Educational

Author Topic: Give yourself credit for anything you've done right!  (Read 16850 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Give yourself credit for anything you've done right!
« Reply #645 on: September 15, 2016, 05:30:48 AM »
  And after work I did a load of laundry, so now I have clean clothes for work!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #646 on: September 16, 2016, 03:15:36 PM »
Managed a very intense training session with my old trainer last night, and 30 km in 1 hour 3 minutes on the exercise bike, on interval training setting. I passed the fitness test/training session with my trainer which surprised me, as how the hell did I get back there after over a year sat on my backside to a point I could not walk without pain for months? For anyone interested, this is what he had me do in those 55 minutes.

1)10 kg medicine ball. Knees bent, squat down, pick up, hold above head and slam down on floor. Repeat 20 times.
2)5kg medicine ball ~ knees bent ~ slam down, catch and repeat 20 times
3)Get a step ~ step up and holding 4kg dumbbells, punch the air, step down ~ repeat 20 times
4)Get a step ~ one leg either side ~ step up one leg at a time, with 4kg dumbells and punch air 10 times, switch which leg goes on step first and repeat.
5)Get a step ~ squat, then jump onto it, jump back off and using the step for hands, do a pushup, then 10 x leg pulls to chest. Repeat 5 times then do again with 10 leg pulls to either side(opposite side to leg)
6)Lay on back, semi sit up, and punch higher up, 40 times, different positions.
7)Get a step, do a burpee, then jump over the step sideways, both legs together and do another burpee. Repeat until done 10 burpees.
8)Get a small gym ball and balance elbows on it. Come up onto toes, keep back up, and hold for as long as possible. Basically a plank on a gym ball.
9) 4 rounds of boxing, including having to do a burpee first, followed by hooks, jabs, ducks etc.

Few more pics from tonight, after the cycling.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #647 on: September 17, 2016, 06:18:35 AM »
Would love to have toned arms like yours. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #648 on: September 17, 2016, 11:38:00 AM »
Would love to have toned arms like yours. :)

Thanks  :2thumbsup: It's sure coming at a cost... I cannot lift them properly today as I made the mistake of doing weighted ropes the day after all the rest of it. Shoulders...  :LOL: Taking a shower will be interesting. I think tonight will have to be a day off as I have done 8 days in a row.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #649 on: September 17, 2016, 11:07:18 PM »
^Definitely. Your muscles need to recover.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #650 on: September 28, 2016, 05:55:04 AM »
Did some sports this morning, at the local gym. Fun small group of people, working out for themselves, no showing off. With laughter. Laughing is good for the abs.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #651 on: October 22, 2016, 11:22:58 PM »
You did it, you finally caught up on four months' worth of backlogged insurance claims. Excellent work.

Now, prep and address all the envelopes.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #652 on: October 24, 2016, 03:21:51 AM »
Still hitting the gym although only 4-5 times a week. Now volunteering at a lunch club for the elderly and frail even though it is a morning start. I just stay up and sleep after. It involves helping prepare and serve their meals. Clear up. Talk to the people especially those who seem to be alone. Then I generally play a game of scrabble with a group that includes a lady of 97 who is incredibly sharp and mobile still and who can recite poems from memory. This is just whole I wait for the befriending to be approved which involves waiting for paper forms because they decided my ID was not enough without that even though I provided three pieces. Just cannot afford to pay for a passport just to volunteer. Also making my own Christmas cards using cross stitch and have met someone on Second Life who lives local to me to hang out with sometimes. So I suppose those might be considered slight achievements.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #653 on: October 24, 2016, 03:55:19 AM »
Still hitting the gym although only 4-5 times a week. Now volunteering at a lunch club for the elderly and frail even though it is a morning start. I just stay up and sleep after. It involves helping prepare and serve their meals. Clear up. Talk to the people especially those who seem to be alone. Then I generally play a game of scrabble with a group that includes a lady of 97 who is incredibly sharp and mobile still and who can recite poems from memory. This is just whole I wait for the befriending to be approved which involves waiting for paper forms because they decided my ID was not enough without that even though I provided three pieces. Just cannot afford to pay for a passport just to volunteer. Also making my own Christmas cards using cross stitch and have met someone on Second Life who lives local to me to hang out with sometimes. So I suppose those might be considered slight achievements.

Slight achievements? That's awesome , Graelwyn.   :2thumbsup:

Given how isolated and depressed you were  recently, it's a great relief to see how outgoing you are at present.  :clap:.  The voluntary work is an especially good idea, for improving self-esteem ( Btw, I've read that when asked about their motivations for volunteering, the more honest and self-aware  respondents tend to say that they're in it to improve their self-self esteem. The ones who are in it just  because their heart overflows with pure goodness don't make such good volunteers  :LOL:. You can probably guess why not.)

Keep it up!

-Walkie :)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #654 on: October 24, 2016, 05:10:33 AM »
Also making my own Christmas cards using cross stitch

Are you going to post pictures of your cross stitch Christmas cards?  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #655 on: October 24, 2016, 07:44:58 AM »

Nice idea.   And ofc, if you come to the meetup, you can bring some with you!   

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #656 on: October 24, 2016, 06:18:41 PM »

Nice idea.   And ofc, if you come to the meetup, you can bring some with you!

I've made handmade Christmas cards before, but never anything as fancy or time consuming as a cross stitch Christmas card.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #657 on: November 07, 2016, 08:38:18 PM »
On the spur of the moment after visiting The PR, I stopped into a "quickie" oil change place.  Wise decision.  I had no oil left.  I definitely do not need to have an auto breakdown now.

Next on the list, coolant change, brakes, serpentine belt.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #658 on: November 07, 2016, 10:56:52 PM »
On the spur of the moment after visiting The PR, I stopped into a "quickie" oil change place.  Wise decision.  I had no oil left.  I definitely do not need to have an auto breakdown now.

Had a vehicle years ago that burned through oil like crazy when it got up in miles. It never leaked or smoked so it was weird; had to check it weekly.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #659 on: November 08, 2016, 03:09:21 AM »

Had a vehicle years ago that burned through oil like crazy when it got up in miles. It never leaked or smoked so it was weird; had to check it weekly.
My first car was like that with transmission fluid. Went through heaps of it but no leak.
Tek'ma'tae