Author Topic: This just in - JESUS can help us with our AS!!!!  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
This just in - JESUS can help us with our AS!!!!
« on: October 07, 2006, 02:56:25 PM »
on this page

http://www.watchofthelord.com/testimonies-insert.asp

"I want to share my testimony of faith. I have been coming to All Nations Church in Fort Mill since August when my three children and I moved from N.Y. this past year. My greatest expectations could not have held all that the Lord has begun in the lives of my children and in my heart since being faithful in this move! In September Pastor Mahesh called out during ministry time that there was someone with a child that was developmentally disabled was diagnosed as autistic. I went up for prayer for my 4 year old son who has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome (a form of autism) who also has a seizure disorder and is developmentally delayed. The team had me get my son, and the word spoken over him was that it was going to be a progressive healing. I have indeed watched the Lord begin to manifest His Glorious healing Presence over the past few months! In fact the children’s worship leader told me what a change they were seeing in him!  Amy P., SC     Added 2/1/2005

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: This just in - JESUS can help us with our AS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:58:39 PM »
:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »
How much money do they want to try to extract from vulnerable parents to pay for this "miracle"?

::)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 03:09:44 PM »
My parents love that guy.  They went to see him and he had them falling over and speaking in tongues.  Apparently gold light shines from head, although it only happens when hes in a room with all believers.

thepeaguy

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
Religiously patronising a person because of his disability background contradicts Christian values and principles, does it not?

I'm getting rather bored with the discrimination among autistics. If you can speak, and show less developmental delays as you get older, you're somehow mildly autistic. If you're a "low-functioner", you're inferior to those labeled with the so-called AS label from the so-called autistic spectrum.

And so on and so on.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 03:14:42 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PM »
My parents love that guy.  They went to see him and he had them falling over and speaking in tongues.  Apparently gold light shines from head, although it only happens when hes in a room with all believers.

I don't mean to insult him if your parents love him, but I have become cynical of many of these faith healing religious leaders.  From my point of view, the gold light shining from his head and his followers falling over and speaking in tongues could be mass hysteria.  

I read a follow-up study that had someone go around and talk to people who were supposedly faith healed some time later and most of them were not really healed of anything, except maybe pain, but only from their pain for a short time.  I think many of these faith healing relgious leaders prey on the weak and vulnerable and take money and even more importantly time away from the people they supposedly faith heal.  If someone has operable cancer but believes that they have been healed by their faith, it would show a lack of faith to be followed up by their regular doctor, so often they are not followed up until it is too late for conventional medicine to help them.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 04:50:51 PM »
If i had a choice, i'd sooner have jesus help me on my irritible bowel syndrome.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 07:11:59 PM »
well maybe golden light is better than medication and other stupid cures, though they better not try to perform any exorcisms or i'll kick their asses... >:(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 07:40:02 PM »
Ach we had Jehovahs at the door the other day and let me tell you, they were damn lucky i didnt answer the door, and my mum did instead. They have a new angle and "material" which is aimed at people with stress, emotional probs, mental/psychological conditions and the like, it was rather nasty indeed and some of their bullshit seemed as if they were slightly influenced by the scientology nonsense regarding anti-psychotic medication and anti-depressants etc, apparently you dont need it because if you seek refuge in their faith, Jehova will sheild you from stress etc etc, only those who are non-believers are afflicted with stress blablabla. Thankfully mother finally did the listen im not into that way of thinking, people and faiths like yours are enough to make anyone become an atheist, but have a nice day and then shut the door.

I was in bed in that half awake yet half asleep stasis (as in you can hear and you've got replies etc and your like ok im getting up and gonna fulfill this task but you realise your not properly awake, your trying to will yourself to get up but it doesnt happen, your like ok im getting up, nope, yep im getting up now but you just end up falling asleep again) by the time i finally got myself up they had left, i was  sort of disappointed i wasnt up properly when they came to the door, i could have had so much fun with those morons.

They dont normally come around our way (since the people around here arent slow complaining about canvassers at the doors etc) i was rather surprised when i heard them at the door sprouting their bull.

If i had a choice, i'd sooner have jesus help me on my irritible bowel syndrome.

LOL +1 for you dear Nomaken. ;)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 07:55:04 PM »
I used to be a Jehovah Witness Myself HG. ;)

What do You have a problem with them just asking?
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 02:17:39 AM »
When I was a teen being forced to go to church, the one thing that upset me the most was the sheer materialism of these people.  On their healing drives and church visits Everything is geared to sell merchandise - books, CDs, videos of their sermons, and of course you have to pay a pretty dollar to go their seminars.   This is the Pentecostal denomination.

duncvis

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »

I do. Proselytising is really fucking arrogant IMO. And preying on people with issues to get converts is just twisted.

thepeaguy

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 08:02:29 AM »

I do. Proselytising is really fucking arrogant IMO. And preying on people with issues to get converts is just twisted.

They did that with my grandmother after grampy died. Selfish assholes.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 08:04:25 AM »
I'm getting rather bored with the discrimination among autistics. If you can speak, and show less developmental delays as you get older, you're somehow mildly autistic. If you're a "low-functioner", you're inferior to those labeled with the so-called AS label from the so-called autistic spectrum.

And so on and so on.

I wouldn't say inferior or superior, but I would honestly say Aspies and HF Auties are "luckier" in most ways.  Does that seem a little more fair?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 12:04:27 PM »

Yes Dunc i agree and the way they do behave and the things they say actually scares alot of people, its very wrong, especially theyre new angle. However i am also of the opinion canvassers wiether they be jehovahs, mormons or whatever going round peoples doors trying to forcefeed them "their idea of faith" and the like in general is out of order. Its wrong and theres no need for it, its all about control, people should be allowed to find their way and their definition of spirituality and faith on their own (whatever that may be) without these persistant looneys trying to convert and mentally manipulate them.

I notice the way you said "used to be" Kevv, any particular reason for that? ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 01:00:39 PM by Hypnotica_Gaze »