Author Topic: OK Kit come on down and be prepared to back your words and every insinuation  (Read 9175 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
What Phlexor said was that it was low to pick on a pregnant woman, which given his perspective as a husband of a six times pregnant wife is very understandable.  I do understand that pregnant women can be judges or anything else they want, but I also remember my husband wound up with IBS dealing with stress when I was pregnant.  Some people tend to go easier on people when they know they are having a harder time IRL, whether that's because they are pregnant, they just had surgery, they just suffered a loss, or whatever reason, and I think that's where Phlexor was coming from.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Yeah, but what kind of cunt has a go at a pregnant woman, you know that it isn't all fun and games being pregnant, unless the reason you aren't married anymore is because you were an oblivious cunt to your ex wife.

I think it says more about your character than hers right now. You made a choice and have to live with the fact of that's how you look towards me now.

I don't imagine you give a shit but I felt I had to say something.

oooppsss...what was that middle bit. That bolded bit right there Eclair. Was that admirable? Concerned? Nothing more or less? Making a point perhaps?

Now way I read it here Eclair and correct me if I am wrong or call my rationale here schoolyard or bullying if you like but in MY book remarks like the above are actually a little personal. You in turn are saying that Saint Phlexor can say whatever personal shit at me and in return I am not able to do that. If I were to do that then by default I would be "low and schoolboyish" and without credibility but he can and makes what? Credible, admirable and concerned points?

Bullshit Eclair. That is not how it works.

Some comes at me personally and I go at them personal. I don't get mad but I see it as a green light to take things to that person level. I am actually all good with that. That is the way it is and you can read it any way you like. You normally do and strange ways they are. I have commented on this before both you and Hardron read things in peculiar ways.

He did not make any real point but then I don't speak dickhead and if you do then that is all good with me too.

Saintt Phlexor. Who would have thought he rise to such a station. Right up there with Mary McKillop. It is a good day for Intensity.

I suspect it did demonstrate his opinion of the little regard he felt you had for your own wife and conveyed his disgust at how he thinks you treat women anyway to make his point.

He was disgusted in your behaviour towards a woman, and used a previous example of his understanding of your behaviour towards women from what I can see.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
What Phlexor said was that it was low to pick on a pregnant woman, which given his perspective as a husband of a six times pregnant wife is very understandable.  I do understand that pregnant women can be judges or anything else they want, but I also remember my husband wound up with IBS dealing with stress when I was pregnant.  Some people tend to go easier on people when they know they are having a harder time IRL, whether that's because they are pregnant, they just had surgery, they just suffered a loss, or whatever reason, and I think that's where Phlexor was coming from.

Maybe. Maybe not. He chose to say what he said how he said it and I will answer him in kind. I see nothing particularly noble in his reaction.
Kit has said herself that she dislikes people not backing themselves or running from an argument. I see it as in line with this that I bought this up and as personal as I may have been to Phlex I don't believe I was so with Kit.
If Kit said at any point that she wanted to drop it, as she has seen before I would have. No questions asked.
This is Intensity and I think Phlex has lost sight of the fact that Kit is a grown woman. she is a long time member, she is here by choice, she is more than capable of answering for herself, she is not his wife.
Furthermore he has had 6 kids and I too. I am not completely oblivious to what pregnancy is. I still do not see the foul.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

Yeah, but what kind of cunt has a go at a pregnant woman, you know that it isn't all fun and games being pregnant, unless the reason you aren't married anymore is because you were an oblivious cunt to your ex wife.

I think it says more about your character than hers right now. You made a choice and have to live with the fact of that's how you look towards me now.

oooppsss...what was that middle bit. That bolded bit right there Eclair. Was that admirable? Concerned? Nothing more or less? Making a point perhaps?

Now way I read it here Eclair and correct me if I am wrong or call my rationale here schoolyard or bullying if you like but in MY book remarks like the above are actually a little personal. You in turn are saying that Saint Phlexor can say whatever personal shit at me and in return I am not able to do that. If I were to do that then by default I would be "low and schoolboyish" and without credibility but he can and makes what? Credible, admirable and concerned points?

Some comes at me personally and I go at them personal. I don't get mad but I see it as a green light to take things to that person level. I am actually all good with that. That is the way it is and you can read it any way you like. You normally do and strange ways they are. I have commented on this before both you and Hardron read things in peculiar ways.

He did not make any real point but then I don't speak dickhead and if you do then that is all good with me too.

Saintt Phlexor. Who would have thought he rise to such a station. Right up there with Mary McKillop. It is a good day for Intensity.

I suspect it did demonstrate his opinion of the little regard he felt you had for your own wife and conveyed his disgust at how he thinks you treat women anyway to make his point.

He was disgusted in your behaviour towards a woman, and used a previous example of his understanding of your behaviour towards women from what I can see.

He has no understanding of what my behaviour is towards women. He simply wanted to get personal. He did and I did. You come in her wanting to commend him for his ability to do so? Fair enough well done. You also believe that me responding in kind is a bad thing? Fair enough.
Whether you think this or not matter very little to me.

You would prefer me to cop shit like that unanswered, and that will never happen. You can be as disappointed or disapproving as you like Eclair. It is not going to change things. Hope that brings things a little clearer for you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

He has no understanding of what my behaviour is towards women. He simply wanted to get personal. He did and I did. You come in her wanting to commend him for his ability to do so? Fair enough well done. You also believe that me responding in kind is a bad thing? Fair enough.

You would prefer me to cop shit like that unanswered, and that will never happen. You can be as disappointed or disapproving as you like Eclair. It is not going to change things. Hope that brings things a little clearer for you.

I'd suggest you do 2 things.

1. Acknowledge you have mistakenly quoted the above as my words (red), when they are in fact Phlexor's.

2. Read my original post. It refers to you using unassociated things to make a point. Phlexor to my mind, was validating his point with a previous example of how he felt you treated women with disgregard previously. In other words, it was relevant to the subject matter.

(oh, and in reference to my point number 2...'using unassociated things to make a point'. My original post was to point that out. But alas...you start on about me thinking Phlexor's a hero...ramble, ramble, ramble)

- And as an aside, for your noble offer to say you would have stopped if Kit had asked you to....well, you had already posted a multitude of shit before she even could respond.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

I'd suggest you do 2 things.

1. Acknowledge you have mistakenly quoted the above as my words (red), when they are in fact Phlexor's.

2. Read my original post. It refers to you using unassociated things to make a point. Phlexor to my mind, was validating his point with a previous example of how he felt you treated women with disgregard previously. In other words, it was relevant to the subject matter.

(oh, and in reference to my point number 2...'using unassociated things to make a point'. My original post was to point that out. But alas...you start on about me thinking Phlexor's a hero...ramble, ramble, ramble)

- And as an aside, for your noble offer to say you would have stopped if Kit had asked you to....well, you had already posted a multitude of shit before she even could respond.

I did not mistakenly quote those words as yours and nor did I suggest they were your's. I did however you it to show that his behaviour was in my view not as you say and why I feel more than OK responding to him personally. Did then, do now.
I did read your post in which you said (here is a quote and I completely hold myself out as you saying them just to be perfectly clear) "However, Plexor's initial post I saw as very nice to be concerned. Nothing more, nothing less." (in fact "admirable concern"). Now my contention to you is that, far from being unreasonable in getting personal with Saint Phlexor, that he CHOOSING to say the above red coloured wording (that was coloured by you and not Saint Phlexor, but that you endorsed as being nicely concerned and admirable, nothing more and nothing less) was in fact a personal attack.

So my contention to you who would chose to view his unsubstantiated personal attacks on me as all noble (parphrased "I saw as very nice to be concerned. Nothing more, nothing less." not saying that you used the term noble of course) and mine as "low and schoolboyish" (yes these were your references) for stooping down to personal attacks.
You have completely eluded that the reality of the situation is that the only other response is to cop it sweet and I don't delude yourself to thinking this would ever happen.

As to your second point and being that Phlex is obviously a large part of my life and know my innermost workings and that of my ex-wife...oh...wait on. You see the problem here? But he sees how I relate to women generally in my everyday...oh...damn. There is a point there somewhere about how he has some understanding of something. What was it? "previous example of how he felt you treated women with disgregard previously" (that was you wasn't it?) You believe that he is some kind of a decent judge on these things or something? Am I close?

I did post a lot of stuff before Kit did. I think it back my point reasonably well and I don't think it was too heavy-handed or brutal and I think she responded well enough. Where the foul is I still can not see. As I said with my posted reply to Callaway.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
^ And this is how you respond when someone points out (as I said, refer to my first and succinct post), that you, in fact started getting defensive on something that was intended as care and concern for a member.

I DID NOT necessarily endorse Phlexor's comments about your marriage. I SAID that he used it perhaps as a way to demonstrate how disgusted he was at your behaviour at Kit, and used his opinion on a previous situation where he believed you demonstrated similar behaviour.

I would even question that he used it to hurt you perse, but rather show how disgusted he was with your attitude towards Kit.

As to your second point and being that Phlex is obviously a large part of my life and know my innermost workings and that of my ex-wife...oh...wait on. You see the problem here? But he sees how I relate to women generally in my everyday...oh...damn. There is a point there somewhere about how he has some understanding of something. What was it? "previous example of how he felt you treated women with disgregard previously" (that was you wasn't it?) You believe that he is some kind of a decent judge on these things or something? Am I close?

I did post a lot of stuff before Kit did. I think it back my point reasonably well and I don't think it was too heavy-handed or brutal and I think she responded well enough. Where the foul is I still can not see. As I said with my posted reply to Callaway.

That's between you and he to sort out if you think he took advantage of personal information. Perhaps you should have addressed that directly?

You believe that he is some kind of a decent judge on these things or something? Am I close?

No, I just think you shot down a man who was trying to bring to your attention that you might be misguided in starting something with Kit. I don't think he deserved to be shot down for that.

And no, just because I think someone's heart was in the right place, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with them. If I observe what went on, it seems he was shocked by your arrogance and perhaps thought having a go at your marriage was a shot at getting across how low he thought your respect for women was.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
^ And this is how you respond when someone points out (as I said, refer to my first and succinct post), that you, in fact started getting defensive on something that was intended as care and concern for a member.

I DID NOT necessarily endorse Phlexor's comments about your marriage. I SAID that he used it perhaps as a way to demonstrate how disgusted he was at your behaviour at Kit, and used his opinion on a previous situation where he believed you demonstrated similar behaviour.

I would even question that he used it to hurt you perse, but rather show how disgusted he was with your attitude towards Kit.

That's between you and he to sort out if you think he took advantage of personal information. Perhaps you should have addressed that directly?

You believe that he is some kind of a decent judge on these things or something? Am I close?

No, I just think you shot down a man who was trying to bring to your attention that you might be misguided in starting something with Kit. I don't think he deserved to be shot down for that.

And no, just because I think someone's heart was in the right place, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with them. If I observe what went on, it seems he was shocked by your arrogance and perhaps thought having a go at your marriage was a shot at getting across how low he thought your respect for women was.

He hasn't hurt me and he hasn't taken advantage of personal information. I don't see where you are getting this.
I was not being arrogant or defensive. Again I will state and I hope this is making some kind of sense this time around that he WAS getting personal regardless of what kind of moral high horse he rode in on, and as a result I got personal back and OF COURSE he deserved to get shot of the damn thing. Again if someone gets personal with you, you ought not meekly take it. That would be fucking ridiculous. I am mind-boggled that you would think of it as such.

If someone malign you as a parent (personal attack - with me) for whatever reason (heart in the right place or not) I would not find it at all "low and schoolgirlish" for you to counter this in a like personal manner. tat for fat I say.

You have chosen though to say this of my behaviour. His behaviour, what exactly have you said there?

Yup don't try to say that this was an impartial viewpoint, or that you were not supporting his right to say whatever, and denouncing my right to respond in kind. It wasn't and you really ought not need this pointed out because it is as clear as clear.

If we can not respond to people getting personal with us then where the hell am I? I thought I was at I2 and I thought people knew what the hell this place is for and what was expected repartee? You and Saint Phlexor should know better.

If Phlexor wanted to take a shot to prove some point of his, he has tried it fully knowing what he was doing and being prepared to be reacted on. He got reacted on and there is no foul.

But perhaps to spell it out for me. Tell me if someone attacked you personally what would you have done? Same setting. Go hard Eclair and tell me how you would have played patty-cake with them or told them that you felt their pain or sung a couple of choruses of Kumbaya.

BTW I am "shocked by HIS arrogance" and his low view of Kit and her ability to defend a viewpoint, because she is Kit "we are talking about" or because she is pregnant. I find it insulting.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:06:28 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Your post reads to me as if you did know him IRL.

BTW I am "shocked by HIS arrogance" and his low view of Kit and her ability to defend a viewpoint, because she is Kit "we are talking about" or because she is pregnant. I find it insulting.

And he was shocked by YOUR arrogance. Get it now?

I'm going to take this to another level because YOU are trying to imply that Phlexor insinuated a pregnant women is somehow 'inferior' (or insert whatever term you wish to mean 'pregnant women are strong and capable')

Firstly. Kit has already admitted that she can become quite upset and obsess on internet dramas anyway. Why throw a red flag to a bull, when she doesn't need that shit in her life whilst pregnant and has problems ignoring it?

Or maybe Les, you are so obsessed, that yes, even though this site is all about backing words, that sometimes it really IS best to bite your tongue for the wellbeing of a member.

Secondly, it is clear she did not tell people she was pregnant straight away. What does that mean? She wanted to be sure the baby was certain, she didn't want special treatment, not sure...it's surely better to err on the side of caution though because she's had a difficult time with pregnancy before, and Phlexor was trying to bring your attention to that.

And just in case you and your supporters are so sure that Kit could take it, I suggest you read the posts here, and in particular Kit's;

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,14835.new.html#new
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 05:29:41 AM by Eclair »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

I'm going to take this to another level because YOU are trying to imply that Phlexor insinuated a pregnant women is somehow 'inferior' (or insert whatever term you wish to mean 'pregnant women are strong and capable')

Firstly. Kit has already admitted that she can become quite upset and obsess on internet dramas anyway. Why throw a red flag to a bull, when she doesn't need that shit in her life whilst pregnant and has problems ignoring it?

Or maybe Les, you are so obsessed, that yes, even though this site is all about backing words, that sometimes it really IS best to bite your tongue for the wellbeing of a member.

Secondly, it is clear she did not tell people she was pregnant straight away. What does that mean? She wanted to be sure the baby was certain, she didn't want special treatment, not sure...it's surely better to err on the side of caution though because she's had a difficult time with pregnancy before, and Phlexor was trying to bring your attention to that.

And just in case you and your supporters are so sure that Kit could take it, I suggest you read the posts here, and in particular Kit's;

"Get it now?". No not really because arrogant or not I would not have used it as an excuse for a lowball personal attack, so no.

I am insinuating that with Phlex bringing up her pregnancy as a precursor for not calling out a member AND him mentioning that "it is Kit we are talking about". Neither of which I say is a precursor to not.

But perhaps you can make a list of all members on Intensity that we are never allowed to argue with. I will start it for you

KIT.....

It is never best to bite your tongue from lowball personal attacks. Never. Don't try to convince me otherwise. Saint Phlexor copped what he deserved and no less.

She stated categorically that she did not want special treatment so let's not err on the side of caution what ever that means.
Furthermore let's say that whilst I haven't read the thread you posted and won't as you are trying to being it up as something I ought to have known and acted on after the case I can tell you categorically that I have seen her say a number of times things to the effect (Some posted in this thread) that she does love gossip, She does love drama and she hates people that run from arguments and don't back their claim.

But hey that is me out the way.
You still haven't explained your position on whether you should defend yourself from personal attacks and whether in doing so makes you "low and schoolgirlish" (yes I will keep an eye on every tie you do so from here on in if you say to the contrary and raise it up for you to hoist you back up on a moral high horse if you do) and whether someone insulting you in such a manner is "admirable",
You could do this next post along with that members to be excluded from any argument list. Best that we are all on the same page here wouldn't you think?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

"Get it now?". No not really because arrogant or not I would not have used it as an excuse for a lowball personal attack, so no.

I am insinuating that with Phlex bringing up her pregnancy as a precursor for not calling out a member AND him mentioning that "it is Kit we are talking about". Neither of which I say is a precursor to not.

But perhaps you can make a list of all members on Intensity that we are never allowed to argue with. I will start it for you

KIT.....

It is never best to bite your tongue from lowball personal attacks. Never. Don't try to convince me otherwise. Saint Phlexor copped what he deserved and no less.

She stated categorically that she did not want special treatment so let's not err on the side of caution what ever that means.
Furthermore let's say that whilst I haven't read the thread you posted and won't as you are trying to being it up as something I ought to have known and acted on after the case I can tell you categorically that I have seen her say a number of times things to the effect (Some posted in this thread) that she does love gossip, She does love drama and she hates people that run from arguments and don't back their claim.

You still haven't explained your position on whether you should defend yourself from personal attacks and whether in doing so makes you "low and schoolgirlish" (yes I will keep an eye on every tie you do so from here on in if you say to the contrary and raise it up for you to hoist you back up on a moral high horse if you do) and whether someone insulting you in such a manner is "admirable",
You could do this next post along with that members to be excluded from any argument list. Best that we are all on the same page here wouldn't you think?

Shall it go with your list of what is and isn't acceptable behaviour? (ie; as the topic of your thread suggests that Kit's behaviour is untoward and she should back up her words and every insult?)

Once again....your diversionary tactics don't work.

A man who defends a woman with honest and sincere intentions, does not deserve to be called a fat cunt, insulted that because he is fat doesn't mean he can relate to being pregnant, unemployed etc etc. You lowered yourself. Totally.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

KIT.....

Shall it go with your list of what is and isn't acceptable behaviour? (ie; as the topic of your thread suggests that Kit's behaviour is untoward and she should back up her words and every insult?) [/quote}

Yes tell us what is not acceptable on I2 with long standing members I implore you

Once again....your diversionary tactics don't work.

Not at all. I can't see where you are coming to and the questions I ask seem like it would give us all a god basis for Intensity squared code of conduct from a moral stalwart like yourself. You know these things and these are what you are basing these values on so again. Kit....who else ought we never argue with AND are you saying that we ought not react to lowball personal insults? Easy Eclair and that is what you are suggesting and so let's have at it. Share your morality with me.

A man that makes a lowball personal insult to another, does deserves to be called a fat cunt, even if he is insulted because he is fat doesn't mean he can relate to being pregnant, unemployed etc etc. He lowered himself. Totally.

^^^^ This makes perfect sense to me.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
^ Can you stop inserting quotes with my username against them that I did not make?

It's the second time you've done it.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:25:19 AM by Eclair »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
^ Can you stop inserting quotes with my username against them that I did not make?

Thanks.

As much as I would love to I think it actually reads better the way I modified.

Do you a deal though I will not do this if you come up with the list of names of people that are excluded. I will then put it on vote and then ask Odeon to put these people into a special I2 user group)  and also answer that one question without beating around the bush (and explain that one too because as I say I don't get the mentality that ANYONE under ANY circumstance should - and goes double for members on I2 - insult you personally without you having the right of return fire).

I think this is more than fair.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Thanks.

As much as I would love to I think it actually reads better the way I modified.

Do you a deal though I will not do this if you come up with the list of names of people that are excluded. I will then put it on vote and then ask Odeon to put these people into a special I2 user group)  and also answer that one question without beating around the bush (and explain that one too because as I say I don't get the mentality that ANYONE under ANY circumstance should - and goes double for members on I2 - insult you personally without you having the right of return fire).

I think this is more than fair.

::) There is no deal. Phlexor was trying to bring something to your attention out of genuine concern. He backed his words about your behaviour and you didn't like it.