Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46193 times)

P7PSP

Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #420 on: August 08, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »
Rats are hideous.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #421 on: August 08, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
Here's one in relation to the size of a hand.

http://joondalup.inmycommunity.com.au/_uploads/ArticleFeed/resized_rakali_300_300_FitSquare.jpg

That one looks nice and sleek!   :toporly:

Yes, but imagine the scenario....purring cat snuggled into my back....I roll over to give the cat some attention before I get up to leave....cat actually puts his paws on my chest to push me back down in the bed....knows I am going to leave soon....

Cat runs to get his 'present' for me, just in time for when I swing my feet across and off the bed.

It got to the point where his 'Daddy' used to have to lock him in a room for the night otherwise I would have this love crazy cat in the bed purring all over me all night and dead gift in the morning.

My former landlady had an absolutely beautiful orange tabby, one of the warmest cats I've ever met  :heart: , who once gifted her with a dead shrew!
He approached her as she was eating her cereal on the deck on morning, dropped the shrew in her bowl, drank the rest of her milk, and ran off, pleased with himself!  :laugh:

God. Not sure if that's a fair swap!

In his dear little mind it was. He was worth it, one of the most loving pets I've ever known.  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #422 on: August 08, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
I had a very small adult Siamese cat who chased a Norway Rat.  This one was slightly smaller than she was.  I screamed at ther to stop, and thankfully she did.  I know she would have ended up on the short end of that fight.  Norway Rats are vicious.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #423 on: August 08, 2010, 09:31:22 PM »
I had a very small adult Siamese cat who chased a Norway Rat.  This one was slightly smaller than she was.  I screamed at ther to stop, and thankfully she did.  I know she would have ended up on the short end of that fight.  Norway Rats are vicious.

I must Google these creatures! Glad you saved your cat in time!  :orly:

People forget.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #424 on: August 09, 2010, 03:47:57 AM »

http://joondalup.inmycommunity.com.au/_uploads/ArticleFeed/resized_rakali_300_300_FitSquare.jpg

Yes, but imagine the scenario....purring cat snuggled into my back....I roll over to give the cat some attention before I get up to leave....cat actually puts his paws on my chest to push me back down in the bed....knows I am going to leave soon....

Cat runs to get his 'present' for me, just in time for when I swing my feet across and off the bed.

It got to the point where his 'Daddy' used to have to lock him in a room for the night otherwise I would have this love crazy cat in the bed purring all over me all night and dead gift in the morning.

My former landlady had an absolutely beautiful orange tabby, one of the warmest cats I've ever met  :heart: , who once gifted her with a dead shrew!
He approached her as she was eating her cereal on the deck on morning, dropped the shrew in her bowl, drank the rest of her milk, and ran off, pleased with himself!  :laugh:

In his dear little mind it was. He was worth it, one of the most loving pets I've ever known.  :)

Do cat's eat shrews in the USA. The shrews here will be catched, but never eaten, they are said to taste foul.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #425 on: August 09, 2010, 03:51:17 AM »

The very small cat of my parents did catch these rats, she went for rabbits much bigger than her too, and managed to get them inside through the window. One day she even brought a huge European Polecat. That must have been a fight that could have gone both ways. She was a fierce hunter indeed.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #426 on: August 09, 2010, 04:29:18 AM »

Do cat's eat shrews in the USA. The shrews here will be catched, but never eaten, they are said to taste foul.

I don't know if he ever ate anything he caught outside. That shrew was just his little trophy, which he proudly awarded to his "mom."  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #427 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:25 AM »
Just found my misplaced WALLET. I have GOT to get better organized!  :duh: :duh: :duh:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #428 on: August 09, 2010, 06:02:01 AM »
Found that I still remember the security code to my work. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #429 on: August 09, 2010, 08:17:19 AM »
A tripod for a telescope while I was at the dump now only to find a use for it :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #430 on: August 09, 2010, 10:28:23 AM »
Just found my misplaced WALLET. I have GOT to get better organized!  :duh: :duh: :duh:

When you get back from your playcation, did you notice that I'd taken all the $$$$$ out of the wallet before I put it back?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #431 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:07 AM »
A big box of naked Barbie dolls sitting at the curb. :laugh: I'll probably clean them up a bit and give them to the neighbors granddaughters, after I see what I've got.

Bunch of dvd's, a few clothes, a lava lamp & a stuffed squirrel (don't ask ::) )....at the rummage sale.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #432 on: August 12, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »
Nothing they kept me away from the nice pile at the dump when I went
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #433 on: August 12, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »

The very small cat of my parents did catch these rats, she went for rabbits much bigger than her too, and managed to get them inside through the window. One day she even brought a huge European Polecat. That must have been a fight that could have gone both ways. She was a fierce hunter indeed.

My aunt had a totally fearless Siamese cat named Ching.  Ching actually stole a pet rabbit out of the neighbor's lap and killed the rabbit.  One of the "fondest" memories I have of Ching is her riding on the back of a full grown Boxer with teeth and claws firmly attached to the dog just because the dog decided to come into her territory.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #434 on: August 12, 2010, 07:11:24 PM »

When you get back from your playcation, did you notice that I'd taken all the $$$$$ out of the wallet before I put it back?

Did you?! Oh well, you didn't get much!  :smarty:

People forget.