Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46193 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »
Well, technically I found this on Saturday evening.

Found out that my suspicions of having new neighbours again, were right. And, some of them will be replaced within a few days again too. Seems were living next to a temp lodging now.

The company that rents out the houses seems to know nothing about that.

Weird.

Is the official tenant subletting the house then?  :orly:

Seems that the official tenant is a company. They use the house for employees. Before, that meant that we had families nextdoor, for an extended time. Now, within a couple of weeks only, there have been changes in people who live nextdoor already, and, if I understood the guy I talked to the other day, it will be an ongoing process.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #541 on: August 29, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Well, technically I found this on Saturday evening.

Found out that my suspicions of having new neighbours again, were right. And, some of them will be replaced within a few days again too. Seems were living next to a temp lodging now.

The company that rents out the houses seems to know nothing about that.

Weird.

Is the official tenant subletting the house then?  :orly:

Seems that the official tenant is a company. They use the house for employees. Before, that meant that we had families nextdoor, for an extended time. Now, within a couple of weeks only, there have been changes in people who live nextdoor already, and, if I understood the guy I talked to the other day, it will be an ongoing process.

As long as someone is checking these people out...I remember a neighbor of mine in the apartment building moved in a roomate without permission,
without the landlords' even knowing about it. I thought maybe the official tenant of the house was letting random people move in off the street.  :o
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #542 on: August 29, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
I guess that's legal, but could they be running a semi-hotel that might be illegal in a family neighborhood?  Zoning is a quirky thing.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #543 on: August 30, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »
I guess that's legal, but could they be running a semi-hotel that might be illegal in a family neighborhood?  Zoning is a quirky thing.

That's a good question.  :-\

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #544 on: August 30, 2010, 01:38:01 PM »
I've wanted to shave my head sometimes but I'm not allowed to so I just keep it very short.

When I had long hair and wanted to have it cut my husband was not enthused about the idea of women with short hair.  I explained to him that I could have long hair and he would think I'm sexy or I could have short hair and be happy.  Which way did he think he was going to get more sex? 

He ran for the scissors.

This is why women always win in the end.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #545 on: August 30, 2010, 01:55:08 PM »
I found my missing dustpan and brush!  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #546 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »

I don't think they are that pleased at the housing company. This is supposed to be for permanent residents, not for people staying for just a couple of weeks. Wonder if they will let the main tenant know that they are not amused.

The random neighbours are OK so far. So, I have no direct problems. But it is good to know who are living next door. Certainly when they live that close next door.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #547 on: August 30, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »

I don't think they are that pleased at the housing company. This is supposed to be for permanent residents, not for people staying for just a couple of weeks. Wonder if they will let the main tenant know that they are not amused.

The random neighbours are OK so far. So, I have no direct problems. But it is good to know who are living next door. Certainly when they live that close next door.

Yeah, that's the objection I would have to all these temporary people.  :-\

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #548 on: August 30, 2010, 02:57:44 PM »

Yes, and the area where I live is meant for people living there longer. A tenant has to rent the place for at least a year, or they won't get a place. Lots of people would love to live here. And there is this main tenant, placing new batches of temporary workers in it.

Before he would put families in that at least stayed a couple of years. That's OK with me.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #549 on: August 30, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »

:zombiefuck: The rapid rotation of new neighbors would seriously freak me out. But then neighbors in general tend to still freak me out.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #550 on: August 30, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »

:zombiefuck: The rapid rotation of new neighbors would seriously freak me out. But then neighbors in general tend to still freak me out.

They would freak me out if they were around a lot. But, it took me a while to even notice I had a second batch of new neighbours. I had missed the new scent of some particular cigarettes. But that was about it. My neighbours mainly come here to sleep. And I may see one of them only once every 4 or 5 days. I don't even have an idea how many people are living next to me.

Would prefer less random neighbours. But, not noticing neighbours isn't a bad think imo.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #551 on: August 30, 2010, 06:46:45 PM »
A lot of stuff

Some old 1970's cub scout uniforms
Axis and Allies the board game
Risk the Lord of the Rings Edition
some wooden skis
An  old very nice wooden swivel office chair
6 bowling balls
Some scrap metal
a few old uncola glasses
various other things
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »

What do they become when they are no longer people?  ???

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »

When they cease to amuse me :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

P7PSP

« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »

When they cease to amuse me :zoinks:
Answer the question cbc. Being offline is no excuse!  :zoinks: