Educational

Author Topic: Useless Personal Trivia  (Read 51833 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Useless Personal Trivia
« Reply #750 on: January 16, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
I have one less cousin since the week began.

:'(

:hug:

I'm sorry about that. Mortality sucks.  :(

Thanks.

The funeral was yesterday. I arrived home about three hours ago.

She was actually a non-verbal autistic, until she reached her twenties.  Then, after "choosing to use a few words,"  she chose harshly with whom she would interact. At thirty seven years of age, seemingly healthy, she died of pneumonia after spending three days in the hospital.  The doctors could never stabilize her and she did not make it through the night on Wednesday.  I was online here when I got the call about her death.

I can remember keeping her when she was an infant and I was nineteen and twenty.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #751 on: January 16, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »

Thanks.

She was actually a non-verbal autistic, until she reached her twenties.  Then, after "choosing to use a few words,"  she chose harshly with whom she would interact. At thirty seven years of age, seemingly healthy, she died of pneumonia after spending three days in the hospital.  The doctors could never stabilize her and she did not make it through the night on Wednesday.  I was online here when I got the call about her death.

I can remember keeping her when she was an infant and I was nineteen and twenty.

I hope those memories will be a comfort to you.   :(
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #752 on: January 16, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
DirtDawg, I'm sorry to hear of the loss to your family.  These seem to be stressful times for you with all the deaths you have had in your circle.  I hope you find a way to recover from these wounds of the spirit.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #753 on: January 16, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »
I'm sorry DD.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #754 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:59 PM »

Well, rough times for some of my "friends,"  indeed, this one blow was the worst for me, bar none other.

I was looking so forward to a time when I could be with her again, with all that I have learned about autism in the past eight years or so. I had not seen her in over four years. :'(

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #755 on: January 16, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »

Thanks.

I hope those memories will be a comfort to you.   :(

Thanks. They always have been, most especially once I became aware of what all that she was going through.

HOnestly, I spoke all the right words to the Christians in the family; "She's in a better place."  "At least she is at peace, now."   ... and so forth.

I kept to myself the thoughts that being in a cold box, half full of worms eating her flesh was probably really better than what she was dealing with.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:18:55 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #756 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »
Sorry about your loss, Dawg.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #757 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »

Thanks. Two weeks ago, it seemed as if I had dodged a bullet or two. I have two uncles and three aunts upon the brink, not even to mention my mom, who stresses herself out taking care of all of them.

NEVER could I have imagined it would have been her and so young and from such a sudden onset of a "normally"  controllable affliction. Never.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #758 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:42 PM »
Mortality does indeed suck.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #759 on: January 16, 2011, 05:51:26 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, DirtDawg.

P7PSP

« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »

Well, rough times for some of my "friends,"  indeed, this one blow was the worst for me, bar none other.

I was looking so forward to a time when I could be with her again, with all that I have learned about autism in the past eight years or so. I had not seen her in over four years. :'(

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #761 on: January 17, 2011, 01:28:06 AM »
I was born with a missing knuckle on one hand, if you feel it there's just a weird hole. Probably not really useless personal trivia and might have something to do with the other shit with my skeleton and help the docs know what the fuck is wrong but oh well. :zoinks:

Can you use the finger where the knuckle's missing?

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #762 on: January 17, 2011, 04:39:41 AM »
I was born with a missing knuckle on one hand, if you feel it there's just a weird hole. Probably not really useless personal trivia and might have something to do with the other shit with my skeleton and help the docs know what the fuck is wrong but oh well. :zoinks:

I can use it a little, but the range of motion sucks. The finger points out in a different direction to the others too. It's my little finger, if that helps.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #763 on: January 17, 2011, 08:20:03 AM »

I can use it a little, but the range of motion sucks. The finger points out in a different direction to the others too. It's my little finger, if that helps.

Interesting! Slightly off-topic, I broke the tip of my left pinkie in a door-slamming accident last fall,
and it works OK but doesn't bend as far down as the other fingers do.
I also went to school with a guy whose middle joint on one finger was fused, so it didn't bend at that joint at all.   :nerd!:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #764 on: January 17, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

I thank you all.

While I can make the best of all of your well wishing, I am beside myself for her.

I thank you all for your moments of compassion.

I am going to have a time before I get past this one thing. I think of all the things I have given up and most I never even think about again. This one person will take some time to give up. I still feel her as the amazing pleasure that she was.

again, thanks.