Author Topic: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread  (Read 9375 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: All-New Which I2 Member Do You Want To Meet IRL thread
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2018, 07:43:55 AM »

Nope. You forgot cats.
Cat's use eye contact differently though and communicate more with the rest of the of their body language vs their eyes.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2018, 04:07:39 PM »
Um, dislike?

Her name is Josie, which I think is a cool name. Nice looking mix of a dog, too.

I'm betting it's more about her being insecure and suspicious towards anyone outside her family.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
Um, dislike?

Her name is Josie, which I think is a cool name. Nice looking mix of a dog, too.

I'm betting it's more about her being insecure and suspicious towards anyone outside her family.
This. It's her insecurity and not you as a person. My dogs are very secure and open in a multitude of environments and there's only two people they've met so far that don't like, and they turned out being right about both of them :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
Um, dislike?

This. It's her insecurity and not you as a person. My dogs are very secure and open in a multitude of environments and there's only two people they've met so far that don't like, and they turned out being right about both of them :laugh:
Hmm, I think she was abused as well, before coming to my friend's family. I'm not part of the pack and so treated with suspicion. I'm harmless though, and I'll never hurt or provoke her so she'll just have to deal.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2018, 03:59:17 AM »
Um, dislike?

Hmm, I think she was abused as well, before coming to my friend's family. I'm not part of the pack and so treated with suspicion. I'm harmless though, and I'll never hurt or provoke her so she'll just have to deal.

Abuse would enhance the insecurity, of course.

My dog is very suspicious of outsiders by her very nature. It's a well-known characteristic of the breed. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it means we constantly have to train her to cope.

And this particular individual feels more than a little autistic. She came to the right place. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #260 on: December 23, 2018, 04:10:43 AM »
Um, dislike?

Abuse would enhance the insecurity, of course.

My dog is very suspicious of outsiders by her very nature. It's a well-known characteristic of the breed. I'm not exactly sure why this is, but it means we constantly have to train her to cope.

And this particular individual feels more than a little autistic. She came to the right place. :laugh:

That is so darn cute.  She's a lucky girl to have people who understand her. :heart:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #261 on: December 23, 2018, 10:18:04 AM »

I am very saddened that you feel this way.
I think if you get a puppy, you will grow some and you will have a best friend for life. Since you are a little bit more intelligent than a dog, it falls to you to make sure that both your needs are met.
Once you get to know a dog well, you will begin to know how deeply ingrained a dog's pack instinct is and witnessing pack behavior first hand you may come to know that you are not really a master, but a leader of their pack. They do worship the leaders of their packs, even lick their leaders' junk and assholes, but only so long as that leader continues to do everything the other members of the pack need.

Dogs ARE faithful. You have to kind of fuck up to lose a dog's faith.  The same goes for any leader of a dog pack.

Stop trying to make them humans and projecting your human horrors upon them. They are dogs. They are fine living as a part of a pack.

Don't you see that it doesn't matter? It's not the effect on the dog, but rather the improper
relationship for the human?

After thinking a bit more about your previous post, I do get your point a little better. I can not find a way to agree fully, except in some extreme cases, like possibly "coming under the spell" of a loving dog could contribute to complicating day by day management of some of the difficulties inherent to narcissism. 
I feel that what you fear might be true in only some of the more troubled individuals, though.

I still wonder if a great dog might offer a small trickle stream to harmlessly dump some of those narcissistic tendencies with very little recourse to consistent management and no harm to the dog.

I feel that most people can handle being within the "love dome"  of a dog without any ill effects.
Narcissism would be the exception.

Sorry, pal. I may not have looked at your post carefully enough to respond to your meaning, as I already have demonstrated a tendency to do many times on this board.
I tend to want to help and sometimes, even without knowing the whole story.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:19:48 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #262 on: December 23, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »

After thinking a bit more about your previous post, I do get your point a little better. I can not find a way to agree fully, except in some extreme cases, like possibly "coming under the spell" of a loving dog could contribute to complicating day by day management of some of the difficulties inherent to narcissism. 
I feel that what you fear might be true in only some of the more troubled individuals, though.

I'm not worried about the edge cases here; the psychos. I'm worried about the normal folk. But, obviously,
we've long had dogs as pets (not just working dogs), and it's baked into what we are. More a symptom
of something very disturbing in humanity to me. And one which, when faced with that love, is so easy
to ignore.

I feel that most people can handle being within the "love dome"  of a dog without any ill effects.

I've been there too. And I don't think it wrought any terrible changes on me.
But...it seems wrong. I can't even really put my finger on it. Like, a need that
just shouldn't be there. Not parenthood; not a meeting of equals; not a tool;
almost a toy, whose emotions are dependent on you.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #263 on: December 23, 2018, 02:21:35 PM »

I'm not worried about the edge cases here; the psychos. I'm worried about the normal folk. But, obviously,
we've long had dogs as pets (not just working dogs), and it's baked into what we are. More a symptom
of something very disturbing in humanity to me. And one which, when faced with that love, is so easy
to ignore.

I've been there too. And I don't think it wrought any terrible changes on me.
But...it seems wrong. I can't even really put my finger on it. Like, a need that
just shouldn't be there. Not parenthood; not a meeting of equals; not a tool;
almost a toy, whose emotions are dependent on you.
God the psych side of me is finding this super interesting and makes me want to sit down and have a drink with Cal and discuss further. Go figure. :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #264 on: December 23, 2018, 02:54:22 PM »
I don't do the pet thing. No issue with those that do.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: December 23, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »
Although I enjoy the photos members post, I don't really have a strong desire to meet anyone in real life.  I'll just continue to think of the gentlemen as looking like Chris Hemsworth and the ladies as Gael Gaudot.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #266 on: December 23, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
Chris Hemsworth? OMG, we might have been twins!

:P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #267 on: December 23, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
I was in Byron Bay a few months ago. Nobody asked if they could get their photo taken with me. So it's a fairly safe bet that I don't look like Chris Hemsworth.

The only celeb I've been told I look like is John Cleese.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #268 on: December 23, 2018, 10:25:34 PM »
  I don't look like anyone famous.  I look like a benevolent weirdo.  On bad days, I look like a creep. :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #269 on: December 24, 2018, 01:10:53 AM »

God the psych side of me is finding this super interesting and makes me want to sit down and have a drink with Cal and discuss further. Go figure. :laugh:

I've largely given up speaking about such things in person. The thinking doesn't work so well.