Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12309 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
I feel a bit sick

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

Another observation:

Why in THE hell do they think they need mirrors when choosing eye wear.

I mean why the fuck do people "look in a fucking mirror" to determine if these particular lens frames are serviceable or not?!!?!!

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you.  

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

I understand that some degree of vanity comes into play when we add accessories, but we MUST make a difference between fashion accessories and utilitarian accessories.

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

I look in the moirror when choosing frames. I have a very high forehead which I take into consideration, and I'm a girl! I'm supposed to be more vain!  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »

Another observation:

I mean why the fuck do people "look in a fucking mirror" to determine if these particular lens frames are serviceable or not?!!?!!

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you.  

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

I understand that some degree of vanity comes into play when we add accessories, but we MUST make a difference between fashion accessories and utilitarian accessories.

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

The more high end shops for glasses here now give people the chance to look for comfortable frames, and then they can take the two or three they think are best home, to decide there on which one to take vanity wise. And to have family members help them choose, because, with strong prescription glasses, how can you choose the looks of a frame, when there are no glasses in them?

To me, that sounds like a single baby step in the right direction.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 03:54:30 PM »

Another observation:

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you. 

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

I look in the moirror when choosing frames. I have a very high forehead which I take into consideration, and I'm a girl! I'm supposed to be more vain!  :laugh:

So, you are making a conscious choice to be their bitch?

I find this to be a  more conformist view of the reality of choosing frames, when compared to what you have shown me in the past about yourself.

... but you are joking, right?
 :asthing:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

Another observation:

When I chose my eyewear frames last week, the technician kept trying to put a mirror in my face. This was very distracting to me from what I needed to determine. I finally just grabbed the mirror from him and set it aside.  I needed to find if these frames fit me and that is an internal thing that has nothing to do with a mirror and I NEEDED to determine if I could live with my choice and that is even further away from anything a "negative space with a fancy frame"  (fucking mirror)  can tell you. 

Basically, my thoughts are that using a mirror while choosing eye glass frames will make you see things that are not important to your ability to see better. If you are truly trying to find a way to improve your eyesight, then set the mirror aside and "LOOK THROUGH THE FUCKING THINGS"  not   "AT THE FUCKING THINGS!!!"

GET RID OF THE GOD DAMN MIRRORS FROM THE EYE GLASS FRAME DISPLAYS!!!  WE CAN NOT BE BITCHES FOR LIFE!!!

I look in the moirror when choosing frames. I have a very high forehead which I take into consideration, and I'm a girl! I'm supposed to be more vain!  :laugh:

So, you are making a conscious choice to be their bitch?

I find this to be a  more conformist view of the reality of choosing frames, when compared to what you have shown me in the past about yourself.

... but you are joking, right?

I care what frames look like on my face. I wear my glasses all day, every day, and for years before buying my current pair, I made do with ugly old brown plastic frames that I hated. If the eyeglass store didn't have a mirror, I would look for any reflective surface in or near the store so I would get some idea of what the frames would look like on my face, which is rather fat and has the aforementioned high forehead. Frames cost plenty, even with insurance. I want to get the most flattering pair for my money.

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2010, 04:14:24 PM »

... but you can choose the "look"  of the  frames before you try them in service to your eye sight.

Once you make a decision to not have dorky glasses, why do you need a mirror?

This may be the very static thinking that I have been offended by so often.  WE are more intelligent than to depend upon a mirror (remember that mirrors lie!! -   -  - - maybe I should start another thread about this and the many ways that mirrors tend to lie to those who depend upon them so desperately) to determine how we can see!!

You do understand that mirrors truly hide what others see and that what you see inside the mirror is only a lie of light.You will never know much about what you show by looking into a mirror.  If you do not see that mirrors reverse the image, then some math is due for your study.

Mirrors lie to you.  This is a basic concept of photography that all advanced photographers use to sell their work.  Do not be taken in any further. Mirrors lie!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2010, 04:19:21 PM »

There is a song lyric:

"Mirrors hide what others can see ..."

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
This film looks scary  :ninja:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2010, 02:04:28 AM »
This film looks scary  :ninja:

Which film? I like a little bit of fear in a movie-watching experience, but not too much or I regret it later!  :hide:

People forget.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2010, 01:06:29 PM »
The lady who lives across the street has a cartoon voice :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »
I think France was defeated by Germany because they all drive so bad that no-one could get all the way to the border in time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »
While EVERY hurricane has an eye, not every EYE has a hurricane.

Most eyes are perfectly safe to look into, quite deeply.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »

Satan will cry for weeks to lose my devotional efforts, if and/or WHEN I become Christian, assigned to God for all time. I am a really GOOD sinner, supporting all that the fallen angel stands for, right in the face of Michael and the other avenging angels. What bounty I bring to the table of Satan's meals will be sorely missed by multitudes of fallen angels as I wither away from them.

The most beautiful of all angels, God's favorite Angel, Lucifer, will weep for his loss of me for ages.  All of the fallen angels will miss what pleasures I bring to the feast for their gorging upon.  The crying of fallen angels over my savior will last for ages upon ages and I will have a new holy book written about my efforts in the Second Revelation of the New Bible, after the Second Coming Of The Lord.

...   or not.

Likely I will be stricken by bodily pestilence until I am no longer able to seek what I need, all while I am quite aware, and my corporeal essence will be sent back to the very dust from whence I came, with my mind intact, while it eventually will be forced out into the universe, well away from what I know.

On one side I am disturbed to know that sheer torture lies ahead for me, but on the other hand I am gladdened to know that when I am done with this bag of salts, I will have a knew life to strive for.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2010, 01:59:21 PM »

:lol:

I met a person who condemned me on my last day in the woods.

I made a positive notion out of everything horrible and incriminating that he said to me.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
 :laugh:

I was about to worry DD.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!