Author Topic: What did you find today?  (Read 46198 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What did you find today?
« Reply #2115 on: May 17, 2015, 12:39:48 PM »
A Waterstones book store fairly close to where I am. :2thumbsup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2116 on: May 17, 2015, 01:31:52 PM »

Around here  Barns and Noble has driven all the other ones out except for the occasional used book store,  I miss the days when there were a a dozen different ones around
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2117 on: May 18, 2015, 03:07:41 PM »

Around here  Barns and Noble has driven all the other ones out except for the occasional used book store,  I miss the days when there were a a dozen different ones around

There's a brilliant second hand bookstore round the corner--apparently it's one of the best in London--and several others close by. This place gives me hope.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #2118 on: May 19, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »
A slightly beaten up nest of tables at the Sue Ryder shop for a tenner.
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2119 on: June 10, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
6 very sturdy lawn chairs with matching cushions.

The matching table was broken, but as I only needed the chairs and have a table that actually matches... :thumbup:

Chairs and cushions need scrubbed, but are in good shape, should clean nicely, and no funky colors.

Scrubbed 2 chairs up quick when I unloaded them, they are sparkling.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2120 on: June 11, 2015, 12:48:30 AM »
A free range guinea pig running away from me in my garden.

I thought one day the critter would show up from next door. Neighbour thinks the wired fencing in the hedge would stop it. But with big mazes, it was only a matter of time.

Don't mind the critter here. But there is a gap under my garden door. It could now probably venture into the alley too. If it meets a dog there, it may be end of story. Would be sad for the toddler next door, if that happened.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2121 on: June 12, 2015, 08:25:26 AM »
Not just one....but two vacuums. :autism:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2122 on: June 12, 2015, 03:32:04 PM »
Zebra finch in the garden. Not shy of humans (or cats) at all. We tried to catch it, thinking it might come from the garden with the free range guinea pig. But it did fly away. It was not one of the neighbour finches btw.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2123 on: June 14, 2015, 05:46:43 AM »
I have found that I cannot fill in a big part of my student contract from. Worried that my supervisor is going to be disappointed when she sees it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2124 on: June 14, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »
 :hug:

Forms are evil incorporated.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2125 on: June 14, 2015, 11:27:13 PM »
I have found that I cannot fill in a big part of my student contract from. Worried that my supervisor is going to be disappointed when she sees it.

Why?

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2126 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:24 AM »

Why?
Because she will expect those parts to be filled in. And she did when I went to see her today. :-\ I picked her brain about what I could write on the form though and she was happy to tell me.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2127 on: June 19, 2015, 08:57:36 AM »

Why?
Because she will expect those parts to be filled in. And she did when I went to see her today. :-\ I picked her brain about what I could write on the form though and she was happy to tell me.
Forms are anathema to me. At my worst train wreckedness I can't even fill out a check properly. I have one that I sent my mother; she returned it because it was made out to myself. Sigh. I can do a check these days but anything longer than half a page and I have Pyraxis look over my shoulder so I don't get things in the wrong place.

My most favorite form filler was a crisis client who was bipolar having a manic episode. He made out the intake form: Father: Father son and holy spirit. Mother: Mary Address: Heaven and Earth. For the rest of the entries he drew little sheep on the paper. His art was quite good.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2128 on: June 19, 2015, 09:03:53 AM »
I found an app that had been taken off Goggle Play. It's a list app that makes a list in alpha order and when you check off something it goes to the bottom of the list. You can make more than one list.
It doesn't have fancy icons to put by my items. It doesn't assume that I want the first word of everything capitalized, it doesn't assume I want to save to the cloud or share my list of unmentionables with my friends. It doesn't sync to anything or allow me to make a voice list.

It just makes a list.
Something with the same name had replaced it and I thought to get the apk off my old mini tablet, but then I realized there might be a repository of old apps. It wasn't there but I found it on an open source site. So I also found that there is a whole world of safe apps out there that aren't on goggle and it's incredibly simple to add them to my phone.
For now, very happy to have simplist on my phone.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2129 on: June 19, 2015, 10:28:20 PM »

Why?
Forms are anathema to me. At my worst train wreckedness I can't even fill out a check properly. I have one that I sent my mother; she returned it because it was made out to myself. Sigh. I can do a check these days but anything longer than half a page and I have Pyraxis look over my shoulder so I don't get things in the wrong place.

My most favorite form filler was a crisis client who was bipolar having a manic episode. He made out the intake form: Father: Father son and holy spirit. Mother: Mary Address: Heaven and Earth. For the rest of the entries he drew little sheep on the paper. His art was quite good.
That is a funny story about the guy with bipolar.

I have found that I could eventually fill out the wretched form. Took me three days to think about what to write.

Cheques are no longer common here. Almost everything is done electronically now. I have a cheque account (and have had since I was 15) and have never written a cheque. We learnt how to write one in school though.
Tek'ma'tae