Author Topic: No one gives a fuck if you don't like someone on another forum.  (Read 3251 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: No one gives a fuck if you don't like someone on another forum.
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
Al Gore told me he created the internetz

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

He was instrumental in creating government support and funding for the development of the modern day internet.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »

He was instrumental in creating government support and funding for the development of the modern day internet.

That was so geeky. I am so proud of you  :P. Good to see you back Flander-eeno.

As to the original post. Yes.
I have no issue with things being introduced here for a quick laugh or a vent. But when they become infused into the general interaction to a greater way then there is a real who gives a shit about it.
Example:
If I was on another forum and I did or said something I thought was funny and wanted to share here because I thought that was funny, I may do it as a throwaway post without the want to harp on about it.
If I thought something someone had done was really fucking un believable in "WTF?" I might post it so we all can shake our heads.

Compare that to Starting a thread and posting post after post about this individual, then relating this person in "That reminds me of so-and so" or "the situation reminds me of what so" and so does or so on. Then on top of that if someone posts in a style you consider similar to so and so you reinforce it for good measure by saying "You gave me a scare, I thought you so and so". (Oh and let's not forget calling any newbie that posts that person and treating them with unfounded suspicion.

Most people won't care about this person and even the short rant or laugh as I posted above (what I would do) , for most is going to be more than what they want to hear about. Less is best for sure
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »

It's been around a lot longer than that. ARPANET (the model from which the modern internet grew) was established in 1966. The World Wide Web came about in 1990.

Actually it wasn't until 1969 that the first message was transmitted over the Arpanet, even though the first work can be dated as far back as 1963. The *public* WWW happened in 1991 or 1992, depending on who you ask (the W3C, for example, will usually say 1992), but Tim Berners-Lee's paper came about in the late 80's. OTOH, he based it on both his own early work (uni, if I remember it correctly), the SGML ISO standard (the predecessor to XML), and the HyTime extension to SGML. SGML dates from the late 60's and HyTime from the late 80's.

In other words, lots of dates of which many or even most can be debated endlessly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 08:51:09 AM »

It's been around a lot longer than that. ARPANET (the model from which the modern internet grew) was established in 1966. The World Wide Web came about in 1990.

Actually it wasn't until 1969 that the first message was transmitted over the Arpanet, even though the first work can be dated as far back as 1963. The *public* WWW happened in 1991 or 1992, depending on who you ask (the W3C, for example, will usually say 1992), but Tim Berners-Lee's paper came about in the late 80's. OTOH, he based it on both his own early work (uni, if I remember it correctly), the SGML ISO standard (the predecessor to XML), and the HyTime extension to SGML. SGML dates from the late 60's and HyTime from the late 80's.

In other words, lots of dates of which many or even most can be debated endlessly.

Damn Odeon. You are a bigger geek than Flanders. I am in awe or maybe very scared.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline LuckyBunny

• Part of the Chaos
  • Unscripted, unplanned and unintelligent
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »
I like drama, but not from other places than where I see it. I also see no point in rivalry. Of course, I do impose upon myself a rule that WP should be referred to as 'that site that shall remain nameless' and things like that, but in all honesty I don't mind if people prefer that place. It's all down on preference. I like this place, they like that place. No amount of bitching about them is going to change it.

All said, though, I do enjoy laughing at the Plankster. I've had first hand experience of how much of a lolcow he is, and I'm willing to share an almost full day's chat log featuring his remarkable displays of 'leadership'.

Other than just him, I've nothing against other sites or the people on them, and prefer not to participate in the dramas involved, save for maybe throwing in a comment or 2 for lulz factor alone.
The above post was brought to you by a great big humanoid bunny. Think that through in terms of your sanity before formulating a reply.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 11:44:57 AM »

Damn Odeon. You are a bigger geek than Flanders. I am in awe or maybe very scared.

:laugh:

It just so happens that I've worked with SGML and XML for the past 15 years. HyTime was always my favourite SGML-related spec.

I know, that makes me an even bigger geek but still...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 03:41:28 PM »

Just starting to dig into XML, I like it.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »
XML is fun. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »
XML is fun. ;D

Xtra Medium Large?  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Scrapheap

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »
All said, though, I do enjoy laughing at the Plankster. I've had first hand experience of how much of a lolcow he is, and I'm willing to share an almost full day's chat log featuring his remarkable displays of 'leadership'.

What has that assclown been up to recently?? I don't pay too much attention to that place anymore. Has he gone on a jihad  banning anyone who is smarter than him??  :laugh:

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 02:23:55 AM »

Seriously. Deal with it there.

Nah I think people should bitch and rant if they want. You're all so anal about the fact people rant about WP members here.. you're forgetting what it's not: Moderated.

Don't like it? BAW BAW BAW I don't like half the garbage people post here, but I do something about it: ignore serial offenders or just don't read threads which look rubbish to me.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 02:37:50 AM »
That is the beauty of this place, I can be a total asshole without censure if I feel like it. ;D

So... How did your threesome with Tim_Tex and KenM go by the way? Did you take pix? :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:22 AM »

Seriously. Deal with it there.

Nah I think people should bitch and rant if they want. You're all so anal about the fact people rant about WP members here.. you're forgetting what it's not: Moderated.

Don't like it? BAW BAW BAW I don't like half the garbage people post here, but I do something about it: ignore serial offenders or just don't read threads which look rubbish to me.

Don't like it BAW BAW BAW...well the same could be said for your whingeing about members from other sites.

If you can't debate or dispute a point on a particular site you are on, why come here and complain. It's getting tedious. It's basically all you contribute. And sure, that's your choice, but it's getting a bit old Fiona. Seriously.

You ignore threads that look like rubbish to you? For the most part, you don't give a fuck about here, you just come here to mouth off about other sites.  :yawn:

Haven't you got something better to do than bitch about online people? Albeit, mostly behind their backs, which is worse. And weak.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 04:43:35 AM »
gtf over it.

I just think the thread is hypocritical. Yeah, I bitch. Yeah, it annoys people. At least I can admit it, unlike all the bitchers about people bitching about threads on other forums, which is just as annoying.  But free for all forums is free for all, like it or lump it. Don't try and change what people post.
If you have a problem with it, go somewhere where bitching about people on other forums is not allowed.

Or you can make or contribute to a million threads about it on here, like this one... but guess what.. that makes you just as bad as me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:48:44 AM by fatty mcblob »