Educational

Author Topic: Useless Personal Trivia  (Read 51857 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Useless Personal Trivia
« Reply #405 on: November 01, 2010, 08:11:30 AM »
Sometimes I think if I had someone to fill in my own gaps, that person and I would be a force to be reckoned with. I just never stick around long enough for that kind of an alliance to happen.  :zoinks:

If you find it, don't let it go though. It can be an incredible thing. I finally found that kind of chemistry with EBM. Where one is lacking, the other fills in. It's amazing. Nothing tops emotional, physical, intellectual stimulation. 8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #406 on: November 01, 2010, 08:13:56 AM »
Hasn't happened, and i'm a pretty huge dick. I can't really see me even getting along all that well with myself, if I were to meet myself.  ::)
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Celticgoddess

« Reply #407 on: November 01, 2010, 08:18:29 AM »
How much of that is who you truly are vs using it as a tool to keep people at a certain distance? There's good talk in Eclairs thread about Emotional Intelligence. Near the end, about being your authentic self. There's a deeper layer to life and existence when you live out your own truth. But that means being brave enough and open enough to trust another person to get to know who you are on a deeper level. Having had severe trust issues my whole life, it took me until I was 34 to be able to do that.

( can't use the word brave without thinking of Lit and seeing this dude:  :viking: )

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #408 on: November 01, 2010, 08:24:52 AM »
I don't like oranges

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #409 on: November 01, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »
How much of that is who you truly are vs using it as a tool to keep people at a certain distance? There's good talk in Eclairs thread about Emotional Intelligence. Near the end, about being your authentic self. There's a deeper layer to life and existence when you live out your own truth. But that means being brave enough and open enough to trust another person to get to know who you are on a deeper level. Having had severe trust issues my whole life, it took me until I was 34 to be able to do that.

( can't use the word brave without thinking of Lit and seeing this dude:  :viking: )

Quite a bit of it. I've always been a wanderer, but I keep people at arm's length yeah. I do this because I have very little understanding of my -own- emotions and emotional capacity. I'm actually DAMN good at judging the intentions and feelings of others to the point of being downright eerie at times, but yes. I have very little emotional intelligence for my own self.
I will never stop...

Celticgoddess

« Reply #410 on: November 01, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »

Quite a bit of it. I've always been a wanderer, but I keep people at arm's length yeah. I do this because I have very little understanding of my -own- emotions and emotional capacity. I'm actually DAMN good at judging the intentions and feelings of others to the point of being downright eerie at times, but yes. I have very little emotional intelligence for my own self.

Then I guess it comes to a point where you decide whether you want to continue to live like that, or you want to take the risk of learning more about yourself. I'm still learning, so is EBM. But I'm learning more because he points out to me things about myself and how I process/act/react in ways that I didn't realize. We know things about each other that no one else in the world knows. So we can break it down for each other and explain why the other person may be feeling what they're feeling, and why they're reacting as they are,  and we're usually bang on.

Anyway, enough babble from me. Just food for thought, so to speak. It's a scary leap but for me, the benefits outweigh the risks.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #411 on: November 01, 2010, 08:35:03 AM »
Sad thing is, I'm 100% sure that i'm either just severely retarded in that department, or I just lack the emotional capacity in certain areas that most people have.
I will never stop...

Celticgoddess

« Reply #412 on: November 01, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
Again, it comes back to filling in the voids. Someone else that fills in what you're missing. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You've got walls built a mile high and a mile thick to keep people from getting too close to you, and it takes a long time to allow someone pass through it. But if that person comes into your life, I think you'll know. And I hope you'll give yourself a chance. In the end, you will learn more about yourself and that's not a bad thing. But you need to be in the right headspace for it to happen. You may not be ready just yet and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not something you can force or will into action, it just sort of happens on its own.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #413 on: November 01, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »
Well, I already have people like friends who will explain for me when I say something especially creepy or I sound really cruel. Like "Oh thats just his way of saying <blahblah>". But those people are friends.

You know what? Usually its me that leaves, and its because I get annoyed with the emotional needs of my partner. I hadn't thought about it that way before, but yeah. Thats it right there. I get impatient with things I consider to be trivial nonsense, and my partner at the time thinks is "serious, lifechanging buisiness".
I will never stop...

Celticgoddess

« Reply #414 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
You feel like a story that hasn't ended yet. I bet at some point in your life someone will show up and you won't ever be able to completely leave.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #415 on: November 01, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
You feel like a story that hasn't ended yet. I bet at some point in your life someone will show up and you won't ever be able to completely leave.
;) Maybe.
I will never stop...

Binty

« Reply #416 on: November 01, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »
Nothing tops emotional, physical, intellectual stimulation. 8)

This.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2010, 07:25:01 AM »
Had a great cellphone convo with my eldest last night.

I am amazed at how funny he is. I am beside myself with pride in his resolve. I am deepened in depression to imagine what I have lost to time from not knowing him sooner.

I have less hate for his mother for keeping him from me, after finding how good of a mother she was for him. Only problem, he had five different father images growing up and in the long run, at about puberty, he became his own father image and that has not been bad. I look at how I might have been more solid for him (and then I question myself) but the reality is that he grew up "wild" and has turned out OK!

I love my eldest son, who I never met until a few months back!

Long story/short = we actually are developing a relationship, finally.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

richard

« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
I need to get some sleep

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #419 on: November 30, 2010, 12:43:13 AM »
Had a great cellphone convo with my eldest last night.

I am amazed at how funny he is. I am beside myself with pride in his resolve. I am deepened in depression to imagine what I have lost to time from not knowing him sooner.

I have less hate for his mother for keeping him from me, after finding how good of a mother she was for him. Only problem, he had five different father images growing up and in the long run, at about puberty, he became his own father image and that has not been bad. I look at how I might have been more solid for him (and then I question myself) but the reality is that he grew up "wild" and has turned out OK!

I love my eldest son, who I never met until a few months back!

Long story/short = we actually are developing a relationship, finally.

I thought you were quite young. Roughly, what age are you?