Author Topic: "Mozart and the Whale" - Rubbish!  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: "Mozart and the Whale" - Rubbish!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:01 PM »
I downloaded it on bittorrent a while ago.  It was ok; cute in parts, but made me cringe a lot.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »
I downloaded it on bittorrent a while ago.  It was ok; cute in parts, but made me cringe a lot.

Please, describe your idea of cringe-worthy ...
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »
Just the over-the-topness of some of it; the girl in it had a compulsive laugh that was like sandpaper on the eyeballs, and the characters were generally too heavily stereotyped.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 04:12:42 AM »

Did the same last night, but have yet to watch it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

thepeaguy

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 11:09:48 AM »
Looks like there will be a drama programme about some autistic child on British telly on Boxing Day.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 09:32:06 AM by Dark Gay »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 03:32:22 AM »
Looks like there will be a drama programme about some autistic child on British telly on Boxiing Day.

What's it called?   I tend to find these things too depressing to watch because of the stereotyping that you seem to get.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 06:47:41 AM »
I watched the first 20 minutes of "Mozart". I cringed a lot.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

thepeaguy

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »
Looks like there will be a drama programme about some autistic child on British telly on Boxiing Day.

What's it called?   I tend to find these things too depressing to watch because of the stereotyping that you seem to get.

Why? I used to be like that kid. I had fucking tantrums aplenty.

http://www.itv.com/listings/Programme.aspx?itvgenre=2&channeldate=26/12/2006&channelid=WCT&scheduleid=24919383&prognum=804574&episode=804574&isfilm=No&types=audio_desc,subtitles

I wish someone did a programme on me. :(
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:47:29 PM by ! »

ozymandias

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 09:58:11 PM »
I have heard so much of this "Mozart and the Whale" shit for so long and seen so little, that I think this is the biggest piece of cow plop in the history of aspie civilization.  I try to be fair, but someone somehow somewhere, GIVE me a reason to think differently!  PLEASE!  IAM SERIOUS!!!!!!  Why should I give a fuck about this movie!?  Flame me if you want, but, give me a reason to see this movie!  A serious reason, not some emo crap!!!!!!!!

thepeaguy

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 10:41:53 PM »
I have heard so much of this "Mozart and the Whale" shit for so long and seen so little, that I think this is the biggest piece of cow plop in the history of aspie civilization.  I try to be fair, but someone somehow somewhere, GIVE me a reason to think differently!  PLEASE!  IAM SERIOUS!!!!!!  Why should I give a fuck about this movie!?  Flame me if you want, but, give me a reason to see this movie!  A serious reason, not some emo crap!!!!!!!!

Because autistics are handicapped by society, like it or not?

Can't have your cake and eat it, mate.

And aspie civilization? Delusional cow crap. You losers wouldn't know how to make a civilisation if you tried.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 10:46:19 PM by ! »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2006, 04:08:53 AM »

Why? I used to be like that kid. I had fucking tantrums aplenty.

http://www.itv.com/listings/Programme.aspx?itvgenre=2&channeldate=26/12/2006&channelid=WCT&scheduleid=24919383&prognum=804574&episode=804574&isfilm=No&types=audio_desc,subtitles

I wish someone did a programme on me. :(

Because they always seem to have such two dimensional characters who are completely defined by the fact they are autistic. What happened to
Quote from: thepeaguy
My autism alone does not define who I am or why I am interesting to those that respect me.
?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 04:57:51 AM »
Because autistics are handicapped by society, like it or not?

Can't have your cake and eat it, mate.

And aspie civilization? Delusional cow crap. You losers wouldn't know how to make a civilisation if you tried.

You're in a good mood, peegai. Not. Holidays stressing you up?

Merry Christmas, you brute.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2006, 04:59:51 AM »

Unless you're interested in emo flicks, there is no real reason. Maybe you could watch part of it, to see how they portray auties in the post-Rain Man world.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2006, 02:07:49 PM »
this year I went to an art house cinema with the AV guys and saw a really good movie about Autism called "Snowcake", starring Sigorney Weaver and Alan Rickman.  How come this this movie got no hype or mentions on the websites, is it because it called it "high functioning autism" and not "aspie"?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »
That's probably the reason, yes. HFA doesn't seem to have the same marketing value... ::)

- Albert Einstein