Author Topic: Work  (Read 398 times)

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
Work
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »
I know this is just more bitching and whining, but get this...

I have documented my issues with my management, but recently the relationship with my direct supervisor got to the point where I started completely ignoring him. Why, you ask? Well, when I travel I have to process a travel claim. By regulation, we are required to provide receipts for airfare, hotel, rental car, and anything else over $75. However, my supervisor's wife is an IRS auditor, so he makes us provide receipts for everything. Well, he has no authority to do so, but we all comply as best as we can because the alternative is a whole lot of frustration as he rejects your claim and requests receipts. Well, I use public transportation whenever possible, which includes riding the commuter train and taking the subway. I have a farecard for the subway, which I load up when necessary and then just swipe it when I ride. Therefore, there are no receipts. Naturally, my supervisor rejects my claims. So I remind him there is no way to provide a receipt for the $1.50 to $5.00 fare on the subway. He rejects it again and we do this little dance where I just start resubmitting with no changes.

Well, he left to start this other position full time and in his last day, he changed my timecard to be leave without pay instead of vacation time. I was on vacation. So I am out half a paycheck and he is gone when I return. I guess he showed me! Ultimately I had my new supervisor process a corrected timecard, which has to go through three people at my location and then is faxed to two other locations where it may get touched by several other people, costing the taxpayers thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars. So the guy who was so anal about proving we spent several dollars on subway fare or a parking fee or gas for a rental car is actually wasting money at an exponentially larger rate than what he is trying to prove we spent in the first place. :duh:

That's your government for you! :zoinks:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:02:32 PM by Trigger11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Work
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 09:25:27 PM »

I have documented my issues with my management, but recently the relationship with my direct supervisor got to the point where I started completely ignoring him. Why, you ask? Well, when I travel I have to process a travel claim. By regulation, we are required to provide receipts for airfare, hotel, rental car, and anything else over $75. However, my supervisor's wife is an IRS auditor, so he makes us provide receipts for everything. Well, he has no authority to do so, but we all comply as best as we can because the alternative is a whole lot of frustration as he rejects your claim and requests receipts. Well, I use public transportation whenever possible, which includes riding the commuter train and taking the subway. I have a farecard or the subway, which I load up when necessary and then just swipe it when I ride/ Therefore, there are no receipts. Naturally, my supervisor rejects my claims. So I remind him there is no way to provide a receipt for the $1.50 to $5.00 fare on the subway. He rejects it again and we do this little dance where I just start resubmitting with no changes.

Well, he left to start this other position full time and in his last day, he changed my timecard to be leave without pay instead of vacation time. I was on vacation. So I am out half a paycheck and he is gone when I return. I guess he showed me! Ultimately I had my new supervisor process a corrected timecard, which has to go through three people at my location and then is faxed to two other locations where it may get touched by several other people, costing the taxpayers thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars. So the guy who was so anal about proving we spent several dollars on subway fare or a parking fee or gas for a rental car is actually wasting money at an exponentially larger rate than what he is trying to prove we spent in the first place. :duh:

Maybe his new employer would find this interesting!  >:D
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

P7PSP

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 09:29:01 PM »

I have documented my issues with my management, but recently the relationship with my direct supervisor got to the point where I started completely ignoring him. Why, you ask? Well, when I travel I have to process a travel claim. By regulation, we are required to provide receipts for airfare, hotel, rental car, and anything else over $75. However, my supervisor's wife is an IRS auditor, so he makes us provide receipts for everything. Well, he has no authority to do so, but we all comply as best as we can because the alternative is a whole lot of frustration as he rejects your claim and requests receipts. Well, I use public transportation whenever possible, which includes riding the commuter train and taking the subway. I have a farecard or the subway, which I load up when necessary and then just swipe it when I ride/ Therefore, there are no receipts. Naturally, my supervisor rejects my claims. So I remind him there is no way to provide a receipt for the $1.50 to $5.00 fare on the subway. He rejects it again and we do this little dance where I just start resubmitting with no changes.

I would destroy that motherfuckers career. If you think about it I am sure you can too.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:35 PM »
We're both government employees, so it is very hard to do such a thing.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »

I'd be taking it further to HR. Any changes to your entitlements ie; your leave without pay, should be provided to you in writing and the reason why before it is progressed for approval, which should be at a level higher than your supervisor.

Osensitive1

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:52:12 PM »
Stop complaining about your awesome job.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 08:30:17 PM »
Based upon the developments over the legal issue I am dealing with I am now going to likely file formal grievances over all of the stuff this jack ass and his supervisor have done. I am tired of just going with the flow and letting these bullies push me around. :headbang2:
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

P7PSP

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
Based upon the developments over the legal issue I am dealing with I am now going to likely file formal grievances over all of the stuff this jack ass and his supervisor have done. I am tired of just going with the flow and letting these bullies push me around. :headbang2:
Yes! Fuck them good.  :thumbup:

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:29 AM »
Okay, I know I spend a lot of time around "intelligent" people, e.g., online such as here and around researcher irl, but are "average" people really that vindictive??

I've heard incidences time and time again, especially on the job-type of stories, and the downright cruelty just blows my mind. Where are these vindictive SOBs hiding? Why do I not see more of them?
Flibbit.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »
Okay, I know I spend a lot of time around "intelligent" people, e.g., online such as here and around researcher irl, but are "average" people really that vindictive??

I've heard incidences time and time again, especially on the job-type of stories, and the downright cruelty just blows my mind. Where are these vindictive SOBs hiding? Why do I not see more of them?

Maybe it depends on the type of workplace. Trigger11 has a *fearful pause*  government job.  :hide:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
It's a good thing though, because if I was in private industry I could be fired on a whim. But they still have final say over pay and performance reviews, despite the fact that the actual people I work for (the customer also known as the program office) thinking very highly of me.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:25:14 PM by Trigger11 »
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

richard

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 01:08:26 PM »
sounds like some serious office drama, i knew the government was already disfunctional though. the red cross is really bad, ive recently had an experiance with them
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:18:59 PM by ٩๏̯͡๏)۶ »

P7PSP

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 07:41:30 PM »
For the most part no, but there are assholes who need to be taken down a peg or 4 or 5. Doing so is very satisfying.
I have no idea. ???