Author Topic: Did you take your meds today?  (Read 106765 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Did you take your meds today?
« Reply #4365 on: July 12, 2013, 12:32:50 AM »
I did, including the spazz meds.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4366 on: July 12, 2013, 07:40:17 AM »
Yes, including being awake at 7, although I didn't get out of bed until 7:45.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4367 on: July 13, 2013, 04:53:08 AM »
How are things with you now, Ren?

I took mine.

I am ok but still have anger management issues. The quetiapine is meant to calm me down but it doesn't really.
I am shocked haldol is even used now. It has a known, proven dopaminergic neurotoxic metabolite, similar to the imfamous parkinsonian toxin MPTP (barry kidston, 'case of the frozen addicts' case, guy was cooking up a prodine type opioid, one of the pethidines (or meperidine as the yanks call it), only he tried to shortcut the procedure by heating, resulting in a dehydration to a tetrahydropyridine, which then went and immediately, permanently, irreversibly destroyed his nigrostriatal dopaminergic tract. Bingo, instant near totally paralytic parkinsons disease.

The damage from this type of neurotoxicity DOES NOT HEAL. It is cumulative. I would switch ANY other AP, than haldol. IMO. shouldn't be used anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haloperidol

Have a read of that and see if you don't think the stuff is poison.
I read it but don't understand a lot of it.
I never knew this:
"It appears to be particularly successful when given to birds, e.g., a parrot that will otherwise continuously pluck its feathers out."

I was put back on haloperidol because the Zeldox/Geodon was affecting my heart, with a prolonged QTc interval. It didn't bother me but it bothered the doctors, so it was goodbye to a good med. :(

The haloperidol and lithium both have side effects I would rather do without so I got given benztropine - which also had side effects (blurred vision and constipation (no, I did not dig my shit out :zoinks: )) which are finally gone now.

I couldn't believe it when the doctors said I should take haloperidol again. I thought they would come up with something different like they did with the moclobemide.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4368 on: July 13, 2013, 07:18:55 AM »
Yes, meds, sensible b'fast and out of bed before 8 a.m.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4369 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »
Not yet. I should.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4370 on: July 14, 2013, 09:32:18 AM »
Yes.  My blood sugar was an amazingly reasonable level considering the amount of ice cream I ate last night.  However, my body doesn't feel all that great.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4371 on: July 15, 2013, 01:11:08 PM »
I just got back home from the pharmacy, my old man gave me a lift in the car so I could pick my shit up.

This place doesn't half take AGES to fill out my scripts, All in all, picking up the pre-done scripts from the docs, going to the nearby pharmacy, where there was a full complement of staff working, and just one other customer who was waiting also.

So this time I came prepared, lol; asked for my oxy pills to be done separately, and first before my other meds, as I needed them right away. That, and a pair of pliers in my pocket, some filters, a disposable one-use sterile cooker (little sterile-packed mini cup with a fold out tab to stabilize it at the bacvk, knocked out of thin sheet metal stampings), as well as one each of a rig and 28g point and a couple of one-serving saline mini-pods. Got my stuff, went to grab a paper from the paki shop at the corner, so I could nip into the payphone box on the way back for the long, long wait, and quickly prep one of my oxycontin (mine are the OC80s), and spike up before going back in.

MMMmmmmm that was JUST what was called for as a start to today, especially in this continuing blistering heatwave. And to say the very least, nice and relaxing. Lool...A speedball for breakfast ahahaha (although in this case, made from oxy, with a bit of the analog of methamphetamine where a thienyl ring replaces -phenyl rather than heroin and cocaine in the same rig...still, yum yum; tossing in maybe 1/3-1/2 of a point f methiopropamine gave it a rather delectable perky, zingy kick)

Although, I think in future though that I shall take a second sterile disinfectant swab, and more than just the 2x1ml salime amps; they, along with my works, cooker, filters etc. all come free of charge, courtesy of a needle exchange in the city center :)

The 2ml (in total) of saline isn't really enough for safely p preparation of oxycontin; as OCs take up a fair bit of water once dusted up into powder form in a cooker (no heat, cold cooked to prevent gelling up into an intractable gloopy mess of shit. Oh, and bring A-some clonidine (I love a couple
of the 25mcg  clonidine pills I get onscript; the effects being very, very powerfully anxiolytic, even as effectively so as a moderate dose of an an anxiolytic benzodiazepine suchas  a mid-sized dose of valium or temazepam (I don't find the latter hypnotic myself, although most apparently do.  They filter very will, (not benzos, these should never be slammed up, poor water solubility, which can lead to all manner of nastiness)

Grrr....where  the fuck is my tourniquet.. I never need one, or almost never. Only usually in the grip of a really devilishly frozen cold winter, when surface veins constrict and bugger off deeper underground. Pain in the arse.

And yes, I took most of my meds for the day. Not taken my night time dose of chlormethiazoe though, and only taken 1/4 of my myorelaxant dose. And I skipped my topical NSAID antiinflammatory spray (diclofenac) because at the moment, despite having had most of my meds, I'm pretty tactile-sensitive today and I can't be fucking doing with having to touch the painful area of my leg were the peripheral neuropathy is affecting it, I absolutely loathe that area being touched at the best of times.

It doesn't bother me though after I've gotten a shot of OC or brown in me though, opioids for some reason make me a hell of a lot less touch sensitive in general. So I'll get the knees/hips sprayed in just a moment ;) xD

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4372 on: July 15, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »
Yes.  I wasn't feeling well last night, so I took my evening beds and went to bed at 7:30 p.m.  Slept through to 4:45.  Then just dozed off and on until 6:30. 

Offline AspieMomma

• Red Headed Stepchild of the Aspie Elite.
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #4373 on: July 15, 2013, 02:02:30 PM »
Shit.  I knew I forgot to do something.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4374 on: July 15, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
Mmm...today has been a relief, and no mistake. I am so glad to have my antiseizure and pain meds, and fresh supply of adrenal suppressants back again. Spent the day nodding out on OC 80s, which is while not actual sleep, which I have had none of in almost a week, certainly plugged the gap until I do go to sleep tonight, and kept me much more comfortable than I was.

Aside that is, from slowly coming round from a 3 pill oxy/half point of MPA speedball, to find I was still holding the glowing roach end of my fag, and that my trousers were on fire :P

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4375 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »
I did.

I'm still amazed by the effect the anti-biotics have. I go outside without fear, OK, wearing lots of sunscreen, but I do that for years now. A bit of sun does not make my head explode in inflammations. Skin is still getting better and better, even after more than 8 weeks, didn't know it could be better, but, see the improvement happening.
I am getting pigmentation spots though. But, they don't hurt, they are over-sized freckles, and I have plenty of those, so why not ad a few bigger ones?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4376 on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:46 AM »
Just about to have a shot of oxy, before I tip everything off my bed, whip off all my clothes and lie down to veg out with a good book.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4377 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Just about to have a shot of oxy, before I tip everything off my bed, whip off all my clothes and lie down to veg out with a good book.

Do you have a simple fan, to aim at yourself? Makes life a lot more pleasant, when in/on bed in hot weather.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4378 on: July 19, 2013, 01:20:09 AM »
Not yet. Well, not counting the coffee.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4379 on: July 19, 2013, 09:27:52 AM »
Yes, although I forgot yesterday morning's.