Author Topic: Give yourself credit for anything you've done right!  (Read 16800 times)

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Give yourself credit for anything you've done right!
« Reply #630 on: September 13, 2016, 06:27:22 AM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

And I definitely don't want to demotivate you , but I do like the softer look of your face on the  overweight picture.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #631 on: September 13, 2016, 06:31:59 AM »
Oh! I can claim a similar weight loss ....over the course of 2-3 years.  But then I don't do gym, and I've never ben able to lose weight fast , no matter what.

My weight-loss is down to a high carb , extremely low fat diet, which I find totally  suits me. Wish I'd figured that out long ago.  My body doesn't do anything much with fat...except store it for later.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #632 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »
I went to the gym 3 times a week for over a year. Lost 2 kilos and gained muscular (for me) calves. Still very fat though. I suspect lithium is preventing me from losing any weight but at least I have reached a plateau and am not gaining any more.

Graelwyn, you look like a marathon runner.

Haha, I wish I could run at least a half marathon, but due to having COPD, running was always hardest of all. Any exercise I do beyond walking and weights is very uncomfortable anyway. I did come in as the first woman in the first and only 5k I ever did though,when I had not even run in weeks. I think bloody mindedness kept me going. I was about 3rd in I think out of over 100.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #633 on: September 13, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »
That's awesome. Running halfway down the street (only halfway, can't do any more) for the bus is my limit.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #634 on: September 14, 2016, 03:25:54 PM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

And I definitely don't want to demotivate you , but I do like the softer look of your face on the  overweight picture.

I wasn't overweight at that point... just at the top end of BMI for my height which I really, really hated, especially given most of it was fat.
I know my face gets more drawn when I am training... I just learnt to live with it as I prefer that over a flabby body I cannot stick in any decent clothing without feeling self conscious, lol.
Congrats on your own weight loss. Tomorrow, I hit the boxing stuff again and am doing 1 to 1.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2016, 04:03:32 PM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

I wasn't overweight at that point... just at the top end of BMI for my height which I really, really hated, especially given most of it was fat.
I know my face gets more drawn when I am training... I just learnt to live with it as I prefer that over a flabby body I cannot stick in any decent clothing without feeling self conscious, lol.
Congrats on your own weight loss. Tomorrow, I hit the boxing stuff again and am doing 1 to 1.

When you first started posting here almost 10 years ago, I thought you were anorexic and needed to put on at lest some weight.

In your case, a few extra ponds wouldn't hurt, just keep yourself at a healthy weight and don't feel self conscious about it.

If people don't like how you look when you're healthy, then fuck 'em!!

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #636 on: September 14, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

Ahh! so that's what "grim determination " looks like! I  probably have the exact same look on my own face, at times  :LOL:
I just read Scappy's comment, and he does have a point. I do  get it that it's what you  are comfortable with, but it is certainly possible to overdo it.

Btw, I don't really feel I deserve congrats , now I have the trick of it. I just ignore the conventional l health advice and eat loads of boiled sweets .  :green: Well, Ok , Ok that's a teeny bit over-simplified. I also avoid fat, but then I was getting such nasty reactions to fatty foods when I first lit on this idea, that it's all-too-easy to equate that with being kind to myself.

Actually , I don't much like boiled sweets .   :(  what a waste of a golden opportunity to self-indulge, huh?  Why couldn't this happen to somebody who likes the things instead?  :LOL:

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #637 on: September 14, 2016, 04:34:56 PM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

When you first started posting here almost 10 years ago, I thought you were anorexic and needed to put on at lest some weight.

In your case, a few extra ponds wouldn't hurt, just keep yourself at a healthy weight and don't feel self conscious about it.

If people don't like how you look when you're healthy, then fuck 'em!!

Yah, when I first posted here, I wasn't eating properly, and I was not fit.
I then decided, back in 2011/2012, to try and change my mindset from wanting to be really thin, to wanting to be fit and strong... I mean, let's face it, I am gone 40 now and my body just will not allow me to hover below the minimum weight for my height anymore. It is still a challenge and I was actually anorexic in my late teens. Severely so to a point I almost died several times from organ failure. I was, if I recall, 70Ibs at 5'11...lost an inch in height due to it.

When I am at the gym, well, it is a point of focus for me and an effective anti depressant most of the time. Not enjoyable though other than certain aspects, due to my 65% lung function.
Must admit though, I hated it when the trainer told me I was stronger than most women. I was outdoing the guys in some of the classes. You know, there is this stereotype that women are meant to be physically weaker and all of that crap. Taken me a long time to get past that.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #638 on: September 14, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Impressive, Graelwyn.

Ahh! so that's what "grim determination " looks like! I  probably have the exact same look on my own face, at times  :LOL:
I just read Scappy's comment, and he does have a point. I do  get it that it's what you  are comfortable with, but it is certainly possible to overdo it.

Btw, I don't really feel I deserve congrats , now I have the trick of it. I just ignore the conventional l health advice and eat loads of boiled sweets .  :green: Well, Ok , Ok that's a teeny bit over-simplified. I also avoid fat, but then I was getting such nasty reactions to fatty foods when I first lit on this idea, that it's all-too-easy to equate that with being kind to myself.

Actually , I don't much like boiled sweets .   :(  what a waste of a golden opportunity to self-indulge, huh?  Why couldn't this happen to somebody who likes the things instead?  :LOL:

It's interesting how different bodies react so differently to various diets. I actually got to 12% bodyfat while intaking a lot of healthy fats, like nuts and avocado as well as what some may still view as less healthy fats, such as full fat dairy. I was also having a reasonable amount of carbs and at times, up to 160g of protein per day. Probably as much down to the intensity of my training as anything though, that I could get away with eating 3500 calories a day or more, and not gain anything. Most likely, the medication that had me gain a shitload of weight, has lowered my metabolism for the time being.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #639 on: September 14, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »

It's interesting how different bodies react so differently to various diets. I actually got to 12% bodyfat while intaking a lot of healthy fats, like nuts and avocado as well as what some may still view as less healthy fats, such as full fat dairy. I was also having a reasonable amount of carbs and at times, up to 160g of protein per day. Probably as much down to the intensity of my training as anything though, that I could get away with eating 3500 calories a day or more, and not gain anything. Most likely, the medication that had me gain a shitload of weight, has lowered my metabolism for the time being.
Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there.  Pity the medical establishment  is so unwilling to take it on boarsd that different bodies also react very differentlt to different drugs. I'm sure my  metabolism has always been really slow,   due to the fat-conversion problem; and most  of those psychotropic drugs tip  it  right over the edge, so that I'm sleeping all the time and feeling like shit when I'm awake. never mind if it doern't list "drowsy" as a side-effect (the ones that do, are even worse) .What's more  most other drugs have unexpected effects on me, from no therapeutic effect to highly exaggerated therapeutic effect.  Nothing seems to do me any good besides stimulants and I can get those from the corner shop(caffeine and nicotine) . I'm now , literally allergic to almost everything else, which doesn't feel dreadfully tragic. I'm thinking "Good. they can now stop pretending they know what they're doing, and go experiment on somebody else"  :green:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 05:07:42 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2016, 05:45:42 PM »
Must admit though, I hated it when the trainer told me I was stronger than most women. I was outdoing the guys in some of the classes. You know, there is this stereotype that women are meant to be physically weaker and all of that crap. Taken me a long time to get past that.

Me as well. WolFish keeps grinding away at that corner of my brain.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2016, 10:05:32 PM »

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there.  Pity the medical establishment  is so unwilling to take it on boarsd that different bodies also react very differentlt to different drugs. I'm sure my  metabolism has always been really slow,   due to the fat-conversion problem; and most  of those psychotropic drugs tip  it  right over the edge, so that I'm sleeping all the time and feeling like shit when I'm awake. never mind if it doern't list "drowsy" as a side-effect (the ones that do, are even worse) .What's more  most other drugs have unexpected effects on me, from no therapeutic effect to highly exaggerated therapeutic effect.  Nothing seems to do me any good besides stimulants and I can get those from the corner shop(caffeine and nicotine) . I'm now , literally allergic to almost everything else, which doesn't feel dreadfully tragic. I'm thinking "Good. they can now stop pretending they know what they're doing, and go experiment on somebody else"  :green:

Yup, I seem to get terrible effects with most meds now, Cymbala obviously being the last one... I mean, in the sense I stopped caring about anything at all was a relief for a while, from the daily anger fits, but on the other hand, I was not going out and was getting more and more unfit and unhealthy. I was always tired too. Prozac makes me more aggressive so that is out. I don't think there is any med that could simply disable my anger without disabling other things. I guess the gym will have to do for now, and trying to bring things into my life that give me some sense of achievement...which is where a lot of my anger stems from... feeling useless and without purpose.

I cannot tolerate stimulants either, lol. I have to avoid caffeine, other than weak tea, or my anxiety shoots right up.

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #642 on: September 14, 2016, 10:07:27 PM »

Me as well. WolFish keeps grinding away at that corner of my brain.

Yah, and this gym attracts a lot of students... you know, young girls who are already very small and in good shape, lol. It is hard not to compare oneself. That said though, my trainer was always unimpressed by those who came in and worked out with a full face of makeup and the new gym gear, without putting any effort in.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #643 on: September 15, 2016, 04:35:22 AM »
[
Yah, and this gym attracts a lot of students... you know, young girls who are already very small and in good shape, lol. It is hard not to compare oneself. That said though, my trainer was always unimpressed by those who came in and worked out with a full face of makeup and the new gym gear, without putting any effort in.

Well , their make-up would  run if they worked up a sweat wouldn't it? Meh. Our culture is way too superficial, hence the woprship of youth and the daft  quest for eternal youth.  Givbven that it's mostly women that are expected to devote themselves to beomng a ptretyty little airhead all their life, it's bloody  sexist too. That said, i note that boys are increasingly  jumping on that bandwagon., FFS. *sigh* It's a loser's game- l;iterally. I mean, you can't get better at it, can you? you can only get worse at it, as time erodes all the progress you make. Don't be cowed by them , graelwyn, just thank your lucky stars you're not that stupid.  Wjhat the heck have those girls got to look forward to?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #644 on: September 15, 2016, 05:29:09 AM »
  Yesterday was a day off, but my workplace was short a dishwasher, and the
  new dishwasher needed to be trained, so I went in for two hours to help!  :multitask:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"