Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #555 on: April 25, 2017, 05:21:18 AM »
Well, a friend had a link on his FB page of some alternative spiritual guy who was high and talking about the third eye. He was kinda funny. I don't normally watch those videos because those people like the sound of their own voice, and tend to drone on. A lot of advice those people give is so vague and really impractical.
:dog:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #556 on: April 25, 2017, 06:14:02 AM »
  My style involves indenting every line two spaces, typing in 11-point Georgia font,
  fussing over the width of the paragraph, and always using smileys in creative ways. 

TL;DR  It's fabulous. :soph:

It's O
       K
           if everyone u
ses
the same
          resolution but q
uoting it
might cause p
                      roblems.

I'm still trying to find my style. :P

Your style involves a lot of  :P .
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #557 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:21 AM »
  My style involves indenting every line two spaces

I never noticed that.  :orly:

I like my paragraphs to look ... just so.  :M :P

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #558 on: April 26, 2017, 09:09:16 AM »
My neighbor hired someone new to do some yard work.

She texted me yesterday so that I could do a stealth peep from the blinds if I wanted.

I've always told her she has exquisite taste. Like we said though...the only problem, is that the help is getting younger and we are getting older.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #559 on: April 26, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »

She texted me yesterday so that I could do a stealth peep from the blinds if I wanted.

I've always told her she has exquisite taste. Like we said though...the only problem, is that the help is getting younger and we are getting older.

We must embrace getting older and the subsequent need for more ... help.   :oldman:

People forget.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #560 on: April 26, 2017, 02:20:59 PM »

We must embrace getting older and the subsequent need for more ... help.   :oldman:

Young, muscular, well tanned help. :autism:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #561 on: April 26, 2017, 11:53:33 PM »
Geriatric squared.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #562 on: April 27, 2017, 05:18:03 AM »
Geriatric squared.

Aged...like fine wine.  :M

...or vinegar...if stored improperly.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #563 on: April 27, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »
Geriatric squared.

Aged...like fine wine.  :M

...or vinegar...if stored improperly.

Some asshole writer, I don't know who, said that "men age like wine, women age like milk."   ::) :finger:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #564 on: April 27, 2017, 09:15:25 AM »
one of my quips is

I like cold weather.  Meat doesn't age in a freezer.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2017, 02:27:54 PM »
That wine remark...that is rather familiar. I said something like that to a lady who goes by 'heretic', although not said with the same intent. Said to her that she's aged like wine, in that she has only gotten ever the finer and more appetizing (shes around 50, and she was rather taken aback, to the point she didn't at first believe I was being serious, when I couldn't keep quiet about it any longer and told her that I was absolutely fucking crazy about her. I still am. One of the most stunning women I've ever known, seen, or heard of, ever. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous, doesn't look anything like her chronological age, we were together for some time although unfortunately a vile creature that unfortunately, I ended up stuck with as a housemate for way too long, a real dysfunctional, fucked up, psychotic ambulant midden that should have been stamped on as a baby the moment her mother crapped her out for the good of everybody who has ever come into contact with her. Total fucking psycho-bitch histrionic, narcissistic, attention-seeking, lying, thieving, vindictive little rape sprog piece of shit that needs to be force-fed bleach, skinned alive, rolled in salt, nailed to a wooden plank, wrapped in a petrol-soaked carpet and lit up like a christmas tree in hell for all the things she is, and has done to people. Scum of the worst, most verminous kind, fucking pestilent gorgonslut shat forth from a diseased font of all putrescence that ought to have kept her legs firmly shut, preferably welded shut permanently. Little brat came between us, deliberately. There are plenty of things that I will never, ever forgive her for, but that is one of  the most unforgivable things she has done (the former housemate, the one that tried to fillet me with a samurai  sword because I stood up to her and told her to get stuffed, I'll get out of my own damn bed and get dressed in my own fucking well time, and who made at least one false rape claim about somebody who didn't do it, possibly two, I just don't know if the other was false, although probably, given what a lying little hell slag she is. One of the guys IS a vile little creep though, the other on the other hand, whilst I am not his biggest fan, he is wet behind the ears to the  extent he couldn't rape his way out of a paper bag with a cock packed into a shotgun shell with a charge of roofies serving as buckshot if his life depended on it.

(and she almost ended up with the guy in question being murdered and when it proved impossible for the person she was trying to use to have him killed to get transport (the only reason he is still breathing to this day is purely financial, she had me back her (at the time I didn't know what the vile little borderline bitch was, or what she was capable of) and support her making a damn video link interview with the filth to try and get the guy (her ex bf/fiancee in fact!) banged up.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
I am getting better at going into a shop and coming out with only what is on the shopping list.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2017, 11:50:22 PM »
I hate shops.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #568 on: April 29, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »
The Amflo 150 tire inflator only goes up to 90psi   :-\  I've had it for years and only noticed today when I went to fill a fire extinguisher that needs 125psi.  You would think by the name that it would go up to 150
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »
Heh QV...I know what you mean, sometimes I've been guilty of the same thing.

Last time I went to a local welding store, for some replacement argon tanks,  I ended up tooling up with plenty (useful) new stuff, including 5-6 different diamond-tipped/edged drills for drilling into glass, ceramics and stone (pretty sure the will drill metal as well although I've never tried)

Odd looking things for drills, for all but two types I have the bits don't look like conventional drills, they have a straight shaft, but the actual bit that does the punching holes through glass/ceramics  are mounted tips that have a lanceolate leaf-shaped blade with a slight bevel to the side on the edges, I've a separate pair that look more like conventional drills for starting pilot holes, then switch over to the blade-like things to go through. Can cut up to 15mm wide holes straight through glass, enamelled tiles, pottery, bricks etc.

Ended up with a load of other stuff, some high-temperature sillicone-based lubricant thats resistant up to a bit over 200 degrees C, plan to use that for experiments in electrolysis using low-melting eutectic salt mixtures of potassium and sodium salts, to serve as a protecting layer and stop the formed NaK alloy from instantly (and very violently) reacting with air and atmospheric moisture (NaK is a liquid, and more reactive than potassium metal, reaction at room temperature is violent, igniting more or less instantly, at elevated temperature it goes off in a shower of flame and sparks the second traces are exposed to even dry air, and with water, never done it but a big boom would be expected.

A shelf full of cans of dimethyl, diethyl and diisopropyl ether, cans of pressurized pentane and xylene, some zinc in spray form as very fine dust dispersion in a solvent, which I'm currently evaporating for use in dissolving metal reductions, red iron oxide again as super fine powder, ideal for thermite welding and casting (Al powder, iron oxide, a cast sand mold to hold the charge above the thing to be filled with metal, and either a strip of magnesium metal to serve as igniter, lit with a blowtorch, or various oxidizer/fuel mixtures such as potassium chlorate and sugar, diluted with table salt so it burns steadily and at a modest speed but with intense heat rather than exploding, or mixed with wax as a binder and cast into thin sticks for igniters, tipped with a thin section of a greater proportion of oxidizer to fuel to ignite the rest of the fuse, and a thin hole in the bottom of the charge containing mold, through which the molten iron drips out whilst the slag floats to the top.

By the time I'd finished shopping for tools and chemical supplies, plus a new welding mask for dealing with electric arcs and a whole load of replacement gas mask filter cartridge sets (my mask takes two at a time) I'd spent around £360 or thereabouts.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.