 01:11:03 AM »
ooh, absynthe. good luck. :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2006, 01:17:45 AM »

Wasn't there a thread about it somewhere here...? :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2006, 02:04:58 AM »
i think there was...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2006, 05:32:48 AM »
If you had a car that could do the speed of light, what would happen if you turned the headlights on??

Getting a bit ahead of you I don't think you even could turn your headlights on, wouldn't your car be just about at a vapor state at that point not only from traveling at photon speed but even just getting hit with all that dark energy, dark matter, and asteroid dust circulating around? I kinda wonder about what that would do the flow of electricity as well, probably stop it cold and make your battery blow up.
what if you could travel at the speed of sound.

would you be able to caution with a blast of the horn.  or would it be too late?
Misunderstood.

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2006, 12:57:44 AM »

ROFL, no, not *that* absynth. I've got more conventional ways to fry my liver than thujong. This is more my brand of Absynth:
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=absynth4_us&ftu=83be9839577b8e0&flash=8
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:02:07 AM by techstepgenr8tion »