Educational

Author Topic: My Crime  (Read 510 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: My Crime
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 06:43:39 AM »

I like the fact that you noted "thinking" about housework.

If I got credit for "thinking"  about all the house work I COULD be doing while enjoying my music I would be like the husband of the century.
 :tard:

I think about housework a lot too.  I'm thinking about it right now.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 11:36:07 AM »
Mad, Mad, etc, is the older of the two. 1963 vs 1964, I think. Technically speaking, it was an effort to introduce the single-strip Cinerama format to replace the costly and cumbersome three-strip format with, while I think West was the last real Cinerama production (could have been the Grimm Brothers, though, but can't be arsed to check).

Thank you.  Just as I was going to sleep it popped into my mind that is was Mad, Mad, Mad World.  I was remembering "the Big W".  Amazing what the mind does at 1:20 a.m.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »
I think you lot manage to convince each other that you experience something or the other in 3D but in the end you can't be arsed with the silly glasses. That's why it never lasts.

Nah, I was making fun of your statement that you "do not believe." Kind of like that you do not believe in flying saucers, etc.

"BUT, I have seen them!!  They are REAL!!"

I think I mentioned earlier that I believe that 3D is bullshit.

What I do not get is the why, as to how it is still being produced and in some cases, accepted.

They've stopped making 3D TVs, though, haven't they? Or did I misunderstand?

NO, you do understand correctly. The last of the "hold outs"  was Sony and they have not supported 3D this year nor the past. However they do still produce what is considered to be the best high-end 3D projector, ever, for home theater use.

:zombiefuck:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 12:40:17 AM »
Mad, Mad, etc, is the older of the two. 1963 vs 1964, I think. Technically speaking, it was an effort to introduce the single-strip Cinerama format to replace the costly and cumbersome three-strip format with, while I think West was the last real Cinerama production (could have been the Grimm Brothers, though, but can't be arsed to check).

Thank you.  Just as I was going to sleep it popped into my mind that is was Mad, Mad, Mad World.  I was remembering "the Big W".  Amazing what the mind does at 1:20 a.m.

I have a projectionist friend who considers Mad, Mad, etc to be the greatest movie ever made.

But then, we tend to rank films on their technical merits rather than details like plot. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 12:41:54 AM »
I think you lot manage to convince each other that you experience something or the other in 3D but in the end you can't be arsed with the silly glasses. That's why it never lasts.

Nah, I was making fun of your statement that you "do not believe." Kind of like that you do not believe in flying saucers, etc.

"BUT, I have seen them!!  They are REAL!!"

I think I mentioned earlier that I believe that 3D is bullshit.

What I do not get is the why, as to how it is still being produced and in some cases, accepted.

They've stopped making 3D TVs, though, haven't they? Or did I misunderstand?

NO, you do understand correctly. The last of the "hold outs"  was Sony and they have not supported 3D this year nor the past. However they do still produce what is considered to be the best high-end 3D projector, ever, for home theater use.

:zombiefuck:

My 2012 Panasonic plasma TV wakes up every now and then, claiming to have detected a 3D signal.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »

Possible. There is still a good deal of content out there, according to one of my most enthusiastic customers.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 12:59:11 AM »

Possible. There is still a good deal of content out there, according to one of my most enthusiastic customers.

False positives, though. The software seems to trigger on a certain kind of image.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »

YUCK! False positives are evil.
 :grrr:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2017, 01:11:39 PM »

That applies elsewhere in life too.  False positive STD tests, pregnancy tests ...  :zombiefuck:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »

That applies elsewhere in life too.  False positive STD tests, pregnancy tests ...  :zombiefuck:

Misreading lottery numbers
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2017, 03:47:05 PM »

Misreading lottery numbers

Oh hell yeah, that one's the worst!  :-[

People forget.