Author Topic: Ask Butterfly a question  (Read 8815 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Butterfly a question
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »
That is a very funny concept, and one that may become reality in the future!

I hope for my sake it's sooner rather than later. :)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2010, 10:25:16 AM »
That is a very funny concept, and one that may become reality in the future!

I hope for my sake it's sooner rather than later. :)

In the meantime, you might meet someone with whom you could feel at ease. Either way, good luck. :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
Do you prefer pants or skirts?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2010, 10:45:28 AM »
In the meantime, you might meet someone with whom you could feel at ease. Either way, good luck.

Thanks, although I'm starting to doubt it.

Do you prefer pants or skirts?

I haven't worn a skirt since I was old enough to choose my own clothes. If I'm going out I wear jeans, and if I'm staying in it's usually a pair of tracksuit bottoms. I don't have a clue about fashion so I really just wear what's comfy. If I can avoid looking like a tramp then I'm having a good clothes day.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »
My friends taught me how to dance, and before we went out they would dress me up in my friends clothes and put make-up on and do my hair nice. Because of the loud music I knew I wasn't going to have to speak to people. It was one of the few things that I done where I managed to appear normal. I only really done it once or twice a month but that was enough for me. I could never have done it twice a week like other people I knew. If I had a long night I would spend most of the next day in bed.

Yeah thats whats so great about it... No talking to people! Awesome.

I'd never thought of the touch and space problem as OCD before, but I do have a few symptoms. I check if the doors are locked about 5 times before I go to bed, and embarrasingly if I'm in the back seat of a car, almost every time it stops I have to open the door and slam it shut just to make sure it's shut properly. That bugs the hell out of my uncle. I get some funny comments if I'm in somebodys car who doesn't know me well. I sit there for ages trying not to do it but eventually it builds up and I have to check it :-[.

Yeah about the touching thing it can start off as a fear or bad experience, and snowball because of obsessive thoughts. Happened to me when I was 12. The other stuff you described is servere OCD. There is a way you can stop yourself slamming the door, but it requires some mind control. Tricking your mind into thinking that the car door will fall off (even though thats stupid) if you do it.

It's not sex that's the problem. It's the intimacy that bothers me. If there was a way to have sex with someone without being in the same room as them I could very easily become a raging nympho.

The closest I can think of is those groups of people (swingers) who have a tent set up, there are people inside the tent, and a guy comes and pokes his dick through a hole in the tent, and remains outside.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:26 AM »
My friends taught me how to dance, and before we went out they would dress me up in my friends clothes and put make-up on and do my hair nice. Because of the loud music I knew I wasn't going to have to speak to people. It was one of the few things that I done where I managed to appear normal. I only really done it once or twice a month but that was enough for me. I could never have done it twice a week like other people I knew. If I had a long night I would spend most of the next day in bed.

Yeah thats whats so great about it... No talking to people! Awesome.

I'd never thought of the touch and space problem as OCD before, but I do have a few symptoms. I check if the doors are locked about 5 times before I go to bed, and embarrasingly if I'm in the back seat of a car, almost every time it stops I have to open the door and slam it shut just to make sure it's shut properly. That bugs the hell out of my uncle. I get some funny comments if I'm in somebodys car who doesn't know me well. I sit there for ages trying not to do it but eventually it builds up and I have to check it :-[.

Yeah about the touching thing it can start off as a fear or bad experience, and snowball because of obsessive thoughts. Happened to me when I was 12. The other stuff you described is servere OCD. There is a way you can stop yourself slamming the door, but it requires some mind control. Tricking your mind into thinking that the car door will fall off (even though thats stupid) if you do it.

It's not sex that's the problem. It's the intimacy that bothers me. If there was a way to have sex with someone without being in the same room as them I could very easily become a raging nympho.

The closest I can think of is those groups of people (swingers) who have a tent set up, there are people inside the tent, and a guy comes and pokes his dick through a hole in the tent, and remains outside.

I sometimes do something like that---I remind myself that every time I re-check a doorknob, I am wearing it out and contributing to its possible future breakage. :)

People forget.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2010, 05:24:23 AM »
I have noticed when you're in love with someone, you're more likely to let them touch you than your average person. That's the way it is for me, I'd almost punch someone or generally feel nervous if they hugged me, but if my girlfriend did it then I'd not mind at all.

There's also preparing yourself for it, tell your friends etc. to tell you that they're going to do any drastic things like hugging etc. so you'd be ready for it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:26:22 AM by Mr Shledge »

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2010, 05:28:30 AM »
I sometimes do something like that---I remind myself that every time I re-check a doorknob, I am wearing it out and contributing to its possible future breakage. :)

I don't really bother with that shite, I know that if something breaks it will happen out of nowhere. You can't anticipate these things.

Besides, doorknobs can take some abuse. Don't expect them to fail for ages.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2010, 05:29:57 AM »

I don't really bother with that shite, I know that if something breaks it will happen out of nowhere. You can't anticipate these things.

Besides, doorknobs can take some abuse. Don't expect them to fail for ages.

It's more an excuse I use to give myself permission to stop checking and re-checking. Also, I do break things; I seem to be too rough with them! :emb:

People forget.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2010, 06:43:37 AM »

Sounds fun. There's a place nearby that's used by swingers. I might just pitch a tent and see what happens.:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah about the touching thing it can start off as a fear or bad experience, and snowball because of obsessive thoughts. Happened to me when I was 12.

I was about 14 and I never had any problem with touch. I went out drinking with some friends and we met some people from my school. I walked to the shop with one of the guys from my school. I hhardly knew him. He tried it on with me but I told him to fuck off. I thought that was the end of it but he went into school and started spreading nasty rumours about me. At my school just about the worst insult to give to a girl was to say she has a smelly pussy. The guy told everyone that I tried to have sex with him but he refused me because I was too smelly down there. It was complete lies. I've always had good hygiene, and I would never have slept with him anyway. I was amazed when everyone believed him. I had been bullied quite a lot before then, but after that it reached a new level. I got the nickname Miss Fishy.  :hahaha: It's quite funny now but it was horrible at the time. Any time anyone stood near me they would make a nasty comment. Some of the girls even became qquite violent towards me. I'd done well at school up untill then but I ended up leaving at 15 without any quallifications. Ever since then I've felt really awkward when anyone enters my personal space, and as the years have passed it has snowballed to become a bigger problem.

There is a way you can stop yourself slamming the door, but it requires some mind control. Tricking your mind into thinking that the car door will fall off (even though thats stupid) if you do it.

I'll give it a try, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to trick my mind into believing something It knows isn't true.

I have noticed when you're in love with someone, you're more likely to let them touch you than your average person. That's the way it is for me, I'd almost punch someone or generally feel nervous if they hugged me, but if my girlfriend did it then I'd not mind at all.

You are right. I've never come close to loving any of the guys I've gone out with. I've never even really felt comfortable with any of them. My best friend was a really touchy-feely person and I never had a problem with her hugging me or entering my personal space. I felt really comfortable with her, and as I've mentioned before I've had a major girl crush on her.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2010, 06:53:55 AM »
If :pinkbeat: Ian McDiarmid :pinkbeat: wanted to hug me, I would be most willing!

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2010, 06:54:39 AM »

Sounds fun. There's a place nearby that's used by swingers. I might just pitch a tent and see what happens.:LOL: :LOL:

Yeah about the touching thing it can start off as a fear or bad experience, and snowball because of obsessive thoughts. Happened to me when I was 12.

I was about 14 and I never had any problem with touch. I went out drinking with some friends and we met some people from my school. I walked to the shop with one of the guys from my school. I hhardly knew him. He tried it on with me but I told him to fuck off. I thought that was the end of it but he went into school and started spreading nasty rumours about me. At my school just about the worst insult to give to a girl was to say she has a smelly pussy. The guy told everyone that I tried to have sex with him but he refused me because I was too smelly down there. It was complete lies. I've always had good hygiene, and I would never have slept with him anyway. I was amazed when everyone believed him. I had been bullied quite a lot before then, but after that it reached a new level. I got the nickname Miss Fishy.  :hahaha: It's quite funny now but it was horrible at the time. Any time anyone stood near me they would make a nasty comment. Some of the girls even became qquite violent towards me. I'd done well at school up untill then but I ended up leaving at 15 without any quallifications. Ever since then I've felt really awkward when anyone enters my personal space, and as the years have passed it has snowballed to become a bigger problem.

There is a way you can stop yourself slamming the door, but it requires some mind control. Tricking your mind into thinking that the car door will fall off (even though thats stupid) if you do it.

I'll give it a try, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to trick my mind into believing something It knows isn't true.

You are right. I've never come close to loving any of the guys I've gone out with. I've never even really felt comfortable with any of them. My best friend was a really touchy-feely person and I never had a problem with her hugging me or entering my personal space. I felt really comfortable with her, and as I've mentioned before I've had a major girl crush on her.

I wish nasty STDs upon all the bitches and bastards who bullied you. :grrr:

People forget.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2010, 07:10:34 AM »
I wish nasty STDs upon all the bitches and bastards who bullied you.

Thanks. I don't wish ill on most of the people who bullied me. I met a few of the girls who done it quite recently and they were very aapologetic and they said they were ashamed of what they done. I've done some crappy things myself when I was a kid. The only person I still hold a grudge against is the guy who started the rumour because it was a total lie and he admited in private to me that he only done it to embarrass me, and every time the name calling looked like it was dying down he would start it up again and make sure everybody remembered it. I do hope something really nasty happens to him.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2010, 07:13:27 AM »
I was curious about your intimacy issues at first, because I was wondering what could make you avoid things that feel good. But then...

The guy told everyone that I tried to have sex with him but he refused me because I was too smelly down there.

Oh. >:( I see now.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
I can't leave this be. See, this is what i'm always ranting about. The perfect example actually.

Why can't people just let others live their lives without fucking around with their confidence and well being? I mean internet trolling is one thing, because it teaches people that they need to be indifferent in most situations online. In more personal situations though, like this one, and ESPECIALLY in real life....

You get the picture right? What pisses me off is that these kind of people seem to be getting something out of doing this kind of shit, which strikes me as pure fucking evil. If i'm a witness to this, i'll usually charge in and fight over it. IRL, i'll get physical about it too.

How can someone benefit from decreasing the quality of someone elses life?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"