Educational

Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46194 times)

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #1155 on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
wonder how Jerry is doing today

Convicted in 45 counts, and looking good in his colorful new jumpsuit. :thumbup:

Found some random glassware in a junk box...damn....no baby Jesus for the truck (my stuffed squirrel could use company).

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1156 on: June 28, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »
A couple of garden statues in need of some clean up and a vintage drafting lamp.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1157 on: June 28, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »
A couple of garden statues in need of some clean up and a vintage drafting lamp.

I like those lamps very much and have a bunch of them around the house, office workshop ect,  I also have them for sale up at the flea market.   I have $15 on them other people sell them for more but I have never paid a cent of any of the ones I have
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #1158 on: June 28, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
This one is going in the work room.  :thumbup:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1159 on: June 28, 2012, 08:04:52 PM »
Found I can still walk 5 miles when necessary

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1160 on: June 29, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
That G_d does not like nasty.  I have trouble liking one of the kids (Kenny) the PR bowls with.  A real obnoxious, active boy who tries to interact intimately with the guy (Daniel) the PR bowls with.  (They both go to the Special School and are in Summer Camp there also).  Anyway, the PR had a talk with Kenny's PCA.  I went up to apologize for anything that she might have said that was impolite.  The PCA told me it was alright, that Kenny wasn't listening to her either and she'd had to call the parents.  Anyway, Kenny is off his Ritalin for the summer and some other medication isn't quite right yet.  The clincher was that at least his Leukemia is in remission.

There wasn't a hole close enough for me to crawl into with my mean thoughts.  Yep, G_d does not like nasty.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1161 on: June 29, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
I have absolutely been in a situation similar to yours with one of Ladybugs little friends. I can't stand her. I fear she's nothing but trouble and I wouldn't be surprised to hear she's knocked up before she's 15. Then I heard about her awful home life and the things she's been exposed to at her young age (she's 7) and I wanted to crawl into a hole. So now I feel bad for her, but I still don't like her and I don't encourage playdates between the two girls. Sigh.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1162 on: June 30, 2012, 02:58:35 AM »
Today i have found my farm all withered. :grrr:
blah blah blah

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1163 on: June 30, 2012, 03:49:28 PM »
Today I found a new little Mexican restaurant around the corner from my house that has the best fajitas. So good!
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1164 on: June 30, 2012, 03:51:51 PM »
An Atari game system at a tag sale with six or seven games I have yet to try it out though

George Bernard Shaw

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1165 on: June 30, 2012, 05:43:23 PM »
An Atari game system at a tag sale with six or seven games I have yet to try it out though
My son would have lost his mind with that find. He collects retro games/gaming systems. It's his aspie obsession :)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1166 on: July 01, 2012, 01:56:38 AM »
My son would have lost his mind with that find. He collects retro games/gaming systems. It's his aspie obsession :)
A lot of people have that same obsession and they go very fast up at the market.  I find them at tag sales frequently and even on the side of the road in junk piles.  Where I sell there are people who specialize in them and have box after box of games

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1167 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »
A vial of 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methyl-phenyl-beta-nitrostyrene. Two of them actually. I knew where one was, but that one only held 80-85mg or so. The other one held nearly 2.5g; and I'd been searching all over the house for it, busting a bollock to find the damn thing. Eventually found it, behind a bottle of milkshake flavoring in the kitchen. Now I have to search all over again, and bust the other bollock to find my tank of argon, as the reduction process, using LAH requires a dried inert atmosphere.

Should be a fun day, working in the lab. Got the flasks ready, clamped on the hotplate/magnetic stirrer, all ready to go. If I can't find the tank of argon, I'll fill another flask with a little LiAlH4, and (bloody carefully) add some methanol with a little H2O in it. Has to be done drop by drop, but that will release hydrogen, which can serve as the inert atmosphere once it has been led through a tube of anhydrous CaCl2 to dry it
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1168 on: July 01, 2012, 03:47:24 AM »
Found an XJ/X308 brake light switch on eBay. I'm planning to retrofit cruise control on my new Jag and need one of those.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1169 on: July 01, 2012, 04:13:14 AM »
Just found my lock blade. I kinda stole it from The Bitch From Tartarus, I.E my abusive, psychotic former housemate. When I kicked the cocksucking hellwhore out, thats one of the things I kept. Real good quality knife. Those penknives that come with all the bells and whistles possible tend to have thin blades that could easily break if used to pry something out of a tight hole. This just has the one blade, thick, but damn sharp. Just used it to pull some 5-(2-aminopropyl)indole out of its bag to snort :)

Feeling pretty good, after dosing the 5-IT and some 6-APB. Never tried 6-APB before.
Feeling slightly shaky, my hyperreflexia is increased, although not much cardiovascular push. Color enhancement, vision blurred, its hard to read  the computer clock, and hard to read the forums. Some increase in body temperature, but nothing concerning, although, paradoxically I feel a bit cold. I think I'll grab my trench, to warm up. Some jaw tension, slight bruxism. I want to find something to chew on. I need to find some chewing gum. I know I have some around here somewhere.  (found it)
*chomps on entire pack of gum*

I wish I had some chelated Mg, to ease the jaw tension. I'd go to the lab..but the bottle I have, labeled MgSO4 is actually triphenylphosphine, but the foreign chemical company labeled it as magnesium sulfate to get around some shipping law or other regarding toxic chemicals. Although TPP isn't hideously poisonous, it is somewhat toxic. I got poisoned by it once, as it was a contaminant in a batch of methylone (the cathinone analog of MDMA), ended up coughing up blood. Nasty experience that was.

Weight-9 stone 9-10 lb
Gender-male
Age-just turned 26
Other factors-smoker, classical autie. Other drugs in system-60mg baclofen to ease the muscle cramps I've been having problems with in my calf muscle, a couple of grams of pregabalin, about half to 3/4 a can of carlsberg earlier. Probably still some morphine in my system from the big pot of poppy pod tea yesterday
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.