Educational

Author Topic: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread
« Reply #270 on: December 24, 2018, 02:12:02 AM »
I've never really been a dog person. I can't really explain it, other than that are so....full of social spoons. Way, way too full of social spoons.

I'm  a cat person, I always have been, given the choice between the two, I'd take  a moggie any day. The  four legged furry kind  I mean. A lot of time spent with a dog, would probably leave me wanting a couple of the kind of  moggies  that come as round, white beveled disks with a score line down the middle in  a shallow 'v' shape. And then to crawl under the duvet and get comfy on my sofa.Without any canine pestering.

I have  had a dog,  once. When I was really young. The dog in question, renamed Sasha, a black and tan skinny something or other. Looked  like what you'd get if you had  the colours of a rotteweiler or dobermann, black and tan, with the breed of a whippet or greyhound.Only not quite so lean and thin, not when  healthy, as a greyhound, but still very gracile. Not sure if  it was a breed, or like calandale, and just a mongrel :tard:

But she was  way, way too thin. Like a fucking stick,  something nobody ever threw her but me, I'm damn sure of that much.   Because the bastards who 'owned' her just chucked  her  out on the street to fend for herself all  day, and  sometimes let her 'home' some nights.

I wonder if they even knew I'd nicked their dog, befriended her, then fucked off with her once she  trusted me, never to return again to those fucking  shiteating swine. I'm really not a dog person. BUT, I just WILL NOT stand for it, when it comes to animal cruelty and/or neglect.  Fuck no. I have a very, very short fuse when it comes  to animal abusers, and if it blows, things can get ugly pretty damn quickly.

Anyhow, I spent time getting her to trust me, making sure I brought food  for her where she had none otherwise, so she hadn't the need to scavenge in desperation. Water, of course, clean and decent. Then got her a new collar and nametag, trained her to respond to a new given name, and brought her home.  Yes, it was bald-faced, outright theft. If one considers an animal 'property', I don't, not in that sense. Although that doesn't mean I'd not take it out on someone for stealing or harming a pet of mine. I see them not as owned THINGS, but companions, or else if its a pet of a kind that doesn't comprehend much less ever exhibit companionship, then an interesting creature to me, who's welfare and needs I choose to take upon myself to fulfill in return for providing me with interest in science and observation. (NOT vivisective type science, but their habits, things like venom chemistry and potential uses of their venom or constituents in the case of venomous animals.)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #271 on: December 24, 2018, 04:59:38 AM »
Kayleigh and I haven't bought any of our three cats. They've either been unwanted or stray.

And QV, I'm pretty sure I don't look like Wonder Woman! Have always thought that Eclair might have that look though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #272 on: December 24, 2018, 07:52:29 AM »

Nope. You forgot cats.
Cat's use eye contact differently though and communicate more with the rest of the of their body language vs their eyes.

I think that maybe the instinctive hyper-predatory nature of cats makes them a unique case.
I do know that cats I have known only a few dozen or so, so a small sampling of nature, always use their eyes to communicate, even among each other. I had one kitten that could scare off a hoard of hungry cats, even fully adult ones, from a community feeding area with just his eyes. I few months later the same with a calico female. Tiny kittens controlling a huge bunch of cats with their eyes.

My cat will sit for half an hour while I am doing things and her gaze never shifts- I can see her in my peripheral vision and as soon as I look intently at her she will ask for her turn to what ever she wants all with just her eyes. Of course once she has my attention, she will bring in all her other faculties to make her case and lobby for her wants being met.

I am not so sure that any other non-predatory animals do this kind of thing. Dogs and cats though are intently attuned to humans they live with and they know how to "train us"  in some ways to get what they want.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:54:06 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #273 on: September 02, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »
Kayleigh and I haven't bought any of our three cats. They've either been unwanted or stray.

And QV, I'm pretty sure I don't look like Wonder Woman! Have always thought that Eclair might have that look though.

Eclair is delicious!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2019, 08:58:46 PM »
I couldn't find the thread for I2 members you have actually met so here goes.

I met Calandale in early August and spent the day hanging out and drinking with him.

I also spent a few minutes with him at his house. He lives in an A framed house that it totally glassed in on the eastern side and is on a hill. The views from there are so spectacular you wouldn't believe it!! You can see most of the southern Willamette Valley on a clear day.

Anyways, we hopped from brewery to brewery sampling the best local beers along with some imports. We talked about a whore range of subjects but concentrated on historical and philosophical topics.

All and all he's a pretty interesting guy to hang out with.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2019, 09:11:22 PM »
We talked about a whore range of subjects

O_o

Sounds great, wish I could have been there. I probably would have talked about something else but that's just me.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2019, 09:15:19 PM »

I met Calandale in early August and spent the day hanging out and drinking with him.

I also spent a few minutes with him at his house. He lives in an A framed house that it totally glassed in on the eastern side and is on a hill. The views from there are so spectacular you wouldn't believe it!! You can see most of the southern Willamette Valley on a clear day.

Anyways, we hopped from brewery to brewery sampling the best local beers along with some imports. We talked about a whore range of subjects but concentrated on historical and philosophical topics.

Was that a Freudian slip?

I've seen a video of Calandale's house and it looked pretty cool. I wouldn't mind living in a place like that.

Edit: Mosw got in before me, heh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 09:16:51 PM by renaeden »
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2019, 10:44:43 PM »
Yeah, Cal has an awesome house. I don't remember him saying that the views were that nice.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2020, 03:53:24 PM »

Was that a Freudian slip?

:lol1: Apparently so. I wasn't drunk when I typed that but my fingers were shitfaced.   :green:

I've seen a video of Calandale's house and it looked pretty cool. I wouldn't mind living in a place like that.

I've never seen a video that shows the view to the east from the inside but maybe I missed it.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2020, 09:03:30 PM »
It showed mostly the inside of the house, not the view. I imagine cleaning all that glass would be hard work!
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2020, 10:36:59 PM »
It showed mostly the inside of the house, not the view. I imagine cleaning all that glass would be hard work!

This video shows the east side of the house but you can't really get any of the view.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #281 on: July 01, 2020, 05:22:53 AM »
I still think we should have a big shindig and all haang out. We could even just do a virtual party, like Zoom or something.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #282 on: July 01, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »
Somebody else suggested Zoom a while back. :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #283 on: July 01, 2020, 02:25:22 PM »
We couldn't get over the time zone gap.  :P
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #284 on: July 01, 2020, 10:17:20 PM »
We couldn't get over the time zone gap.  :P
not exactly. it was more like the time zone gap was raised...
....and it transpired that no-one could be arsed to try and work out a decent compromise  and host the thing .  i wou;dn't exactly blame the time zone gap for that though  :laugh: more of a case of "Oh?  there's a bit of a hurdle here? sorry guys, i'm a sprinter not a jumper", whch was already a pre-existing problem .

My take on the time-zone issue is this:  a bunch of folk who are mostly working at ho,e, worjing irrefular hours  or else not working at all;  and who (mostly)  can't keep regu;ar sleeping hours;  meeting at stupid oçlock (for some time zones)  shouldn;t be that much of a problem .Ii think it should be a damned sight easier than trying to organise an RL meeting in Britain, for example.  That loses the time zone problem , but without losing the problem that different folk have different schedules. and gains the problem that travel takes time,costs money and public transport freaks some of us out. Turns out here's no working out a compromise between hard-presssed folk who won;t venture outside London and drivers who  (very sensibly) won't venture inside London. etceteras , etceteras.

I've personally tried that one. Twice, It was a roaring sucess with a different group, but I just had tp throw in the towel with our bunch, once it came rto the point that i clear;y couldn't get more than two people to agree on anything at all. 

I think what i'd do with this one is pick out the folk who had the least wiggle-room  (eg Pyraxis : sngle parent with a toddler , full-time job and babysitter  problems, living in Canada) find out what times thry can make it, and maybe set up two alternate meetings based round their needs; then hope and trust that the rest of us could, if interested enough. manage  come in on on one or even booth ogf those alternatives. And if not, tough.  Can't please everyone, wouldn't even try to please everyone, not again.

But I figure it was definitely someone e;se's turn now, and nobody volunteered.

I almost softened , TBH,  but have since been persauded that a paid Zoom account is needed for hosting. Which costs getting on for 12 GBP per month  :o.  I'm not sure, TBH. I've been at a few meetings where Zoom decided, when it came to it,  to extend the host's free 40 minutes indefinitely . I've never been at a meeting where Zoom c;osed it at the end of that 40 minutes.  Have heard people say ït's not a problem when that happens, you just start a new meeting" but, h,mmm,  well,  that's another hurdlefor our delicate, thoroughbred sprinters to baulk at, isn;t it?  :laugh: So if aybody has a paid zoom account already...? I, for one, really can't afford that 12 GPB per month.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:21:33 PM by Walkie »