Educational

Author Topic: What do you want/need to buy?  (Read 4535 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: What do you want/need to buy?
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2018, 06:02:22 AM »
I would like to buy an air fryer but they are pretty expensive, even for just a small one. May go to Harvey Norman (Hardly Normal) or the Good Guys in a few months time once I've saved the money for one.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2018, 06:07:41 AM »
What is your budget? Mine wasn't dear - £140 for a 1.7kg rig.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »
So nearly double that in Aussie dollars? 1.7kgs should definitely be enough. And me and Kayleigh will most likely go halves if I bug her into going shopping on payday.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2018, 06:23:32 AM »
The bad news is that it's significantly cheaper in the UK - the UK one is £150 for the Family Express 1.7kg, the Good Guys Australia charge £142 (A$250) for a 1.2kg Express model.  They're made in France.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2018, 06:34:42 AM »
I haven't had chance to actually use mine unfortunately.  It's sitting in the house gathering dust - I've used the chipper I bought though. That's good.  Get one of those - it does all the cutting for you that way.  You can get them on eBay for about £15, probably including shipping, to Australia.

It works out to be about £200 in Australia capacity-wise.  They make amazing chips though.  How many chips do you need?  1.2kg will make you 600g of chips each - think that would probably make enough chips for four people.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2018, 04:12:46 AM »
A Father's Day present. I only just realised when it was today and it sucks because I have barely any money. On Saturday I'll know how much I will have to spend because all my direct debits are out of my bank account by then.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2018, 05:28:57 AM »
A Father's Day present. I only just realised when it was today and it sucks because I have barely any money. On Saturday I'll know how much I will have to spend because all my direct debits are out of my bank account by then

I'm sorry to hear that.  :(

My financial situation is changing.  We'll see.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »
A Father's Day present. I only just realised when it was today and it sucks because I have barely any money. On Saturday I'll know how much I will have to spend because all my direct debits are out of my bank account by then

I'm sorry to hear that.  :(

My financial situation is changing.  We'll see.
For the good, I hope.

I always saved money when I was in psych ward. Apart from bills I didn't spend anything.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2018, 09:15:04 AM »
I need a new bag. Leather backpacks that aren't boring looking are hard to come by.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2018, 12:58:52 PM »
A newer car, maybe tomorrow.
My wife no longer trusts her Lincoln (something in the security features has a glitch and pisses her off - I say fix it, but she says FUCK IT! I WANT A NEW CAR. So we are getting a new car for her.).
She has picked out a 2017 Impala. She does not want a car like mine or any "crossover" SUV or anything she has to climb up to get in. She climbs up all day long at work for UPS. So, at quitting time she wants a sedan.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:00:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2018, 01:51:50 PM »
I need a new bag. Leather backpacks that aren't boring looking are hard to come by.

Just get a Cabin Max thing.  They are fucking awesome for the price.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »

Just went to test drive and "assess" her choice.
I like it fine, great stereo, very new feeling, new tires and smelling new - Only fifteen thousand miles on it. It has leather all around with heaters, basically everything on my last two cars that she wants. Like remote start (her Lincoln has this) rear view camera (her old Lincoln did not have this) Dash camera (I do not have this, but my Escalade had one), heated steering wheel, Now I am jealous, I had this on the Escalade, but not on my Traverse.

Anyway, we are about to spend a bunch of money. I like the car.  As long as she likes it then it is a done deal.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »
We plan to trade in her Lincoln, add five thousand from my latest "matured asset" and keep the payment low as possible.

Pretty sure this is happening tomorrow.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
Well she now has a '17 Chrysler 300 AWD with less that twenty thousand miles on it. She also liked the Impala, but she likes this one more.

Funny thing: When we started to take off yesterday morning, the Lincoln we were trading in had a flat tire. Kind of like one last gotcha.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 09:12:16 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2018, 09:19:51 PM »
A 1971 Honda CB750   8)