Educational

Author Topic: Your social history  (Read 288 times)

Offline General Razorbeard

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
Your social history
« on: October 25, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »
Unlike 75%+ of all autistic people, I was/am very social and outgoing, I had 4-5 friends in my childhood, and we did lots of stuff, in my earlier teens I had fewer friends, and I didn't chat on MSN or Facebook, but many people choose not to, and they lose more and more friends the older they get, except on Facebook of course, and now I mostly use the internet to communicate and be social, which I will do in the future too.

Offline General Razorbeard

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
Re: Your social history
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 07:15:12 AM »
Most retarded, mentally unstable/insane, autistic people etc. don't have that much of a social life, but I do.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
 :plus: for mental instability.

Insanity is never boring.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 08:44:54 AM »
Most retarded, mentally unstable/insane, autistic people etc. don't have that much of a social life, but I do.

You are one of the most retarded autistic people I know so I think you can actually compare yourself well with other similarly "retarded, mentally unstable/insane, autistic people". I am glad you fin yourself compared well to them.
To be honest reading such threads is like watching someone with multiple personalities have a conversation with themselves.

But anyhow I am interrupting your stream of consciousness.

You were saying something about mentally unstable and retarded...
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

As usual, generalizations from the General. 

In many cases it's not the handicapped person who choses to be socially isolated, but parents who fail to realize the capabilities of their child or parents worn frazzled taking their child to the different functions.

Our daughter has mental retardation.  In the "Bad, Terrible, Horrible, Evil" USA there are numerous social outlets for handicapped people.  The Down Syndrome local organizations have events.  Our local government has an adult social group for special needs adults. There are 2 private social clubs with waiting lists for members.  Sports activities include Special Olympics, Cerebral Palsy swim team, at least 3 bowling leagues (with waiting lists)

The special school that the Princess Royal attended had a spring dance, cheerleading, a fashion show, student council, sports, choir and bells, and Best Buddies where average high school students go to plays, holiday parties, baseball and basketball games, etc. with the students.

And all this is available in the very non-progressive Deep South.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
^ It is true that most autistic people etc don't have much of a social life though

I was more social as a kid and young teenager. When I was 12-13 I used to go out with "friends" to the park and stuff quite a lot. Late teens I had no social life. Right now I don't have much of a social life either really

richard

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 09:26:55 AM »
i have no social life. i spend time with my collections, and stimulating activitys  :M

Offline kaileen

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 09:34:43 AM »
i have no social life. i spend time with my collections, and masturbating  :M

:D

"Me divierto en arrancar del pecho mi mismo corazón...

un cadáver más qué importa al mundo?"