Educational

Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46201 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2895 on: April 19, 2020, 10:18:27 AM »
My iPhone charger ive been trying to find for ages which I've ended up replacing and now I don't even own the iPhone.
Figures  :lol1:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2896 on: April 25, 2020, 11:33:41 PM »
My token that I use to get a trolley at Aldi. I thought it was lost forever. Turns out that I didn't need it anyway but at least I know where it is now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2897 on: May 02, 2020, 04:35:06 PM »
A couple hatchets I forgot about while cleaning in the shed they were buried under a box of scraps of copper sheeting
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2898 on: May 02, 2020, 07:53:49 PM »
My will to meditate again.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2899 on: May 02, 2020, 08:34:00 PM »
Can't seem to will to do it; a completely broken part of my routine. One of the things missed about going into the office. There's a small retaining pond at the back end of the parking lot. Took break time there alone every day and just stared at it. Can't even say the number of brilliant ideas, moments of clarity, problem solving, achieved over the years ,from those waters while thinking of nothing.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2900 on: May 03, 2020, 07:00:08 AM »
Can't seem to will to do it; a completely broken part of my routine. One of the things missed about going into the office. There's a small retaining pond at the back end of the parking lot. Took break time there alone every day and just stared at it. Can't even say the number of brilliant ideas, moments of clarity, problem solving, achieved over the years ,from those waters while thinking of nothing.
I found that with everyone home (which can do my head in because I need a lot of space and quiet to feel balanced), that I had to do it laying down. So open up one of the bedroom windows which faces tons of cedar trees and a pond, and I lay down on my side and watch the trees while I do it. Depending on the time of day, I hear birds, frogs, the sound of the small fountain in the pond etc. I've had to build in times during my day to make myself go there and just be for a bit. It helps.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2901 on: May 03, 2020, 08:42:29 AM »
I found that with everyone home (which can do my head in because I need a lot of space and quiet to feel balanced), that I had to do it laying down. So open up one of the bedroom windows which faces tons of cedar trees and a pond, and I lay down on my side and watch the trees while I do it. Depending on the time of day, I hear birds, frogs, the sound of the small fountain in the pond etc. I've had to build in times during my day to make myself go there and just be for a bit. It helps.
Thankfully the home is a quiet calm space; just have a fifteen year old routine of compartmentalizing life and all my tidy boxes have been tossed into a single box. Though have thus far been extremely fortunate. Not sure how long that will last, so am staying focused on being grateful for still actually having all the stuff from my boxes. In the meantime cleaning seems to be a decent stress relief, so that's something good. I'll just clean my big ole box.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2902 on: May 03, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
Thankfully the home is a quiet calm space; just have a fifteen year old routine of compartmentalizing life and all my tidy boxes have been tossed into a single box. Though have thus far been extremely fortunate. Not sure how long that will last, so am staying focused on being grateful for still actually having all the stuff from my boxes. In the meantime cleaning seems to be a decent stress relief, so that's something good. I'll just clean my big ole box.
I love this. It really is a healthy way to go about it :heart:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2903 on: May 03, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »
That remains to be seen. Husband warned about doing too much while cleaning the kitchen fridge today. Cleaning has always been a positive coping tool, but have been growing old and can't physically handle big doses like in the past. In recent years, have been known to clean to the point of injury. This doesn't negate the plan to wipe down the washer and dryer today.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2904 on: May 03, 2020, 02:06:03 PM »
That mice had gotten into some of my flea market bins :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2905 on: May 03, 2020, 04:03:34 PM »
That remains to be seen. Husband warned about doing too much while cleaning the kitchen fridge today. Cleaning has always been a positive coping tool, but have been growing old and can't physically handle big doses like in the past. In recent years, have been known to clean to the point of injury. This doesn't negate the plan to wipe down the washer and dryer today.
ah...in that case, boundaries my friend. Respecting your body and it's limitations while still trying to meet a need is a tricky balance but a necessary one.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2906 on: May 04, 2020, 04:26:25 AM »
I finally , finally resorted to Google to find out WTF the word "feat" means, as employed in the titles of music videos, specifically . (I already knew what it meant in other contexts)
It's short for "featuring". Oh.
So, now, I'll no longer half-expect to find the band balancing plates on their noses as they sing, or anything like that.   :LOL:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #2907 on: May 04, 2020, 07:58:44 AM »
A flat tyre. Think I'm going to have to get it replaced sooner than I'd hoped, it's got a slow leak but it seems to be speeding up a bit.  :apondering:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2908 on: May 04, 2020, 08:22:31 AM »
^Daughter's car had that. Turned out to be a nail in the tyre and easily fixed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #2909 on: May 04, 2020, 08:26:45 AM »
Could be. Last one I had turned out to be a cracked wheel rim. That wasn't cheap.  :bigcry:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse: