Author Topic: Post, FFS!  (Read 15198 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post, FFS!
« Reply #750 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:50 AM »
  I hope the new hip is soon up to par and you are going places at top speed!  :headbang2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #751 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:30 AM »
Good luck with the new hip.

Thanks.

Waking up after the surgery, realizing that you can not move half of your lower body, is the worst of it. Or you think so until you have to fart or something that demands involuntary movements down below.  :yikes:

At least that is what you think, knowing you are done moving for a day or two, until an A-Team of large nurses stands you up and makes you take a few steps, barely conscious after four and a half hours of general anesthesia.  :'(    (REALLY!!???!!)

It is amazing how quickly they set you on the road to recovery these days! :headbang2:

Now, fives weeks after surgery, I am still on pain meds, but I am doing  great in physical therapy.

Bloody hell. I don't ever want to experience that.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #752 on: February 23, 2013, 03:42:02 AM »

Thanks.

Waking up after the surgery, realizing that you can not move half of your lower body, is the worst of it. Or you think so until you have to fart or something that demands involuntary movements down below.  :yikes:

At least that is what you think, knowing you are done moving for a day or two, until an A-Team of large nurses stands you up and makes you take a few steps, barely conscious after four and a half hours of general anesthesia.  :'(    (REALLY!!???!!)

It is amazing how quickly they set you on the road to recovery these days! :headbang2:

Now, fives weeks after surgery, I am still on pain meds, but I am doing  great in physical therapy.
I hope your recovery goes well.  :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #753 on: February 23, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »

Thanks.

What?? You got a new hip?

Well, yes, two, actually.

Do I know you?

I am sure you know of me. I am Duckfetishgirl

Sorry, I have no previous knowledge of who or what you are. I have been offline for a bit, attending personal health issues.

Either way, you presume to post to me as if you know me.

All forgivenesses for such presumptions are established as given in my realm upon first whim at contact with a "new" entity.

Now, tell ME at some point soon about yourself. I could put up a link to my previous posts, in order to introduce myself, but such assumption on my part would be, let us just say, most presumptuous on my part, since you surely know how to find my previous gagillion posts if you actually cared to know anything about me before presuming as much as you have.   :o

Looking ahead, I will find your posts, digest them, interpret them and come back with a determination of my own attitude toward your presentations to this board before I answer you again. I am fair.

Otherwise, without knowing anything about you ...   :GA: ... it might be difficult for you and I to  communicate in 2D.

:-\

Upon a decidedly expressive protrusive gesture of established proper manners though, thanks. Really, thanks.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #754 on: February 23, 2013, 11:18:08 PM »
:laugh: That was great. Have been wanting to say welcome back to you too, dirtdawg, but have avoided for this very reason, as you do tend to blaze in and out and only remember a certain few. You however, are more memorable than some of the rest, it would seem.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #755 on: February 23, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »
Posting, FFS:

Had another complete hip joint replacement, three weeks ago. I am now a bi-pedal bionic man.

:violin:

First one done ( a year ago, remember?) is well healed and working like a charm. Second hip replacement is still a work in progress.

Good times ahead!!

WOW!

Hope the recovery after this one goes easier than after the first one.

All is well!! Thanks!
 :-*

Long time no see mate. Hope you recover quickly and as painlessly as possible

GAWD, yes thanks for the humble prayer  >:D

As to pain on a daily basis, one thinks ... is it compounding and multiplying to some sum you will eventually give up on or is it counting down to a level upon which on can live and begin to tolerate ... on a daily basis. I have to admit that as the days progress forward, I am a bit less dire to kill myself each day.  :violin:

TBH, a bit of positive feeling comes with each new degree of new pain, unlike before the surgery.

I have been through this before!! (last year, remember? I am a tougher old bastard than most can know and my second trial will be a piece 'o cake compared to the first)  I will get through this latest with my BOOTS on!!!

Thanks for your thoughts!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #756 on: February 23, 2013, 11:27:56 PM »
:laugh: That was great. Have been wanting to say welcome back to you too, dirtdawg, but have avoided for this very reason, as you do tend to blaze in and out and only remember a certain few. You however, are more memorable than some of the rest, it would seem.

Honestly, I really enjoy new people ...  (I often mark their posts ... :poop:) (I am NOT all that fucking autistic.  :()  ... and anyone who displays an interest in my interests show themselves instantly to be my "friends" without notice.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #757 on: February 23, 2013, 11:43:25 PM »

Thanks.

I have to tell  you, though, one can reach a point where one counts down to the day when the "knife,"  with all the ensuing implications,  seems so much more desirable than continuing on as you have been for months with what you have been suffering.

I do have two new hips and there is a degree of pain still, but I can exercise, I can ride my bike, I can garden, I can sit and write my poetry, I can live  to see another day with wonder in my heart, unlike before!!  I am looking ahead, now, instead of just wishing I could find a painless drug to die for.

Life is good! Feeling good is good for life!

:headbang2:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #758 on: February 23, 2013, 11:53:32 PM »
:include:

I can not express (you know, now, how deeply I am reaching)  how much this worries me about the possibility that we had ever "talked."

???

(the smiley I keep trying to post is most inappropriate, so I'll just go with a request for my need for (no, of) your assessment ...)

:angel:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 12:00:33 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #759 on: February 24, 2013, 12:00:08 AM »

Honestly, I really enjoy new people ...  (I often mark their posts ... :poop:) (I am NOT all that fucking autistic.  :()  ... and anyone who displays an interest in my interests show themselves instantly to be my "friends" without notice.

Not really sure if you're response is one of being offended, but my post wasn't intended as such. Anyway, Welcome back, DirtDawg.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #760 on: February 24, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »

Not really sure if you're response is one of being offended, but my post wasn't intended as such. Anyway, Welcome back, DirtDawg.

Uhm, please, tell me that you do not think that a Dawg dropping a marker is an insult.
 :LOL:

Nah, I do not know anything about you. The reverse is also true.

I have to admit to being a bit glad, even overwhelmed, at experiencing most anything beautiful , these days.

I will get over myself, eventually. Do not hold your breath.

:asthing:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #761 on: February 24, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
Nah, it was this frowny face in your post that made me wonder if you were offended. This is getting spazzy and weird now. Jack will stop being awkward eventually. Don't hold your breath. :asthing:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #762 on: February 24, 2013, 12:20:48 AM »
Nah, it was this frowny face in your post that made me wonder if you were offended. This is getting spazzy and weird now. Jack will stop being awkward eventually. Don't hold your breath. :asthing:

*exhales*

:^)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #763 on: February 24, 2013, 02:50:26 AM »

Thanks.

I have to tell  you, though, one can reach a point where one counts down to the day when the "knife,"  with all the ensuing implications,  seems so much more desirable than continuing on as you have been for months with what you have been suffering.

I do have two new hips and there is a degree of pain still, but I can exercise, I can ride my bike, I can garden, I can sit and write my poetry, I can live  to see another day with wonder in my heart, unlike before!!  I am looking ahead, now, instead of just wishing I could find a painless drug to die for.

Happy for you, mate. :)

Do you need a cane or some such help at all?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #764 on: February 24, 2013, 05:00:30 PM »

Thanks.

Happy for you, mate. :)

Do you need a cane or some such help at all?

Cane for now.  Mainly for when I feel pain in the joint.

Pain meds are ongoing for another six months, I am told. Off the massive 15mG Percodan - on the ten mG Hydrocodone/ double every four hours ... for now.

Still a little rough without the meds, but my exercises are ahead of the game, according to the docs.

At Physical Therapy yesterday, I was doing a leg press exercise at 220 lbs/five sets of twenty (nurse tried to give me 80 lbs to start - I told her to give me something to push against.) Some particular movements that you would think would be easy are next to impossible, however. :violin: