Author Topic: Why Casual Gaming needs to DIE already...  (Read 1031 times)

DukeNukem

Why Casual Gaming needs to DIE already...
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »
This game which came out recently, called "Virtual City", is a bunch of crap. Instead of being a blatant rip off of SimCity, Virtual City instead decides to come up with its own fucked up ideas on how a "city" is supposed to be run. First of all, you're not the "mayor", you are the boss of a transport company (called Virtual City Transport Co., duh!) who is practically the mayor for whatever city one of the game's boring and frustrating scenarios throws at you. The idea is, you build factories, assign a bunch of trucks to move cargo from one to the other, as part of a supply chain, where at the end of the supply chain, the product is made and you assign another truck to deliver it to a mall (Yes, bosses of transport companies build and own all of the factories and stores they deliver to, according to the fucktards that made this "game" ::) )

You can also build houses, parks, fire stations (but no police stations because there is no such thing as crime, apparently ::) ), hospitals, theaters... well, that's pretty much the extent of what you can build. No schools (probably because whoever came up with this shit didn't go to school), no skycrapers (the only good thing about SimCity), no bridges or tunnels (you are only allowed to rebuild them from rubbish), no terraforming, but hey... There's a recycling center! Only in certain scenarios do you get to "rebuild" an airport, marina, or a train station.

There are two modes: A campaign mode (50 shitty missions) and a sandbox mode (shitbox more like). There is only one real character in the game who is your advisor, just another female character for you to masturbate to. The graphics are your typical casual game fare: Uninspired cartoony 2D graphics, obviously drawn by those who "learned" art at a community college. While the game is boring, there are times people get diseased, buildings catch on fire, trucks break down, but they aren't really urgent. A building can keep on burning for a million years without losing any of its structural integrity.

Did I say this game rips off SimCity? It also rips off another great game, Transport Tycoon.

But is this free? NO! These fucktards want you to pay them 20 dollars for this shitty "casual" game!

Virtual City is a typical casual game and SimCity ripoff that isn't even close to being a real game, much less a city sim. Games like this makes me hate "casual games" and "casual gamers", because they are a shoddy excuse for developers to develop a bunch of bland as fuck games for easy money... Hey, that sounds just like most of the gaming industry, actually. Well, my point is, this "game" is shit, don't play it, Google "OpenTTD" instead for a much better game for free (that it rips off).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 06:38:13 PM by Feral Aspie »

Osensitive1

Re: Why Casual Gaming needs to DIE already...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 06:49:33 PM »
Had to look twice at the name on this thread. Almost wish gaming was of interest to contribute.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »
All this stuff is over my head. I'll stick with Chinese checkers! 8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:43:35 PM »
Here's a clue, don't buy shitty games.

DukeNukem

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »
Here's a clue: I played the demo.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
Got what you paid for then I guess.

Scrapheap

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
There's a term for people who play casual games: Oxygen thieves!  :LOL:

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
lol oxygen thieves.

That game sounds so lame. I like the sims for a while than I got bored and locked my sim in a small room with no doors or windows and nothing in it.
It pissed itself to death!
Park.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:40:56 AM »
Hey fellas. It takes all kinds. Not saying I actually agree with the idea of casual gaming though.

I used to troll second life pretty hardcore. :eyebrows:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
Fuckin' casuals.

I like my games to punch me in the gut and knee me in the balls, damnit - Dwarf Fortress, ArmA, Flashpoint and so on. Fuck this regenerating health bollocks that that cancer Halo made popular.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:07 AM »
Fuckin' casuals.

I like my games to punch me in the gut and knee me in the balls, damnit - Dwarf Fortress, ArmA, Flashpoint and so on. Fuck this regenerating health bollocks that that cancer Halo made popular.
I dunno in some games regenerating health makes sense, but I think I see what you mean.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »
My grandma plays those facebook games like Farmville and stuff but shes a grandma and she's aloud to.
I got off of farmville months ago and got back to the usual, elder scrolls, diablo 2 borderlands, and camping in the kitchen in Modern Warfare while making imaginary sammitches.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:56:56 PM by Gluey Antagoniser »
Park.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
Fuckin' casuals.

The Left 4 Dead games definitely do that on harder difficulties, especially when the AI director is having a bad day. I swear it's sentient and it hates you.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
This game which came out recently, called "Virtual City", is a bunch of crap. Instead of being a blatant rip off of SimCity, Virtual City instead decides to come up with its own fucked up ideas on how a "city" is supposed to be run. First of all, you're not the "mayor", you are the boss of a transport company (called Virtual City Transport Co., duh!) who is practically the mayor for whatever city one of the game's boring and frustrating scenarios throws at you. The idea is, you build factories, assign a bunch of trucks to move cargo from one to the other, as part of a supply chain, where at the end of the supply chain, the product is made and you assign another truck to deliver it to a mall (Yes, bosses of transport companies build and own all of the factories and stores they deliver to, according to the fucktards that made this "game" ::) )

You can also build houses, parks, fire stations (but no police stations because there is no such thing as crime, apparently ::) ), hospitals, theaters... well, that's pretty much the extent of what you can build. No schools (probably because whoever came up with this shit didn't go to school), no skycrapers (the only good thing about SimCity), no bridges or tunnels (you are only allowed to rebuild them from rubbish), no terraforming, but hey... There's a recycling center! Only in certain scenarios do you get to "rebuild" an airport, marina, or a train station.

There are two modes: A campaign mode (50 shitty missions) and a sandbox mode (shitbox more like). There is only one real character in the game who is your advisor, just another female character for you to masturbate to. The graphics are your typical casual game fare: Uninspired cartoony 2D graphics, obviously drawn by those who "learned" art at a community college. While the game is boring, there are times people get diseased, buildings catch on fire, trucks break down, but they aren't really urgent. A building can keep on burning for a million years without losing any of its structural integrity.

Did I say this game rips off SimCity? It also rips off another great game, Transport Tycoon.

But is this free? NO! These fucktards want you to pay them 20 dollars for this shitty "casual" game!

Virtual City is a typical casual game and SimCity ripoff that isn't even close to being a real game, much less a city sim. Games like this makes me hate "casual games" and "casual gamers", because they are a shoddy excuse for developers to develop a bunch of bland as fuck games for easy money... Hey, that sounds just like most of the gaming industry, actually. Well, my point is, this "game" is shit, don't play it, Google "OpenTTD" instead for a much better game for free (that it rips off).

Jesus Christ. No-ones forcing you to play rubbish games.

You seem to care enough about this game to make this review thread of it. Why? If it's rubbish, stop playing it and find something that isn't. Yeah, I don't like most of the games nintendo releases now day, but I don't play them. There are some gems in there still aimed at oldskool gamers.

Most of the people here probably have never heard of this game before you brought it up, let alone need to be "warned" not to buy it. I work for a game developer and Yeah, developers make lower quality games for money, but thats the way the world works. GTFO it and go outside.

I am an old skool gamer. But I don't think i'm better than other gamers because I like more "gamer" targeted games. Let the general population have its fun, you don't have to be a part of it or bitter about it.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 02:38:28 AM »
Here's a clue: I played the demo.

And you're STILL bitching about something you didn't pay for?

What the fuck

Go to anger management or something.