Author Topic: Random Observations  (Read 12309 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Random Observations
« Reply #495 on: March 22, 2017, 05:13:19 AM »
Fucking mobile zombies on the streets. I swear I will hit someone, eventually. Put an elbow in an unsuspecting side.  >:(

I especially love the ones who step into a crosswalk without looking up from the screen.  ::)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #496 on: March 22, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »
Old man, saying of opening the shed 'I'll let you unlock that first' and keeping distinctly behind me, not hanging around either. Especially after seeing what my current project did to my keck clips. One of them had completely disintegrated into chunks.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #497 on: March 23, 2017, 12:21:43 AM »
Fucking mobile zombies on the streets. I swear I will hit someone, eventually. Put an elbow in an unsuspecting side.  >:(

I especially love the ones who step into a crosswalk without looking up from the screen.  ::)

One of them walked right into me last week, apparently thinking that it was my responsibility to keep him out of harm's way. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #498 on: March 23, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »

One of them walked right into me last week, apparently thinking that it was my responsibility to keep him out of harm's way. :grrr:

My mother had an aunt like that.  She would start to cross a street without looking, my grandmother
   who was with her would say, "Look out!" and the aunt would say, "Let them look out for me!:M :o
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #499 on: March 24, 2017, 12:25:23 AM »

My mother had an aunt like that.  She would start to cross a street without looking, my grandmother
   who was with her would say, "Look out!" and the aunt would say, "Let them look out for me!:M :o

Evolution can be so messy. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #500 on: March 24, 2017, 09:38:48 AM »

A few years back you posted about a friend who was killed in an auto accident by someone your daughter (?) knew?  How are both families doing?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #501 on: March 25, 2017, 01:52:34 AM »

A few years back you posted about a friend who was killed in an auto accident by someone your daughter (?) knew?  How are both families doing?

I've had no contact with my friend's partner since. She cut us all off, every member of our old gang. We'd known each other since the uni.

I believe the person who drove the truck is doing better. He had a really rough time following the accident, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #502 on: March 25, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »

I've had no contact with my friend's partner since. She cut us all off, every member of our old gang. We'd known each other since the uni.

I believe the person who drove the truck is doing better. He had a really rough time following the accident, though.

That's a shame.

It's the only way some people can heal though and move ahead, they burn the bridges that lead to painful memories of the past.

If you suddenly hear from her again in the future, sometimes it's good to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #503 on: March 25, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »

That's a shame.

It's the only way some people can heal though and move ahead, they burn the bridges that lead to painful memories of the past.

If you suddenly hear from her again in the future, sometimes it's good to remember that.

I will. I just miss my friend. :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #504 on: March 26, 2017, 08:58:07 AM »
I had a dream about a best friend who died in April, 2015.  I saw her and said, "Oh, you didn't die!"  She said "No."  Then I woke up. 

I still miss Kathy. 

But that's the way it is with the good people in our lives.  We miss them, but know they will always live in our hearts.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #505 on: March 27, 2017, 03:32:16 AM »
I'm kinda beginning to get worried about my stalker.

I emailed  her a while ago and one of her email addresses is down, and got no reply from the ones that aren't (I have 4 emails for her at least. Not that I've done or said anything to warrant it, but even if she never wanted anything to do with me again, she'd at least have the decency to tell me so,
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #506 on: March 29, 2017, 12:06:40 AM »
Its been 10 years and 8 days since a girl I had a crush on died. Sometimes I still have mental images of her face flashing in my mind... after all she was a girl who rejected me, and broke my heart :-/

Online Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #507 on: March 29, 2017, 12:07:52 AM »
Its been 10 years and 8 days since a girl I had a crush on died. Sometimes I still have mental images of her face flashing in my mind... after all she was a girl who rejected me, and broke my heart :-/

Basically she killed herself  :(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #508 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18:19 AM »
Sorry to hear it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #509 on: March 29, 2017, 12:18:50 AM »
The coffee machine just made noises.

- Albert Einstein